Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Oprah: No, I Didn't Ask Romney
to Run for White House With Me
Oct 19, 2023 12:20 PM CDT
Oprah: No, I Didn't Ask Romney to Run for White House With Me
She disputes claim in new book
- Oprah Winfrey is disputing a new book's assertion that she once called Mitt Romney to suggest they run for the White House on the same ticket. Yes, the spokesperson says, Winfrey did indeed call the Utah Republican in the run-up to the 2020 election, but not to float a...
Crawford on '86
'I Was Like
Sep 21, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Crawford on '86 Oprah Interview: 'I Was Like the Chattel'
Supermodel looks back on uncomfortable talk-show appearance, offers thoughts on ex Richard Gere
- The Apple TV+ docuseries
The Super Models
debuted Wednesday, detailing the careers of Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, and, perhaps the most famous of them all, Cindy Crawford. The first episode brings Crawford to the screen, where she makes not only rare comments about her first marriage to actor...
Oprah, the Rock: 'This Is What
You Can Do' to Help Maui
Sep 1, 2023 1:00 PM CDT
Oprah, the Rock: 'This Is What You Can Do' to Help Maui
Stars announce fund to help displaced residents
- Oprah Winfrey and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson have committed $10 million to make direct payments to people on Maui who are unable to return to their homes because of the wildfires, through a new fund they announced this week. The People's Fund of Maui will give $1,200...
Brace for Hawaii Death Toll
to Rise Quickly
Aug 11, 2023 2:23 PM CDT
Brace for Hawaii Death Toll to Rise Quickly
Rescuers have yet to be able to search inside buidlings
- The death toll from the Hawaiian wildfires stood at 55 on Friday afternoon, but it's expected to multiply in the near future. The reason? Authorities have not yet been able to search
the scores of burned-out buildings. "We're waiting for FEMA to help with that search,...
Big Name Pops
Up as Possible
May 25, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
Big Name Pops Up as Possible Feinstein Replacement
'Floated in California circle' as debate continues on whether 89-year-old senator should resign: Oprah
- From a recent "concerning" exchange with a journalist, to the odd revelation that Nancy Pelosi's daughter is serving as her aide, Sen. Dianne Feinstein continues to spur questions on whether she should step down after a debilitating bout of shingles and related conditions . One person on the side...
Trump Dishes on Coming Book
of 'Incredible' Correspondence
Mar 15, 2023 12:04 AM CDT
Trump Dishes on Coming Book of 'Incredible' Correspondence
Former POTUS says letters include a lot of 'ass-kissing'
- While promoting his upcoming book, former President Trump on Tuesday gave more details of what exactly the world can expect from the collection of correspondence. Of the big names featured in the book—which will include Queen Elizabeth II, former President George W. Bush, former President Obama, Chinese President Xi...
Oprah Winfrey Makes
Book Club's 100th Pick
Mar 14, 2023 5:17 PM CDT
Oprah Winfrey Makes Book Club's 100th Pick
Club has endured through many changes
- For her 100th book club pick, Oprah Winfrey relied on the same instincts she has drawn upon from the start: Does the story move her? Does she think about it for days after? In a work of fiction, do the characters seem real to her? "When I don’t...
Feb 1, 2023 1:30 AM CST
Dr. Phil Is Ending
Daytime TV talk show ending after 21st season
- A staple of daytime television is coming to an end: Dr. Phil McGraw announced Tuesday that the current season of
will be the last. McGraw got his television start on Oprah Winfrey's show in the 1990s, and the talk and advice show he then started hosting has...
From Big Name
Nov 4, 2022 5:31 AM CDT
Fetterman Gets Endorsement From Big Name
Oprah Winfrey tells listeners to vote for him over Mehmet Oz
- TV icon Oprah Winfrey on Thursday endorsed Democrat John Fetterman in Pennsylvania's hotly contested Senate race and rejected Republican Dr. Mehmet Oz, whom she'd helped launch to stardom nearly two decades ago when she brought him on her popular daytime talk show as a regular guest. Until now,...
Death Row Inmate Says He's
Innocent, and Winfrey Agrees
Oct 31, 2022 6:30 PM CDT
Death Row Inmate Says He's Innocent, and Winfrey Agrees
Court's decision on Jarvis Jay Masters' appeal is expected any day
- This isn't the first time Jarvis Jay Masters has been forced to wait while a judge decides his fate. According to Kevin Rector of the
Los Angeles Times
, Masters has launched several unsuccessful appeals to overturn his conviction and death sentence for the 1985 murder of corrections officer Hal...
Even With $2.5B,
Oprah Isn't Among
400 Richest in US
Sep 28, 2022 12:05 PM CDT
Even With $2.5B, Oprah Isn't Among 400 Richest in US
Kanye West doesn't make the cut, either, though Donald Trump does
- Donald Trump has found his way back onto
' list of the 400 richest Americans. The former president was excluded in 2021 for the first time in 25 years. But with an estimated net worth of $3.2 billion—up from $2.5 billion last year—he's back for...
Death Row Inmate Is Author
of Oprah's New Book Pick
Sep 13, 2022 11:28 AM CDT
Death Row Inmate Is Author of Oprah's New Book Pick
Winfrey selects 'That Bird Has My Wings' by Jarvis Jay Masters
- Oprah Winfrey has selected a prison memoir by Jarvis Jay Masters, currently on death row in San Quentin State Prison in California, for her latest book club pick. Masters'
That Bird Has My Wings: The Autobiography of an Innocent Man on Death Row
was first published in 2009. Activists for...
Oprah Gives Teen Author
'Surprise of a Lifetime'
Jun 7, 2022 1:46 PM CDT
Oprah Gives Teen Author 'Surprise of a Lifetime'
Leila Mottley, 19, is youngest-ever Book Club pick
- Oprah Winfrey has chosen 19-year-old Leila Mottley's
, a debut novel about a young Black woman from East Oakland and her battles with poverty, racism, and the police, for her next book club pick. A spokesperson for Winfrey said Mottley is the youngest author ever selected for Oprah’s...
Oprah on Beverly Hills
Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
Dec 2, 2021 1:05 PM CST
Oprah on Beverly Hills Murder: 'World Is Upside Down'
Jacqueline Avant's shooting death follows string of robberies targeting the rich and famous
- Oprah Winfrey is among the celebrities in shock at the killing of Jacqueline Avant , a philanthropist with ties to the rich and famous who called Beverly Hills home for half a decade. The 81-year-old wife of legendary music producer Clarence Avant and mother of former US ambassador to the Bahamas...
Adele Gets Personal
in Sit-Down With Oprah
Nov 15, 2021 12:30 PM CST
Adele Gets Personal in Sit-Down With Oprah
In CBS special, star gives a mini-concert, talks about her divorce, weight loss, new love
- For those who've been waiting to see Adele perform in public again, this weekend offered that chance, and much more. The 33-year-old star showed up Sunday night in a two-hour CBS special, which alternated between showing Adele crooning 10 old and new songs at Los Angeles' Griffith Observatory to...
Piers Morgan Gloats Over
Outcome of Markle Probe
Sep 1, 2021 3:20 PM CDT
Piers Morgan Gloats Over Outcome of Markle Probe
More than 50K complaints were lodged
- The UK’s Office of Communications has issued a 97-page report following a months-long investigation into an episode of
Good Morning Britain.
The upshot: The controversial comments Piers Morgan made about Meghan Markle are not technically in violation of broadcast standards. It’s not exactly an endorsement, but Morgan is...
Harry: Ages 28 to 32
Were a 'Nightmare Period'
May 21, 2021 8:10 AM CDT
Harry: Ages 28 to 32 Were a 'Nightmare Period'
He says he turned to drugs, alcohol to dull the pain of his mom's death
- Prince Harry is continuing to open up about his mental health in a way not seen from any royal since his mother, Princess Diana. In new Apple TV+ series
The Me You Can't See
, which he co-created with Oprah Winfrey, the prince discusses the trauma of Diana's death...
Lady Gaga: I Had
May 21, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Lady Gaga: I Had 'Psychotic Break' After Rapist Impregnated Me
In new Oprah/Prince Harry series, performer talks mental health struggles
- Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry's
The Me You Can't See
, a series on mental health airing on Apple TV+, had its debut episode this week, with none other than Stefani Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga, as its guest. It was an emotional episode for the 35-year-old singer and actress,...
Elliot Page After Surgery:
No More Feeling 'Panicked'
Apr 29, 2021 12:11 PM CDT
Elliot Page After Surgery: No More Feeling 'Panicked'
Trans actor opens up to Oprah Winfrey, 'Vanity Fair'
- The 34-year-old actor Elliot Page says he finally feels comfortable in his body "for probably the first time." He sits down with Oprah Winfrey for an episode of Apple TV+'s
The Oprah Conversation
, to air in full on Friday. In a clip shared with E! News , the...
Prince Albert Takes Issue
With Prince Harry's Interview
Mar 26, 2021 1:45 AM CDT
Prince Albert Takes Issue With Prince Harry's Interview
But the Monaco royal wishes Harry the best
- While Prince Albert II of Monaco can empathize with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, that doesn't mean he agrees with their decision to air their grievances to Oprah. While he knows the pressures they likely experienced, "this type of public display of dissatisfaction, to say the least, these...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
6 Teens Guilty for Role in Teacher's Beheading
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
Tomato Mysteriously Lost in Space Turns Up 8 Months Later
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
Evert Reveals 'Diagnosis I Never Wanted to Hear'
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.