Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
As Musk Fiddles
With Twitter, Tesla Burns
Nov 22, 2022 7:43 AM CST
As Musk Fiddles With Twitter, Tesla Burns
EV manufacturer's shares plummet to 2-year low, which some attribute to Musk's 'loss of focus'
- Elon Musk recently tweeted that he'd be "working & sleeping" at Twitter, his newest acquisition, "until the org is fixed." But that intense dedication to Twitter (and the chaos that has ensued since Musk took over) is among the factors that have investors in his other...
Musk: 'I Frankly Don't Want
to Be the CEO of Any Company'
Nov 16, 2022 2:46 PM CST
Musk: 'I Frankly Don't Want to Be the CEO of Any Company'
The CEO/CEO/CEO testified in a Tesla shareholder trial in Delaware
- Elon Musk is a CEO in triplicate: It's the title he has at Tesla, SpaceX, and now Twitter. But as he tells it, he'd prefer the count to be zero. Musk said as much from the witness stand Wednesday while in a Delaware court where he was battling...
Senator to Elon Musk: 'Fix Your
Companies. Or Congress Will'
Nov 14, 2022 7:00 AM CST
Senator to Elon Musk: 'Fix Your Companies. Or Congress Will'
Dem Sen. Ed Markey of Mass. got into it with the Twitter CEO over the weekend
- Elon Musk had it out over the weekend with a US senator on the platform he now owns. Axios reports that Democratic Sen. Ed Markey of Massachusetts kicked things off on Friday with a letter to Musk that he posted on Twitter , asking Musk to fill him in on how...
Unloads $4B More
in Tesla Stock
Nov 9, 2022 5:37 AM CST
Elon Musk Unloads $4B More in Tesla Stock
Scraping the couch cushions presumably to fund his Twitter purchase
- Twitter's new owner and Tesla CEO Elon Musk has sold nearly $4 billion worth of Tesla shares, according to regulatory filings cited by the AP . Musk, who bought Twitter for $44 billion, sold 19.5 million shares of the electric car company from Nov. 4 to Nov. 8, according...
Tesla Rival's Flying Car
Makes Its Maiden Flight
Nov 4, 2022 10:04 AM CDT
Tesla Rival's Flying Car Makes Its Maiden Flight
Xpeng's X3 was unveiled late last month, but it's got competition
- A Chinese electric-vehicle manufacturer that's considered a Tesla rival has driven its first flying car out of the garage and into the sky, and its unveiling is spurring buzz across the eVToL (electric vertical takeoff and landing) landscape. NPR reports that Xpeng held its annual Tech Day on Oct....
a Million Cars
Sep 22, 2022 1:29 PM CDT
Tesla Recalls a Million Cars Over Windows
They might pinch people's fingers when rolling up
- Tesla is recalling nearly 1.1 million vehicles in the US because the windows can pinch a person's fingers when being rolled up. Tesla says in documents posted Thursday by US safety regulators that the automatic window reversal system may not react correctly after detecting an obstruction, per the...
Sep 9, 2022 4:50 PM CDT
Tesla Considers Refining Lithium
Price of battery component has shot up, but supply hasn't
- Supply chain realities involving batteries have driven Tesla to consider building its own lithium hydroxide refining plant. The maker of electric vehicles has filed a notice with Texas saying that it's considering locations in Texas and Louisiana that have access to the Gulf Coast shipping channel. The company said...
Tesla to Advocacy Group:
Take Down Videos, Now
Aug 25, 2022 4:06 PM CDT
Tesla to Advocacy Group: Take Down Videos, Now
Company threatens legal action after the Dawn Project says Full Self-Driving is dangerous
- Tesla is threatening legal action against an advocacy group and demanding it immediately take down videos that allege the company's Full Self-Driving mode is a particular threat to child pedestrians. The
reports that the company sent a cease-and-desist letter to the Dawn Project, which is run by...
What He Said
Aug 10, 2022 8:37 AM CDT
Musk Does What He Said He Wouldn't
Billionaire sells $6.9B in Tesla stock in case his $44B purchase of Twitter goes through
- Elon Musk has reneged on his vow not to sell more Tesla stock. The billionaire just sold $6.9 billion in stock in the company ahead of a court battle that could force him to follow through on his earlier offer to buy Twitter. He sold 7.92 million shares...
Tesla Autopilot May Have
a Motorcycle Problem
Aug 5, 2022 3:49 PM CDT
Tesla Autopilot May Have a Motorcycle Problem
Authorities investigating two fatal crashes
- Two crashes involving Teslas apparently running on Autopilot are drawing scrutiny from federal regulators and suggest a potential new hazard on US freeways: The partially automated vehicles may not stop for motorcycles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sent investigation teams to two crashes last month in which Teslas collided...
Tesla Sells 3/4
of Its Bitcoin
Jul 21, 2022 1:01 AM CDT
Tesla Sells 3/4 of Its Bitcoin Holdings
Amid ongoing production issues
- Tesla had what the
describes as a "shaky" second quarter, reporting a 32% drop in profit from the first quarter's record levels and having a difficult time meeting demand due to production issues. Amid all this, it has sold 75% of its bitcoin holdings, $936 million worth,...
Tesla to Cough Up
$105K in Teen's
Jul 20, 2022 6:55 AM CDT
Tesla to Cough Up $105K in Teen's Fatal Crash
Carmaker found 1% liable after deactivating speed limiter
- Tesla was negligent in deactivating a speed limiter on a Model S driven by an 18-year-old who crashed in 2018, killing himself and a passenger, though the driver and his father were 99% at fault, a Florida jury has found. According to a National Transportation Safety Board report, Barrett Riley...
Jun 22, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Musk Says New Tesla Factories Are Burning Cash
CEO calls Austin and Berlin plants 'gigantic money furnaces' because of supply chain, battery issues
- At some point, the Tesla factories that opened in Texas and Germany earlier this year will pay off. But at the moment, CEO Elon Musk says, they're money pits. "Both Berlin and Austin factories are gigantic money furnaces right now," he said, per Forbes . "It's...
Caught Fire,' Kept Igniting
Jun 22, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Tesla 'Spontaneously Caught Fire,' Kept Igniting
Electric vehicle had been damaged in a crash weeks before
- A Tesla Model S had been sitting in a scrapyard for three weeks following a collision when it spontaneously burst into flames this month, then kept re-igniting, transforming into "a heap of melted and burned metal," per the
. The Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District described how the...
Tesla Leads Carmakers
in Undesirable Category
Jun 15, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Tesla Leads Carmakers in Undesirable Category
Their vehicles with autopilot crash more than those of other manufacturers
- Teslas with autopilot have made plenty of headlines in recent years, including in a handful of fatal crashes. But new data released by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration reveals that crashes are more common than previously known. Teslas have been in 273 crashes since last July, accounting for almost...
Does Your Tesla
for No Reason?
You're Not Alone
Jun 3, 2022 10:22 AM CDT
Does Your Tesla Suddenly Brake for No Reason? You're Not Alone
NHTSA: More than 750 Tesla owners have reported 'phantom braking' phenomenon
- More than 750 Tesla owners have complained to US safety regulators that cars operating on the automaker's partially automated driving systems have suddenly stopped on roadways for no apparent reason. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revealed the number in a detailed information request letter to Tesla that was...
Elon Musk Has 'Super Bad
Feeling' About Economy
Jun 3, 2022 8:37 AM CDT
Elon Musk Has 'Super Bad Feeling' About Economy
He says Tesla needs to cut 10% of jobs
- Just days after he declared that working from home was unacceptable, Elon Musk has decided some Tesla employees don't need to come back at all. In an email to execs seen by Reuters, the Tesla CEO says he is planning to cut around 10% of jobs at the company...
Elon Musk Takes
Rigid Stance on Remote Work
Jun 1, 2022 11:16 AM CDT
Elon Musk Takes Rigid Stance on Remote Work
Email posted to Twitter purportedly tells Tesla staff remote work only OK past 40-hour mark
- Elon Musk has made clear to his Tesla workforce that remote work is not acceptable. Nor is it "acceptble," as the subject line of an email apparently sent to Tesla employees Tuesday and later posted to Twitter made clear. The brief email explains that "anyone who wishes...
I See Elon Musk as an
Emperor Without Clothes
May 27, 2022 9:20 AM CDT
I See Elon Musk as an Emperor Without Clothes
Edward Niedermeyer has been digging into Musk, Tesla since 2015
- For Edward Niedermeyer, it's plain as day: The emperor—that would be Elon Musk—has no clothes. It's an opinion Niedermeyer has held for years, and he hasn't been quiet about it (see his 2019 publication of the book
Ludicrous: The Unvarnished Story of Tesla Motors
Judge Says Musk Made
Knowingly False Statements
May 12, 2022 4:59 AM CDT
Judge Says Musk Made Knowingly False Statements
Next, a jury will need to decide how much damage he caused
- In a pre-trial ruling, a federal judge in California has determined that Elon Musk was "inaccurate and reckless" when—out of the blue one summer morning in 2018—he tweeted, "Am considering taking Tesla private at $420. Funding secured.” Musk had indeed talked to Saudi investors about...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Paramedic Tried to Save Crash Victim, Later Learned It Was Her Girl
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
King's Secret Code Is Broken 500 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.