Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Feb 6, 2023 7:41 AM CST
Chris Brown Didn't Take His Grammy Loss Well
Singer posts profanity-filled rant online against Robert Glasper, who beat him for R&B album
- The Grammys saw big wins for Harry Styles, Lizzo, Viola Davis , and Beyonce , but one name didn't bring home a gramophone trophy, and he wasn't happy about it. Page Six reports on Robert Glasper's win in the best R&B album category for his
Black Radio III
Amid Chris Brown
Boos, Kelly Rowland
to 'Chill Out'
Nov 21, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Amid Chris Brown Boos, Kelly Rowland Tells Crowd to 'Chill Out'
She accepts AMA award for him, and some booed his name at ceremony
- When Chris Brown won the award for favorite male R&B artist at the American Music Awards on Sunday night, some audience members greeted his name with boos, reports
. But Kelly Rowland, there to accept the award on his behalf, wasn't having it. "Now Chris Brown...
It's a Baby Boy
May 19, 2022 3:50 PM CDT
It's a Baby Boy for Rihanna
She and A$AP Rocky have their first child
- A new celebrity baby has arrived.
reports that Rihanna, 34, and A$AP Rocky, 33, have had their first child together. The couple hasn't made an official announcement, but multiple outlets say Rihanna gave birth to a healthy baby boy last week in Los Angeles, per E! News . No...
Him of Rape
Jan 28, 2022 3:47 PM CST
Chris Brown Faces $20M Suit Accusing Him of Rape
Woman says she was drugged, assaulted on yacht at Sean Combs' property in Miami
- A $20 million lawsuit accuses Chris Brown of drugging and raping a woman on a yacht in Miami. The alleged attack took place on Dec. 30 while the yacht was docked at a property that the former Sean Combs owns, according to the court filing,
reports. The suit...
Woman in LA
Jun 23, 2021 12:46 AM CDT
Chris Brown Allegedly Slaps Woman in LA
Accuser says part of her hair weave fell out
- Chris Brown is once again accused of getting violent with a woman, and the Los Angeles Police Department has launched a probe into the incident. Per NBC News , it's being investigated as a battery. The accuser says that Brown hit her during an argument at his home in the...
Rapper's Surprise Release
Includes an Apology
Dec 19, 2020 1:02 PM CST
Rapper's Surprise Release Includes an Apology
He says sorry to singer Rihanna
- Eminem's surprise album, which was released Thursday night, includes a apology. In a track titled "Zeus," the Detroit rapper seeks to atone for a line from a decade-old song in which he endorsed singer Chris Brown's 2009 assault on his then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna. That song—which...
Goes After Accuser
Jan 24, 2019 3:53 PM CST
Chris Brown Goes After Accuser
His lawyer files defamation suit, criminal case
- Chris Brown is suing the woman who accused him of rape, resulting in his arrest in Paris Tuesday. He and the other two men arrested alongside him were released hours later with no charges filed , though sources tell TMZ the investigation is ongoing. Brown's Parisian lawyer filed a defamation...
Jan 22, 2019 7:04 PM CST
Chris Brown Released
No charges at this time after woman accused him of rape in Paris
- Chris Brown won't face any charges at this time in Paris after a woman accused the singer and two other men of rape, the local prosecutor's office tells CNN . All three men were arrested Tuesday, but have since been released, the BBC reports, citing French media. No charges...
Chris Brown Arrested
After Florida Concert
Jul 6, 2018 6:27 AM CDT
Chris Brown Arrested After Florida Concert
Singer was released on bail
- Singer Chris Brown's nationwide tour included an unusual pit stop: the Palm Beach County Jail. He was scheduled to perform a 7pm Thursday concert at West Palm Beach's Coral Sky Amphitheatre, and the AP reports that after he was finished he "walked off stage ... and into the...
'CEO of Purple Drank' Brought
Down by Own Instagram Page
Aug 21, 2017 5:59 PM CDT
'CEO of Purple Drank' Brought Down by Own Instagram Page
Law enforcement officials monitored Harrison Garcia's account
- The self-described “CEO of Purple Drank” will be operating out of a new office: federal prison. According to the
, a judge has sentenced Harrison Garcia, also known as “Cuban Harry” and “Muhammad_a_Lean,” to 30 years after the 27-year-old was found guilty of armed drug...
Chris Brown Describes
Night He Beat Rihanna
Aug 16, 2017 4:35 PM CDT
Chris Brown Describes Night He Beat Rihanna
'I felt like a f---ing monster'
- In a clip from Chris Brown's new documentary ,
Chris Brown: Welcome to My Life
, that is currently making headlines, the singer describes how his "fairytale" romance with Rihanna turned to a nightmare,
reports. After he lied to her about cheating on her in the early days...
Internet Loses It
After Chris Brown
Aug 8, 2017 12:30 PM CDT
Internet Loses It After Chris Brown Comments on Rihanna's Instagram
Most of her fans think he should stay away
- Rihanna is in Barbados for Carnival , and on Monday she posted a photo to Instagram of herself sporting blue hair and a bejeweled bikini for the occasion. One of the people who commented on said photo? Chris Brown. The comment, posted from his official Instagram account, was simply the "...
Chris Brown's Ex:
He Abused Me
Feb 21, 2017 4:36 PM CST
Chris Brown's Ex: He Abused Me
Judge orders Brown to stay away from Karrueche Tran
- A judge has ordered R&B singer Chris Brown to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after she accused him of physically abusing and threatening her, the AP reports. The Grammy winner was ordered to stay 100 yards away from Karrueche Tran and not attempt to contact her after she wrote...
Chris Brown's Accuser
Is Former Miss Cali Hopeful
Aug 31, 2016 10:33 AM CDT
Chris Brown's Accuser Is Former Miss Cali Hopeful
Baylee Curran tells her side, Brown staunchly denies
- The woman accusing Chris Brown of threatening her with a gun is one-time Miss California hopeful who shared her side of the story in a conversation with ET Online . Baylee Curran says the diamond-jewelry viewing that caused the night to spiral downward wasn't witnessed by Chris Brown. "When...
Aug 31, 2016 5:40 AM CDT
Chris Brown Arrested After 10-Hour Standoff With LAPD
Woman says he threatened her with a gun
- Chris Brown spent Tuesday in a standoff with the LAPD at his Tarzana home that ended with the singer being arrested, the
reports. He has since been released on $250,000 bail. It all started when, a woman claims, Brown pointed a gun at her and she tried...
Lots of People
Called Ali Racist
Jun 7, 2016 12:28 PM CDT
Lots of People Not Happy Piers Morgan Called Ali Racist
The backlash has been fierce
- Piers Morgan thinks Muhammad Ali was "the greatest superstar icon of my lifetime," but he also thinks the boxer was racist, at least early in his life. "Muhammad Ali said far more inflammatory/racist things about white people than Donald Trump ever has about Muslims. #fact," Morgan...
Jan 3, 2016 7:27 AM CST
Chris Brown Accused in New Assault
Woman claims singer hit her, stole her phone
- Las Vegas cops are currently looking for Chris Brown after a woman reported that the singer assaulted her for taking a picture of him, a claim Brown's rep quickly tells TMZ is "false" and "unequivocally untrue." In what the Las Vegas
reports is Brown's...
Is 'a Bit of
Oct 6, 2015 10:51 AM CDT
Rihanna: Rachel Dolezal Is 'a Bit of a Hero'
And more from her 'Vanity Fair' cover story
- What does Rihanna think about Rachel Dolezal, the white NAACP exec who portrayed herself as black? You may be surprised: "I think she was a bit of a hero, because she kind of flipped on society a little bit. Is it such a horrible thing that she pretended to...
Sep 24, 2015 9:44 AM CDT
Chris Brown Might Not Be Allowed Down Under
'You are not of the character that we expect,' says minister
- Chris Brown has had his fair share of travel troubles. In July, he was stranded in the Philippines for three days over a contract dispute. Before that, he was barred from entering both Canada and the UK . Now, Australia may follow the lead of its Commonwealth partners and refuse to...
Jul 24, 2015 9:32 AM CDT
Chris Brown Finally Leaves the Philippines
His stopover was extended 3 days over fraud complaint
- A Philippine official says a private plane carrying Chris Brown has taken off from Manila's airport after a legal complaint stranded the singer for three days. A civil aviation authority rep says the plane left around 9:30pm local time today en route to Hong Kong. Brown performed at...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Here's What People Are Saying After Biden's State of the Union
Elian Gonzalez Is Making Headlines Again
Romney Had It Out With George Santos at SOTU
After Tyre Nichols' Beating, a Pic Began Making the Rounds
As Quake Toll Surges, More Questions About 1999 Tax
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.