Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Greta Pulls Off Epic Rickroll
Oct 18, 2021 12:55 PM CDT
Greta Pulls Off Epic Rickroll
She sings and dances at youth climate conference
- It's not every rickroll that draws the attention of Rick Astley himself, but this one managed to do so. Greta Thunberg addressed a youth climate conference in Stockholm over the weekend, but the first words of her "speech" were a telling clue, notes the
Padres Pull a Fast One
on Visiting Red Sox Fans
Aug 26, 2019 6:13 AM CDT
Padres Pull a Fast One on Visiting Red Sox Fans
They got rickrolled during 'Sweet Caroline'
- Yes, rickrolling is still a thing, and a memorable one took place Sunday during the game between the San Diego Padres and the visiting Boston Red Sox. Between innings, the stadium scoreboard pleased Boston fans by inviting everyone to sing along with the Red Sox fan favorite "Sweet Caroline,...
Foo Fighters Pull Off
Biggest Rickroll Ever
Aug 21, 2017 5:21 AM CDT
Foo Fighters Pull Off Biggest Rickroll Ever
Astley joins them for music festival mash-up
- In scenes that would have almost certainly confounded Kurt Cobain, the Foo Fighters pulled off the most spectacular Rickroll of all time at a music festival in Tokyo on Sunday. After the band performed a few of their own songs, lead singer Dave Grohl told the audience at the Summer...
Vine With Rickroll
Jun 5, 2013 11:43 AM CDT
16-Year-Old Hacks Vine With Rickroll
Cleveland kid uploads full Astley video, later apologizes to Twitter engineers
- Monday turned out to be a milestone day for Vine, the app for Twitter that lets users share six-second videos. Vine became available for Android that day, but the
coming-of-age moment arrived when a Cleveland teenager quickly hacked into the Android code and uploaded the full 3-minute-plus video of...
White House Rickrolls
Jul 27, 2011 6:04 PM CDT
White House Rickrolls Twitter Followers
Links to Rick Astley feed in official tweet
- OK, so they may be a year or two (or three) late from the
of the trend, but the White House Twitter feed got in a little "rickrolling" action today. In response to this tweet from someone complaining that the press briefing was a little dull, the White...
in case you missed it
Apr 16, 2011 6:34 AM CDT
Oregon Legislators Rickroll Colleagues
April Fool's Day prank goes viral
- From Oregon, a lesson in April Fool's Day pranks, viral videos ... and bipartisanship: A group of 12 state lawmakers managed to "Rickroll" their colleagues last year, by slipping the lyrics to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" into speeches they made on the House floor....
April Fool's Pranks
a whopper for lefties?
Apr 1, 2010 11:38 AM CDT
12 Legendary April Fool's Pranks
Big Ben going digital? Switzerland harvesting spaghetti?
- As you prepare whatever April Fools' Day prank you have in mind for your loved ones, take a look back at 12 classic jokes, courtesy of the Daily Beast :
Swiss spaghetti harvest
: In 1957, the BBC aired a serious-sounding report on Switzerland’s bumper crop of pasta; hundreds fell for
Web Trends 101
May 7, 2009 2:04 PM CDT
Welcome to Remedial Web Trends 101
David Pogue searches for the meme canon
- When the
New York Times
’ tech guru admitted on Twitter to only recently having heard of “Rickrolling”—the Internet prank in which a link promises something desirable but delivers the video for Rick Astley’s
Never Gonna Give You Up
—his followers blasted him for being “so...
Into the Spirit
it's april 1
Apr 1, 2008 3:44 PM CDT
Google Gets Into the Spirit
Search engine pranks users with email time machine, mission to Mars
- Google continued a time-honored tradition of April Fools’ Day pranks today with foolish new email features and a mission to Mars, cNet reports. Gmail users found a new feature, “Custom Time,” which would allow emails to be sent back in time. And not to worry in case of...
Popular on Newser
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
It's a 'Huge Milestone' for US Currency
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Warrant: FedEx Driver Panicked After Hitting Girl
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.