Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Brings 100 Times Its 2007 Price
Feb 20, 2023 6:40 PM CST
First-Generation iPhone Brings 100 Times Its 2007 Price
Owner had never opened the gift received in 2007
- When Karen Green got a new job in 2007, her friends gave her a congratulatory iPhone. She had just gotten a new phone, so she never opened the gift. "I didn't want to get rid of my phone, and I figured, 'It's an iPhone, so it...
Steve Jobs' Used Birkenstocks
Just Sold for a Lot of Money
Nov 15, 2022 7:35 AM CST
Steve Jobs' Used Birkenstocks Just Sold for a Lot of Money
Sandals worn by the Apple co-founder in the 1970s and '80s fetch more than $218K
- Steve Job's old sandals, expected to sell for $60,000 to $80,000 at auction, ultimately demolished that estimate. An unnamed buyer paid a whopping $218,750 for the weathered Birkenstocks over the weekend, setting a record for the highest price ever paid for a pair of sandals at...
Steve Jobs' Daughter Posts
Meme Mocking New iPhone
in case you missed it
Sep 11, 2022 3:00 PM CDT
Steve Jobs' Daughter Posts Meme Mocking New iPhone
Widely-posted meme suggests iPhone 14 is identical to iPhone 13
- Steve Jobs' youngest child responded to Apple's Wednesday announcement of the new iPhone 14 with a meme mocking the latest version of the smartphone. The widely shared meme shows a man holding up a new shirt that is identical to the shirt he's already wearing, and it reads,...
He Was 7
Aug 9, 2022 11:08 AM CDT
He Was 7 When Hiroshima Was Bombed. Then, Design Fame
Issey Miyake, who created Steve Jobs' famous black turtlenecks, dies at 84
- A designer known for his high-tech yet comfortable origami-inspired designs, and who came up with the signature black turtlenecks worn by none other than Steve Jobs, has died. Miyake Design Office tells the AP that Issey Miyake died Friday of liver cancer at the age of 84, after a storied...
Laurene Powell Jobs
on Family Wealth:
'It Ends With Me'
Feb 29, 2020 12:00 PM CST
Laurene Powell Jobs on Family Wealth: 'It Ends With Me'
Steve Job's widow says she wants her $24B to be spread around
- The world's 35-richest person says her children aren't likely to inherit very much, Business Insider reports. Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of the late Steve Jobs, says she wants to distribute the former Apple CEO's money "in ways that lift up individuals and communities in a sustainable...
Changes at Apple Opened
Door to Ive's Departure
Jul 1, 2019 5:40 PM CDT
Changes at Apple Opened Door to Ive's Departure
Cook's shift in focus left design chief frustrated
- Apple announced the upcoming departure of design chief Jony Ive last week, but this was a separation that had been in the works for some time. Ive withdrew from the company's leadership over a period of several years as CEO Tim Cook emphasized business operations over product design, the...
Is Leaving Apple
Jun 28, 2019 3:29 AM CDT
Steve Jobs' 'Spiritual Partner' Is Leaving Apple
Jony Ive designed iPhone, iPad, iMac
- The man Steve Jobs once called his "spiritual partner" at Apple is leaving the company after nearly 30 years. British industrial designer Jony Ive—who became Sir Jonathan Ive in 2012—designed the iMac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, among other products. He joined the company in 1992...
Lisa Jobs Recalls Asking Dad
About Namesake Computer
Aug 6, 2018 12:28 PM CDT
Lisa Jobs Recalls Asking Dad About Namesake Computer
Steve Jobs told her he didn't name it in her honor, only to reverse course years later
- In an excerpt of her upcoming memoir in
, the oldest daughter of Steve Jobs recounts their complicated relationship when she was growing up. The Apple co-founder adamantly denied paternity until court-ordered DNA tests forced him to start providing support, and Lisa Brennan-Jobs writes about that and their sometimes...
Laurene Powell Jobs Is
on Her Own Mission Now
Jun 12, 2018 10:55 AM CDT
Laurene Powell Jobs Is on Her Own Mission Now
Widow of Steve Jobs is investing in various fields though her Emerson Collective
- She's 54, the widow of Steve Jobs, one of the richest women on the planet, and the founder and driving force behind what might be "the most influential product of Silicon Valley that you've never heard of," according to a lengthy profile in the
Steve Jobs' Job Application
From 1973 Had Some Errors
Feb 23, 2018 6:35 AM CST
Steve Jobs' Job Application From 1973 Had Some Errors
It's going on the auction block next month
- A resume filled with typos from an applicant who said he had no phone and probably no way to get to work normally wouldn't end up anywhere else but the trash can, but in this case, it might fetch as much as $50,000 at auction. That's because...
Apple Code Release Will
Take Us Back to 1983
Jan 6, 2018 8:30 AM CST
Apple Code Release Will Take Us Back to 1983
Apple's Lisa computer famously flopped that year
- The source code for Apple's 1983 computer that cost $10,000, may have led to the ouster of Steve Jobs, and is widely seen as the tech giant's biggest ever flop could soon be yours. Al Kossow, software curator at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California,...
After Uber Shocker, Everyone's
Talking About Steve Jobs
Jun 21, 2017 10:43 AM CDT
After Uber Shocker, Everyone's Talking About Steve Jobs
But many say the ouster of Travis Kalanick isn't the same
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick's surprise resignation is drawing comparisons to another Silicon Valley ouster, that of Steve Jobs on his first go-round with Apple in 1985. Here's a look at what people are saying, including the pushback against those comparisons:
"This is shocking," writes
New Apple HQ's
Attention to Detail
Is, Frankly, Insane
May 18, 2017 5:06 PM CDT
New Apple HQ's Attention to Detail Is, Frankly, Insane
Is it an 'anal-retentive nightmare of indulgence gone wild'?
- A glass door four stories tall; nearly 9,000 trees; a cafe with patented box technology to keep pizzas from getting soggy; a two-story yoga room covered in stones specifically distressed to look like those at Steve Jobs' favorite hotel. These are but a few of the features of the...
New Apple HQ Takes Attention
to Detail to Insane Heights
Feb 7, 2017 4:39 PM CST
New Apple HQ Takes Attention to Detail to Insane Heights
18 months to figure out door handles, 30 pages of guidelines on wood use
- It turns out applying the same design principles used to make a smartphone to a 2.8 million-square-foot building can make for a truly bizarre construction experience. Reuters reports Apple's new headquarters, the creatively named Apple Campus 2, is Steve Jobs' final project for the company he co-founded. Fittingly,...
Apple's Book: A $300 'Gentle
Gathering' of Product Photos
Nov 15, 2016 11:47 AM CST
Apple's Book: A $300 'Gentle Gathering' of Product Photos
There are 450 photos, for what it's worth
- "A book like this takes courage" is how the Verge describes Apple's newest publishing venture. Not because the coffee-table tome features narratives on how the company's products change the world , but because it boasts page upon page of breathtakingly beautiful photos of Apple products—450 photos, to...
'Rookie Card' Apple-1,
Likely Finished by
Jobs, Is for Sale
Aug 22, 2016 4:44 AM CDT
'Rookie Card' Apple-1, Likely Finished by Jobs, Is for Sale
Expect the winning bid to be over $1M
- An early Apple computer is up for auction, and it's a safe bet the winning bidder will be shelling out north of $1 million. The reason? The Apple-1 being sold at Charitybuzz appears to be a rare prototype likely hand-finished by Steve Jobs himself four decades ago, reports Recode...
Like to Pay
Steve Jobs $176
Feb 28, 2016 12:02 PM CST
SF Would Like to Pay Steve Jobs $176
He overpaid parking tickets years ago, you see
- Paging Steve Jobs: The city of San Francisco would very belatedly like to refund you $176. In kind of a strange story picked up by the
Washington Post ,
it seems that the Apple co-founder appears on a lengthy list of people—including California AG Kamala Harris and PayPal co-founder Peter...
France Vows to
Dec 13, 2015 7:59 AM CST
France Vows to Protect Banksy's Steve Jobs Migrant Mural
Artist put it up at refugee camp in Calais
- Banksy's latest high-profile mural makes a point about the plight of Syrian refugees though the example of Steve Jobs—and authorities in France are making sure the mural sticks around for a while. The artist painted a life-size mural of Jobs, whose biological father was a Syrian native, at...
Oct 20, 2015 5:20 PM CDT
Apple Fans Hunt for Steve Jobs' Unmarked Grave
'Good luck,' says Silicon Valley cemetery
- Atlantis. The Fountain of Youth. A decent
movie. Dreamers and adventurers have been searching for the unfindable throughout history. Now we can add another hidden treasure to the list: Steve Jobs' grave. The
San Jose Mercury News
reports Apple fans from around the world—China, Indonesia, Brazil, Paris,...
Is Brilliant as
Oct 9, 2015 11:22 AM CDT
Fassbender Is Brilliant as Steve Jobs
Critics love him and Aaron Sorkin's 'three-act' script
- Audiences have given Danny Boyle's
a so-so rating of 65% on Rotten Tomatoes . Critics, on the other hand, have given it a 91% rating, calling the film one of the year's best. Here's what they're saying:
The film unfolds like a "three-act play,
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
She Had a Day Job as a Baker. Then Came 'Mr. Big Stuff'
Here's Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year for 2023
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.