Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Another US Giant Is
Splitting Into Stand-Alones
Jun 21, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Another US Giant Is Splitting Into Stand-Alones
Kellogg will now have separate businesses dedicated to cereals, snacks, and plant-based foods
- Kellogg is letting go of its Eggos. Rather, the frozen waffle brand will no longer fall under the general Kellogg's umbrella, but instead will be absorbed into one of three stand-alone businesses that the food conglomerate has announced it's splitting into. The
Wall Street Journal
notes the three...
Tropicana Apparently Wants
to Start a Weird Breakfast Fad
May 3, 2022 8:39 AM CDT
Tropicana Apparently Wants to Start a Weird Breakfast Fad
Company's new offering is cereal made for orange juice, not milk
- It doesn't have the cachet of Cinco de Mayo, but the day preceding that celebration is, weirdly, National Orange Juice Day . For this May 4—Wednesday—Tropicana has scored some marketing buzz by concocting a breakfast cereal it says is made for orange juice instead of milk, reports NBC...
Redditors Clog Kellogg's Job
Portal, in Solidarity With Strike
Dec 11, 2021 8:00 AM CST
Redditors Clog Kellogg's Job Portal, in Solidarity With Strike
Company has said it plans to replace striking workers with new applicants
Kellogg's plan to replace striking workers with new applicants just got more complicated. People on Reddit and TikTok sympathetic to the striking workers are spamming the company's job-application portal, reports the Hill . "It's time to clog their toilet of an application pipeline," reads a...
John Oliver Goes on
a Cereal Rant
Jun 2, 2021 12:13 AM CDT
John Oliver Goes on a Cereal Rant
Challenges Cheerios to drop an F-bomb
- Late night host John Oliver has a big issue with ... breakfast cereals. In a web exclusive video , the
Last Week Tonight
host ranted about the tendency of cereal brands to deliver "empty nonsense" and meaningless "positivity" jargon in their ad campaigns and on social media. "No one...
Desperate Grape-Nuts Fans
Who Paid Big to Get Some Love
Mar 24, 2021 12:18 PM CDT
Desperate Grape-Nuts Fans Who Paid Big to Get Some Love
The cereal is shipping at full capacity, and those who overpaid can get reimbursed
- Grape-Nuts is filling up shelves again—and potentially filling some wallets. Cereal maker Post Consumer Brands on Wednesday announced that the pandemic-induced Grape-Nuts drought is over, as Post said would be the case in January when it promised a return to pre-COVID stocks by early spring. In a news release...
Day's Biggest Mystery Involves
Box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Mar 23, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
Day's Biggest Mystery Involves Box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Jensen Karp accuses company of gaslighting him over what he says were shrimp tales
- Comedian Jensen Karp is accusing General Mills of "gaslighting" him after he complained that his bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch was more like Crustacean Crunch. Karp said when he complained Monday that he had found shrimp tails in his cereal—photo here —the company offered to replace the...
To Woo Millennials, 4 Cereals
Are 'Kicking It Old School'
Sep 24, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
To Woo Millennials, 4 Cereals Are 'Kicking It Old School'
Cocoa Puffs, Trix, Cookie Crisp, Golden Grahams are going back to the '80s
- If your Cocoa Puffs taste especially chocolatey lately, it's not your imagination. That's because General Mills is tapping into consumer nostalgia in an effort to woo millennials and others via an update on four of its breakfast cereals, Food Dive reports. Or is that a backdate? "Your...
The Taste of Defeat:
Chex Flavor Hits South Korea
Jul 3, 2020 2:02 PM CDT
The Taste of Defeat: Chex Flavor Hits South Korea
Green onion-flavored cereal had lost a contested consumer vote years ago
- South Koreans have waited 16 years for a savory, crispy bite that would satisfy their taste buds and right an infamous wrong. This week, they finally could fill a bowl with the cereal they wanted all along: green onion-flavored Chex. Kellogg's Korea's limited-edition flavor released this week, complete...
'a New Low'
May 15, 2020 1:27 PM CDT
NYC MTA: TikTok Star's Subway Prank 'a New Low'
Josh Popkin's Fruity Pebbles-and-milk stunt didn't go over well
- A TikTok star caused quite a commotion on a New York City subway, and now he's facing quite a backlash. Per BuzzFeed , Josh Popkin, the 23-year-old also known as @fckjoshy, shared video on the social network showing him carrying a plastic bin filled with Fruity Pebbles and milk onto...
a Breakfast Food
Nov 15, 2019 5:50 AM CST
Twinkies: Now a Breakfast Food
Start your day with 16 grams of sugar
- Why have one Twinkie when you could have a bowl full? You can, as of next month. A cereal based on the golden pastry—a collaboration of Hostess and Post Consumer Brands—is set to arrive on grocery store shelves by the end of the year, reports
Cops: Man Killed Wife
With Heroin-Laced Cereal
Aug 28, 2019 9:01 AM CDT
Cops: Man Killed Wife With Heroin-Laced Cereal
Charges come 5 years after Christina Harris' death
- A month after Christina Harris was found dead at her Michigan home on Sept. 29, 2014, her death was ruled an accidental heroin overdose. That left many questions since none of the woman's friends and family knew her to use heroin. And though her husband had been fired from...
You Should Stop Eating
Kellogg's Honey Smacks
Jul 13, 2018 6:24 AM CDT
You Should Stop Eating Kellogg's Honey Smacks
Despite salmonella recall, boxes still being sold; 100 people now sickened across US
- The number of people with salmonella linked to Kellogg's Honey Smacks cereal has grown to 100 across the US, prompting the CDC to issue a blunt warning via tweet : "Do not eat this cereal." The company voluntarily recalled the cereal last month, but the FDA says it'...
73 Salmonella Cases
Linked to Kellogg's Cereal
Jun 15, 2018 9:49 AM CDT
73 Salmonella Cases Linked to Kellogg's Cereal
Company recalling boxes of Honey Smacks as it investigates
- Kellogg's is recalling boxes of its Honey Smacks cereal, identified as the likely source of a salmonella outbreak that's hit 73 people in 31 states since March. Of those, 24 had been hospitalized as of May 28, when the last known case was reported. Most have occurred in...
Kellogg's Sorry About Racially
Insensitive Cereal Boxes
Oct 25, 2017 3:44 PM CDT
Kellogg's Sorry About Racially Insensitive Cereal Boxes
Why do yellow corn pops get to have fun at mall while the only brown one waxes the floor?
- "Why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? This is teaching kids racism," Saladin Ahmed tweeted Tuesday. The Marvel Comics writer and fantasy author was looking at the artwork on a box of Kellogg's Corn Pops that
Is Already Back
Sep 21, 2017 5:11 PM CDT
'Classic Trix' Is Already Back
Version with artificial colors, flavors will return to shelves
- Trix is back to its old tricks: The colorful cereal will once again be made with artificial dyes and flavors, nearly two years after they were banished from the cereal, the AP reports. Food maker General Mills said Thursday that Classic Trix will return to supermarket shelves in October. But...
Man Realizes How Much Sugar
Is in Cereals, Sues Kellogg's
Aug 16, 2017 2:17 PM CDT
Man Realizes How Much Sugar Is in Cereals, Sues Kellogg's
Judge refuses to completely dismiss lawsuit
- Kellogg's will appear in court to defend the amount of sugar contained in cereals and other breakfast products it claims are healthy, Courthouse News reports. The class-action lawsuit was brought by Stephen Hadley, who says he ate Kellogg's products for breakfast for years and believed he was making...
Out With First
in 15 Years
Jun 7, 2016 7:57 AM CDT
General Mills Out With First New Cereal in 15 Years
Tiny Toast uses mini-toast pieces sprinkled with real fruit
- The breakfast world hasn't seen a new cereal from General Mills since the turn of the millennium, but that's about to change. The food company known for Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch has announced that consumers will be able to pour milk later this month over Tiny Toast,...
Survey: Millennials Are
Too Lazy to Eat Cereal
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 28, 2016 7:03 AM CST
Survey: Millennials Are Too Lazy to Eat Cereal
'Bowls don't clean themselves'
- It seems millennials are waging a new generational war—and the enemy is Cap'n Crunch. The
reports the sale of breakfast cereals in the US is down nearly 30% over the past 15 years. Part of that is growing preferences for things like smoothies and protein bars,...
Goes Crazy With
Oct 15, 2015 6:20 PM CDT
Lucky Charms Goes Crazy With All-Marshmallow Cereal Box
But at least Biz Markie is getting work
- Big news for fans of sugary breakfast cereals and social-media-driven brand promotions: Lucky Charms is giving people the chance to win "the unicorn of the cereal world," a box of Marshmallow Only Lucky Charms,
reports. According to General Mills , the contest is in response to the constant...
1.8M Boxes of
Oct 6, 2015 3:58 AM CDT
1.8M Boxes of Cheerios Recalled
'Gluten-free' cereal actually has free gluten
- General Mills is recalling 1.8 million boxes of Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios produced at a plant in Lodi, Calif., saying the cereal is labeled gluten-free but actually contains wheat. The recall affects Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios that were made in July. The Minneapolis company said Monday that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Santos: 'I No Longer Have to Answer a Single Question'
Sheriff Stands by 'Deeply Concerning' Arrest of Reporter
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.