Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
This Nation to Make Condoms
Free for Anyone 25 and Under
Dec 10, 2022 9:30 AM CST
This Nation to Make Condoms Free for Anyone 25 and Under
They'll be available to young people, even minors, in pharmacies across France starting Jan. 1
- Young people of France, rejoice—you're about to start the new year with free condoms. President Emmanuel Macron has announced that, starting Jan. 1, anyone up to and including 25 years of age will be able to find the rubber contraceptive device at no charge in pharmacies across the...
Border Patrol Found More Than
Pulp Inside These Pumpkins
Oct 15, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Border Patrol Found More Than Pulp Inside These Pumpkins
Officials discovered $400K worth of meth in gourds arriving from Mexico
- Last week, more than $300,000 worth of methamphetamine was uncovered at Texas' Eagle Pass Port of Entry, across from Piedras Negras in Mexico. This week, drug smugglers got a little more creative with their meth stash: cramming it into four condom-filled pumpkins, reports NBC News . A release from Customs...
Not Wearing a Condom Could
Be Sexual Assault, Court Rules
Jul 30, 2022 3:15 PM CDT
Not Wearing a Condom Could Be Sexual Assault, Court Rules
Ignoring a partner's request could bring a criminal conviction, Canadian ruling says
- Refusing to wear a condom during sex after being asked to by a partner could be a crime, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled. In a unanimous decision, the court said pretending to use a condom or taking one off before sex without the partner's consent, sometimes called stealthing,...
Refuses to Sell Condoms
Jul 22, 2022 9:21 AM CDT
Walgreens Worker Refuses to Sell Condoms
Minnesota man says his wife was told it was because of employee's faith
- A Minnesota man says his wife had a strange—and embarrassing—experience at a Walgreens earlier this month when she tried to buy condoms because she had left her birth control pills at home. Nathan Pentz tweeted that when his wife, Jess, was at the checkout of the Hayward store,...
First State Bans
'Stealthing' During Sex
Oct 8, 2021 1:35 AM CDT
First State Bans 'Stealthing' During Sex
Legislation classifies nonconsensual removal of condom as sexual battery
California on Thursday became the first state to prohibit "stealthing," the nonconsensual removal of a condom during sex, when Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill into law that defines the act as sexual battery, the AP reports.
Our original story from Feb. 9, 2021, follows:
to Receive 160K
Jun 18, 2021 11:47 AM CDT
Olympic Athletes to Receive 160K Condoms. There's One Problem
Games organizers forbid sex in Olympic Village amid pandemic, tell athletes to bring condoms home
- If Olympic athletes preparing to descend on Tokyo for the delayed 2020 Games were thinking of getting some side action while they're there (i.e., having sex), they'll have to rethink those plans. Per the
, the International Olympic Committee has laid down the law for those staying...
Sep 25, 2020 3:15 AM CDT
Condom Recycling Factory Busted
They were washed, reshaped, and resold
- Police in Vietnam have busted a factory that took recycling one step too far. Some 345,000 used condoms were seized from the factory near Ho Chi Minh city, where they had been boiled, reshaped with a wooden phallus, and packaged for resale, Reuters reports. According to state media, the...
Coronavirus's Effect on Sexual
Health Could Last for 'Years'
May 26, 2020 9:35 AM CDT
Coronavirus's Effect on Sexual Health Could Last for 'Years'
Experts worry people aren't being tested for STDs
- Health experts in Canada are warning about the threat of sexually transmitted infections, which might be overlooked amid the coronavirus pandemic. Syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea infections have been on the rise globally for the last decade, per the CBC . Politico reports nine of the 10 Canadian provinces had declared STI...
World Faces 'Scary'
Mar 29, 2020 3:10 PM CDT
World Faces 'Scary' Condom Shortage
One of the top manufacturers shut down due to the coronavirus
- With millions homebound during the pandemic, we don't exactly need a condom shortage—and yet it's a real risk, the
reports. That's because Malaysia-based Karex Bhd, the world's biggest condom maker, had to shut its three factories for a week due to a government-imposed lockdown....
Governor Not OK With
State's Utah-Themed Condoms
Jan 16, 2020 9:20 AM CST
Governor Not OK With State's Utah-Themed Condoms
Gary Herbert cancels distribution of condoms in packaging with 'sexual innuendo'
- As part of its awareness-raising HIVandMe campaign , the state of Utah offers prevention and treatment resources, a clinic finder—and, to the governor's irritation, provocatively packaged prophylactics that have now been canceled. Per the
Salt Lake Tribune
, Gov. Gary Herbert has nixed the distribution of a stockpile of 100,...
Apr 1, 2018 10:52 AM CDT
Teen 'Condom Challenge' Is Risky, Parents Warned
Even YouTube is pulling their videos
- A teenager stuffs a condom up her nose and pulls it out her mouth, all on video to garner online attention. What could go wrong? That's what media outlets are asking after educators in San Antonio, Texas, visited schools to warn parents about the "Condom Snorting Challenge,"...
It Turns Out Condom Size
Has Kind of Been All Wrong
Oct 22, 2017 8:08 AM CDT
It Turns Out Condom Size Has Kind of Been All Wrong
The idea was to make them long enough for almost everyone, and men could roll the excess
- Consider these two numbers: 5.57 inches and 6.69. The first is the average erect penile length, according to a study of 1,661 American men . The latter is the minimum length that standard condoms have been required to be. If that seems like a disconnect, well, it is,...
Catholic Doc Claims He Can
Reverse Early Abortions
Jul 17, 2017 10:44 AM CDT
Catholic Doc Claims He Can Reverse Early Abortions
George Delgado is 'experimenting on women' with controversial procedure, detractors say
- Several US states, including Georgia, Utah, and Idaho, have enacted laws or are considering bills allowing for "abortion reversals." Per the concept driven by California doctor George Delgado, if a woman takes only the first of two pills in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy and regrets her...
The Best and Worst
Birth Control Methods
May 11, 2017 5:19 PM CDT
The Best and Worst Birth Control Methods
Don't rely on spermicide: 24/7 Wall St.
- The pill is the most common form of birth control in the US—but it's far from the most effective. With a 9% failure rate, the pill finds itself at the No. 6 spot on 24/7 Wall St. 's list of the most effective methods, based on CDC...
Cops: Brothel's Effort to Hide
Condoms Fails Miserably
Apr 12, 2017 9:09 AM CDT
Cops: Brothel's Effort to Hide Condoms Fails Miserably
Hundreds clogged sewer pipe by massage parlor in Austin, say police
- Neighbors of Jade Massage Therapy in Austin, Texas, had their suspicions about the place, but it was a property manager's unusual find that helped bring about prostitution charges—a broken pipe linking the business to the sewer had been clogged by hundreds of used condoms, reports MySanAntonio . "It'...
Condoms an Integral Part of
the Process at Cuba Winery
Apr 3, 2017 4:20 PM CDT
Condoms an Integral Part of the Process at Cuba Winery
They cover jars, inflate as wine ages
- The sweet smell of fermenting fruit fills the streets around the modest Havana home where Orestes Estevez and his family fill glass jugs with grapes, ginger, and hibiscus, then slip a condom over each glass neck to start the unusual process of winemaking in a land famed for rum. From...
Tracks Nitty Gritty
of Your Sex Life
Mar 4, 2017 6:17 PM CST
'Smart Condom' Tracks Nitty Gritty of Your Sex Life
Penis ring tracks performance details for download
- Sexting may be about to rise to a whole new level with the introduction of what is being billed as the first "smart condom." The i.Con—think of it as a FitBit for the penis, per the
—tracks the particulars of each sexual encounter and...
Why Cubans Fish
Nov 16, 2016 11:12 AM CST
Why Cubans Fish With Condoms
The inventive practice makes use of limited resources
- Juan Luis Rosello sat for three hours on Havana's Malecon esplanade as the wind blew in from the Florida Straits, pushing the waves hard against the seawall of Havana's coastal boulevard. As darkness settled and the wind switched direction, Rosello pulled four condoms from a satchel and began...
Why Sweden Wants to
Send a Condom Into Space
Oct 3, 2016 8:03 AM CDT
Why Sweden Wants to Send a Condom Into Space
Best invention ever?
- Sweden wants everyone talking about contraceptives. So in a voice-over video message to NASA, the Swedish Association for Sexuality Education (RFSU) points out that the US has a long history of sending objects into outer space, and then proposes that NASA get to work on launching, well, a condom. The...
New Condom Shatters
Aug 22, 2016 11:50 AM CDT
New Condom Shatters Crowdfunding Goal
Swedish company calls HEX 'first major condom innovation in 70 years'
- What would a condom that successfully imparted "a new feeling of intimacy and comfort never felt in condoms before" be worth? Seven figures, apparently. The Swedish company LELO, which has enjoyed a pleasurable ride selling millions of award-winning sex toys worldwide, recently announced that it has managed to raise...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Missing Toddler Found in Woods With 2 Furry Protectors
Dallas Mayor Switches Parties
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
Democratic Senator Indicted on Bribery Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.