Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Suit Alleges Ye Had Some
Out-There Building Demands
Sep 13, 2023 1:51 PM CDT
Suit Alleges Ye Had Some Out-There Building Demands
He's being sued by Tony Saxon over alleged labor violations
- "You can't keep food in that house, because you had no refrigerator left. You had no windows. I had sea gulls flying in." If those sound like the concerns of an exasperated homeowner, you'd be wrong. They're the complaints of the "jack of all...
Jul 31, 2023 11:29 AM CDT
Adidas Is Unloading More Yeezys
Sales will again benefit various organizations fighting racism and antisemitism
- Adidas is still sitting on a pile of Yeezys, and it's looking to clear them out in the wake of the potentially financially disastrous breakup in October with Kanye West, now Ye, over his antisemitic statements. As CNN reports, the second wave of post-Ye stock is set to go...
Twitter Suspension Is Over
Jul 30, 2023 8:45 AM CDT
Kanye West's Twitter Suspension Is Over
The rapper has yet to post anything new though
- Nearly eight months after last being banned from Twitter-now-X, Kanye West's account is back. The BBC reports the rapper's account still shows a most recent post of Dec. 1, 2022. Ye was suspended the following day after a series of tweets including one depicting a Star of David...
Adidas Is Selling Off
Its Yeezy Shoes
Jun 2, 2023 1:26 PM CDT
Adidas Is Selling Off Its Yeezy Shoes
Sportswear giant cut ties with the music mogul over his anti-Semitic remarks
- In the wake of the severed relationship between Adidas and Ye (formerly known as Kanye West), the sportswear giant has begun selling off its remaining Yeezy merchandise. The AP reports that Yeezy shoes, which Ye co-designed, are being sold for now only through Adidas' Confirmed app. The move comes months...
Adidas Has a Plan for
$1.3B in Yeezy Inventory
May 12, 2023 6:32 AM CDT
Adidas Has a Plan for $1.3B in Yeezy Inventory
Company will sell shoes, donate proceeds to charities
- Adidas is trying to move beyond its former partnership with Kanye West, now known as Ye—and it has come up with a plan for the mountains of Yeezy shoes piled up in its warehouses. The German company said Thursday that it plans to sell some of the inventory and...
Ye's Yeezy Brand
Gets Adidas Sued
May 1, 2023 1:30 AM CDT
Ye's Yeezy Brand Gets Adidas Sued
Shareholders claim sportswear company ignored risks of partnership with rapper
- Investors unhappy with how the Adidas-Ye partnership played out are suing the sportswear company. They say Adidas had known how risky its deal with the rapper formerly known as Kanye West could be—years before it ultimately cut ties with Ye—and yet didn't take precautions to limit its...
Lawsuit: Kanye West Academy
Only Fed Students Sushi
Apr 7, 2023 3:15 PM CDT
Lawsuit: Kanye West Academy Only Fed Students Sushi
Former teachers say bullying was rife at rapper's 'chaotic' Donda Academy
- Life at Kanye West's Donda Academy was as weird as the words "Kanye West" would lead you to expect, according to a lawsuit from a mother and daughter who say they were fired as teachers at the private Christian academy after reporting numerous violations of safety and educational...
Ye Is Off
the Billionaires List
Apr 7, 2023 1:00 AM CDT
Ye Is Off the Billionaires List
And Elon Musk drops from No. 1 to No. 2
- Ye, the artist formerly known as Kanye West, is a billionaire no longer. He was on the Forbes' billionaires list last year with an estimated net worth of $2 billion, but after Adidas terminated its partnership with the controversial rapper, his net worth dropped to an estimated $400 million, CBS...
Adidas' 'Big Success'
Is Now a 'Big Nightmare'
in case you missed it
Mar 12, 2023 7:15 AM CDT
Adidas' 'Big Success' Is Now a 'Big Nightmare'
Company not sure what to do with $1.3B in Yeezy sneakers, though it's mulling 'something good'
- Adidas has about $1.3 billion worth of Yeezy sneakers idling in warehouses worldwide, the result of its split with Kanye West after a series of offensive remarks and actions by the rapper. Now the company is struggling to figure out what to do with the excess inventory in 2023,...
Aims to Build
Mar 10, 2023 12:30 PM CST
Elon Musk Aims to Build 'Texas Utopia'
'Wall Street Journal' has the scoop on emerging 'town' on farmland near Austin
- Elon Musk's next big move: Building a company town, apparently. The
Wall Street Journal
reports that Musk or related entities have bought up to 6,000 acres of farmland outside the Texas capital of Austin. The goal has a Musk-like sound to it:
"In meetings with landowners and
Numbers on Adidas' Yeezy
Loss Look to Be Huge
Feb 10, 2023 10:16 AM CST
Numbers on Adidas' Yeezy Loss Look to Be Huge
Company says if it can't 'repurpose,' sell existing inventory, it could lose $1.3B in revenue this year
- Adidas knew it was going to take a big hit when it cut ties last fall with "one of the most successful collaborations in our industry's history": its relationship with Kanye West and his Yeezy brand of footwear and clothing, after the rapper made antisemitic remarks and exhibited...
Be Barred From
Meeting the In-Laws
Jan 25, 2023 5:59 AM CST
Kanye Could Be Barred From Meeting the In-Laws
Jewish groups want him denied entry to Australia over antisemitic comments
- Kanye West is reportedly preparing to meet his new in-laws in Australia, though a cabinet minister says there's a good chance he could be barred from entering the country. "I don't know if he's applied for a visa yet—but Google it, you will see that...
Report: Kanye West
Kind of Got Married Again
Jan 13, 2023 11:24 AM CST
Report: Kanye West Kind of Got Married Again
TMZ says Ye wed architectural designer Bianca Censori in private ceremony, though no papers are filed
- Two months after finalizing his divorce from Kim Kardashian, Kanye West is reportedly a married man again. The artist now known as Ye recently married Bianca Censori in a private ceremony, TMZ reports, though it adds the couple doesn't appear to have filed a marriage certificate to make the...
Survey on Antisemitism in
the US Is 'Stunning, Sobering'
Jan 13, 2023 10:42 AM CST
Survey on Antisemitism in the US Is 'Stunning, Sobering'
Anti-Defamation League sees a spike in antisemitic beliefs
- Amid a spike in antisemitic crime in the US and anti-Jewish comments from the likes of Kanye West , the Anti-Defamation League decided to take the nation's temperature on the topic. One of the takeaways: The ADL survey suggests antisemitic beliefs have risen significantly in just three years, reports NPR...
We Stared at the Worm:
Pop Culture Moments in 2022
Dec 31, 2022 2:40 PM CST
We Stared at the Worm: Pop Culture Moments in 2022
A 12-month look back at what got us buzzing
- Taylor Swift was up. Elon Musk was in, out, in, and maybe out again. Tom Cruise was back. Serena Williams stepped aside, and Tom Brady too—oops, scratch that. But the slap? The slap was everywhere. OK, so maybe it wasn’t on the level of a moon landing, or...
Kim Kardashian Talks About
Co-Parenting With Kanye
Dec 27, 2022 6:10 AM CST
Kim Kardashian Talks About Co-Parenting With Kanye
'It's really (expletive) hard'
- Kim Kardashian broke down in tears on a podcast discussing not so much the challenges of co-parenting—but of co-parenting with Kanye West. "It's really f---ing hard," she said on the Angel Martinez IRL podcast, per CNN . Kardashian and West, now known as Ye, finalized their divorce...
Central Park Attacker Hits
Jewish Man, Yells 'Kanye 2024'
Dec 18, 2022 6:09 AM CST
Central Park Attacker Hits Jewish Man, Yells 'Kanye 2024'
Suspect at large, 63-year-old victim in Central Park is recuperating
- Critics are blaming Kanye West's recent string of antisemitic remarks for an attack in New York's Central Park. The NYPD says an assailant attacked a 63-year-old Jewish man in the park while yelling "Kanye 2024" and Jewish slurs, reports CNN . The suspect is at large, and the...
Ye Just Keeps on
Talking About Hitler
Dec 6, 2022 9:35 AM CST
Ye Just Keeps on Talking About Hitler
'Jewish people, forgive Hitler,' rapper says in interview with Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes
- Kanye West's "unhinged" tour continues. After bringing white supremacist Nick Fuentes to meet with former President= Trump , followed by an appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' show in which West proclaimed "I like Hitler" and "I love Nazis," the 45-year-old rapper showed up in an...
Skewers Herschel Walker
in Cold Open
Dec 4, 2022 9:01 AM CST
Skewers Herschel Walker in Cold Open
Kenan Thompson portrays the Georgia candidate
isn't easing up on Herschel Walker in the final days ahead of his Georgia Senate runoff. The cold open of
Saturday Night Live
featured Kenan Thompson as Walker strategizing with Republican Sens. Mitch McConnell (James Austin Johnson), John Cornyn (Mikey Day), and Sen. Marsha Blackburn (Cecily Strong), per...
In 'Unhinged' Interview,
Kanye Says 'I Love Nazis'
Dec 2, 2022 12:33 AM CST
In 'Unhinged' Interview, Kanye Says 'I Love Nazis'
Rapper's Infowars interview widely condemned
- Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, is being widely condemned after an Infowars interview in which he told Alex Jones, among other things, "I like Hitler." After he added, "I love Jewish people, but I also love Nazis," Jones laughed before saying he "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.