Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
University of Nebraska
Nebraska Volleyball Game
Sets World Attendance Record
Aug 31, 2023 4:29 AM CDT
Nebraska Volleyball Game Sets World Attendance Record
92,003 filled Memorial Stadium to set new record for women's event
- The University of Nebraska laid claim to the world record for largest attendance at a women's sporting event with 92,003 filling Memorial Stadium in Lincoln on Wednesday night for the Cornhuskers' volleyball match against Omaha. The university took aim at the record last spring when it announced it...
Nebraska's Mascot Loses
Hand Gesture Used Since 1974
Jan 30, 2022 6:57 AM CST
Nebraska's Mascot Loses Hand Gesture Used Since 1974
In recent years, the 'ok' sign has been read by some as a white power reference
- The hand gesture that the University of Nebraska's mascot has been making since 1974 has been changed after that gesture took on new meaning about five years ago. For decades the Herbie Husker mascot formed an "OK" hand gesture by placing his thumb and forefinger together to form...
In Salute to Fallen Punter,
Nebraska Lines Up With 10 Men
Sep 4, 2016 9:23 AM CDT
In Salute to Fallen Punter, Nebraska Lines Up With 10 Men
Team mourns Sam Foltz, who died in car crash
- The Nebraska Cornhuskers lost punter Sam Foltz in a car accident in July, and the football team paid him tribute in its first game of the season on Saturday: After their first drive ended with a fourth and four, the team lined up solemnly in punt formation with just 10...
Death of Punter in Crash
Jul 24, 2016 3:55 PM CDT
Cornhuskers Mourn Death of Punter in Crash
A former Michigan punter also died
- The University of Nebraska community and Husker football fans are mourning the loss of punter Sam Foltz, who died Saturday night in a single-car crash. "All of the University of Nebraska is heartbroken. I don't know what else to say," Ronnie Green, chancellor of the university's...
That De-Ices Itself
Jan 26, 2016 6:45 PM CST
Researchers Make Electric Concrete That De-Ices Itself
Time to put away the shovels and ice
- Get ready for some electrifying concrete news. No, seriously. UPI reports researchers at the University of Nebraska are developing conductive concrete that uses electricity to keep itself free of snow and ice during even the worst winter storms. Sounds like something the East Coast could've used this week. The...
Cops: Lesbian Staged
High-Profile Hate Crime
Aug 22, 2012 2:00 AM CDT
Cops: Lesbian Staged High-Profile Hate Crime
Former U of Nebraska basketball star charged with lying to police
- A former University of Nebraska women's basketball star who claimed to be the victim of an anti-gay attack appears to have staged the attack herself out of a desire to spark social change, police say. Charlie Rogers, who told police last month that three men had entered her house,...
Your Major Is Hard?
Pay More Tuition
Apr 25, 2012 6:04 PM CDT
Your Major Is Hard? Pay More Tuition
Math, science, and business students face price hikes
- The tougher your major in college is, the more tuition you could have to fork over. More and more public universities are billing a higher tuition to students who major in math, business, and science programs. The schools' rationale is that it's more expensive to teach these specialties, and...
Planned Ayers Talk a No-Go at U. Nebraska
Oct 20, 2008 9:00 AM CDT
Planned Ayers Talk a No-Go at U. Nebraska
School rescinds Nov. 15 invite under fire from donors, pols
- Though the invitation went out months ago, recent protests from politicians, donors and the online community led the University of Nebraska to pull a speaking invitation to William Ayers, the former radical agitator and current Chicago academic who’s become a talking point in John McCain’s criticisms of Barack...
Popular on Newser
One of America's Best-Paid CEOs Abruptly Steps Down
Missing Toddler Found in Woods With 2 Furry Protectors
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
Dallas Mayor Switches Parties
Democratic Senator Indicted on Bribery Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.