Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Ye Just Keeps on
Talking About Hitler
Dec 6, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Ye Just Keeps on Talking About Hitler
'Jewish people, forgive Hitler,' rapper says in interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes
- Kanye West's "unhinged" tour continues. After bringing white supremacist Nick Fuentes to meet with former President= Trump , followed by an appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' show in which West proclaimed "I like Hitler" and "I love Nazis," the 45-year-old rapper showed up in an...
Children's Museum Worker
Fired for Halloween Costume
Nov 2, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Children's Museum Worker Fired for Halloween Costume
Man who wandered downtown Madison, Wis., in Hitler outfit is said to have cognitive disabilities
- A Wisconsin man has lost his job at the Madison Children's Museum over his choice of Halloween costume. Per a Monday statement from the museum, the unidentified employee was spotted Saturday night wandering around the city's downtown "dressed and otherwise [portraying] himself as Hitler." Madison.com...
Sale of Hitler's Watch
Jul 30, 2022 7:22 AM CDT
Criticism Surrounds Sale of Hitler's Watch
An anonymous bidder paid $1.1M for it on Thursday
- It turns out there were two controversial auctions won by anonymous bidders on Thursday. The BBC reports that a watch thought to have belonged to Adolf Hitler has sold for $1.1 million, below its $2 million to $4 million estimate. Alexander Historical Auctions in Maryland described the gold Andreas...
Hitler Feared Getting Sick,
per Newly Revealed Letters
Jun 6, 2022 8:20 AM CDT
Hitler Feared Getting Sick, per Newly Revealed Letters
'If there is something bad, I absolutely have to know,' Nazi dictator said to doctor
- Screaming at Nazi rallies apparently does a number on your voice, and it seems to have spurred Adolf Hitler to see an ear, throat, and nose specialist for at least a decade. Now, details on letters written by that doctor about the World War II-era dictator have been released. Per...
May 5, 2022 1:40 PM CDT
Israel: Putin Apologized Over Hitler Comment
Russia's foreign minister said Hitler had 'Jewish blood'
Israel says Vladimir Putin has apologized for his foreign minister's controversial remarks about Hitler, reports the BBC . Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Putin apologized during a phone call for the comments made by Sergey Lavrov that Hitler had "Jewish blood," like Ukraine's leader. Bennett...
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan
Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Apr 25, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
Ukraine Apologizes to Japan Over Pic of WWII Emperor
Video tweeted out by Ukraine government account showed Hirohito's photo next to Hitler, Mussolini
- Ukraine has a brand-new word —"ruscism," roughly translated as "Russian fascism"—to describe what's happening now within its war-torn borders. But its thoughts on defeating fascism went a little awry over the weekend, after a government account tweeted a video that compared Japan's...
Tenn. Lawmaker Cites Hitler
as Example for the Homeless
Apr 15, 2022 7:58 AM CDT
Tenn. Lawmaker Cites Hitler as Example for the Homeless
Frank Niceley: After living on streets, Hitler 'went on to lead life that got him in the history books'
- A Republican lawmaker in Tennessee stunned his colleagues Wednesday when he shared the story of a homeless man who turned his life around—Adolf Hitler. During a debate on a bill banning homeless encampments on public property, State Sen. Frank Niceley told lawmakers he "wanted to give a little...
After Twice Praising Hitler,
an Apology From Peru's PM
Apr 8, 2022 8:21 AM CDT
After Twice Praising Hitler, an Apology From Peru's PM
Anibal Torres' comment comes amid a political crisis
- Peru's prime minster has apologized for his praise of Adolf Hitler—the latest blow to a government already facing a political crisis over soaring inflation and corruption allegations. Anibal Torres, 79, had been speaking in a cabinet session in the Junín capital of Huancayo, the site of ongoing...
New Book Examines Hitler's
Nov 19, 2021 5:30 PM CST
New Book Examines Hitler's Fatal Miscalculation
Declaring war on US wasn't just madness, authors say
- The fates of nations could have gone in various directions in early December 1941. Japan might have attacked British installations in Asia instead of Pearl Harbor. Italy and the Vichy government of France could have followed through on negotiations to form a close alliance. And Adolf Hitler might have avoided...
Amazon Changes Logo
That 'Looked Like Hitler'
Mar 4, 2021 7:11 AM CST
Amazon Changes Logo That 'Looked Like Hitler'
'Looks like a happy little cardboard Adolf to me'
- Amazon changed its app logo earlier this year—then changed it again following complaints that it looked too much like Adolf Hitler. The logo that replaced the old image of a shopping trolley showed ripped blue tape over Amazon's smile logo, which reminded some users of Hitler's toothbrush...
'Hitler Was Right on One
Thing,' Lawmaker Says
Jan 8, 2021 2:00 AM CST
'Hitler Was Right on One Thing,' Lawmaker Says
Illinois congresswoman now faces calls to resign
- There's no way any sentence that begins with "Hitler was right on one thing" can possibly end well. A newly elected Illinois congresswoman is currently discovering that fact firsthand. Rep. Mary Miller, a Republican, can be heard on video taken at a "Moms for America" rally held...
Elected in Landslide
Dec 3, 2020 12:21 PM CST
'Adolf Hitler' Elected in Landslide
Namibian councilman has no plans for world domination
- The people of Oshana, Namibia, have spoken, electing a regional councilman by the name of Adolf Hitler. His full name is Adolf Hitler Uunona—he's named in election materials as Adolf H. Uunona—and like his namesake, he's no stranger to politics, having served as a councilman for...
State Police Boss Is Out After
Expose by Young Journalists
Nov 3, 2020 2:17 PM CST
State Police Boss Is Out After Expose by Young Journalists
High school publication reported slideshow quoted Adolf Hitler urging violence
- Rodney Brewer is resigning as commissioner of the Kentucky State Police, days after Louisville high school journalism students reported previously used training materials had quoted Adolf Hitler recommending the "perpetually constant" use of violence. Brewer, who was named to the position in January by the governor, will be gone...
High School Paper Outs
Secret of State Police
Oct 31, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
High School Paper Outs Secret of State Police
Kentucky police used Hitler quotes in training new officers
- A high school newspaper in Kentucky reports that state police have relied on quotes from Adolf Hitler's
in training new officers, per the Daily Beast . According to the
—the student paper at duPont Manual High School in Louisville—Kentucky State Police have used a...
Bar From Hitler's Yacht Spent
69 Years in a Maryland Barn
Oct 19, 2020 3:44 PM CDT
Bar From Hitler's Yacht Spent 69 Years in a Maryland Barn
'Fantastic relic' is now being auctioned off
- The bar from a yacht that Adolf Hitler planned to sail down the Thames to celebrate his conquest of Britain is being auctioned off after spending almost 70 years in a Maryland barn. After the war the globe-shaped bar from the
, which can be seen at Alexander Historic...
to Keep the
Sep 23, 2020 5:10 PM CDT
Town Votes on Whether to Keep the Name of 'Swastika'
A visiting cyclist called it 'profoundly ... disrespectful'
- Officials had a big decision to make: keep the name of Swastika, NY, or change it? The issue arose after a New Yorker spotted the town while cycling and urged them to find a name that didn't evoke the Nazi invasion of Europe, World War II, and the Holocaust,...
Hitler's Birthplace to Get
'Downright Most Suitable Use'
Jun 2, 2020 11:10 AM CDT
Hitler's Birthplace to Get 'Downright Most Suitable Use'
Austrian cops to move in after $5.6M refurbishment
- Austrian authorities have presented the winning plan to redesign the house where Adolf Hitler was born in 1889: They will turn it into a police station and try to make it unattractive as a pilgrimage site for people who glorify the Nazi dictator. A design by Austrian architects Marte.Marte...
RIP, Hitler's Alligator
May 24, 2020 7:03 AM CDT
RIP, Hitler's Alligator
Saturn was 84, lived at the Moscow Zoo
- An alligator that many people believe once belonged to Adolf Hitler has died in the Moscow Zoo, reports the AP . The zoo said the alligator, named Saturn, was about 84 years old when he died on Friday. According to the zoo, Saturn was born in the United States and later...
Amazon UK Finally Drops Hitler
Mar 17, 2020 6:40 PM CDT
Amazon UK Finally Drops Hitler
'Mein Kampf' is still sold on the US site
- Amazon UK has told vendors that books of Nazi propaganda, including Adolf Hitler's 1925 manifesto and children's publications designed to instill anti-Semitism, will no longer be sold through the site. Jewish groups and Holocaust education organizations have asked Amazon to remove the books since the late 1990s, the...
Praising Hitler Ends Badly
for Football Coach
Jan 28, 2020 1:09 PM CST
Praising Hitler Ends Badly for Football Coach
Grand Valley State suspends Morris Berger after he lauds Der Fuhrer's leadership skills
- "The way he was able to lead was second-to-none," a college football coach in Michigan said of Hitler. Now, his new job is in jeopardy. Days after he was announced as the offensive coordinator for the Grand Valley State Lakers Division II football team, Morris Berger was interviewed...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Final Autopsy Results Released
Polygamous Leader Had 'Wives' as Young as 9: FBI
Raphael Warnock Wins Georgia Runoff Election
Iranian Patrol Boat Tries to Temporarily Blind US Navy Ships
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.