Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Says He Didn't Know
White Nationalist He Dined With
Nov 26, 2022 7:27 AM CST
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Nick Fuentes was a guest of Kanye West
- Donald Trump has acknowledged dining with a notorious white nationalist and Holocaust denier at Mar-a-Lago—but he says Nick Fuentes was a guest of Kanye West and he didn't know who he was. "This past week, Kanye West called me to have dinner at Mar-a-Lago," Trump said...
Against Kanye West
Nov 25, 2022 5:05 AM CST
Adidas Investigating Big Allegations Against Kanye West
Former employees allege bullying, mind games, vulgarity
- Adidas tolerated a lot of disturbing and deeply inappropriate behavior from Kanye West before it decided to cut its ties with him over his antisemitic remarks, according to former employees. The company says it is investigating allegations that employees involved with West's Yeezy line of sneakers endured "years...
Trump Hasn't Tweeted Yet,
but Kanye West Has
Nov 21, 2022 8:56 AM CST
Trump Hasn't Tweeted Yet, but Kanye West Has
After October removal for anti-Semitic tweets he posts 'Shalom :)'
- Ye, or Kanye West as he was formally known, was restricted from Twitter in October after posting a slew of anti-Semitic remarks. He tweeted a flurry of messages around Nov. 3 and 4 (including one that said he was taking a verbal fast for a month), then nothing until Sunday,...
Advice for Kanye
Nov 13, 2022 6:12 AM CST
, Chappelle Has Some Advice for Kanye
But comedian doesn't directly address his own controversy
- Dave Chappelle hosted
Saturday Night Live
, and his critics who boycotted the show may be interested to learn he made no trans jokes . In his monologue, however, the comedian did have plenty to say about the controversy swirling around Ye —formerly Kanye West—and NBA star Kyrie Irving over...
Late-Night Hosts Couldn't
Resist Poking at Ye
Oct 28, 2022 9:48 AM CDT
Late-Night Hosts Couldn't Resist Poking at Ye
Late-night hosts pick fun at 'desperate' Kanye West, Elon Musk's sink
- Late-night hosts had a field day with Kanye West and Elon Musk Thursday night, with Stephen Colbert announcing West wasn’t just restricted from social media platforms but was now banned from
The Late Show
. "I had to do it now because I was afraid that he would just...
West's Donda Academy
Abruptly Shuts Down
Oct 27, 2022 8:51 AM CDT
West's Donda Academy Abruptly Shuts Down
Move was 'at the discretion of our Founder,' principal told parents
- Kanye West's educational venture appears to have collapsed alongside his business ventures amid fallout from his antisemitic rants . The
of London reports that the principal of Donda Academy told parents in an email Wednesday that "at the discretion of our Founder, Donda Academy will close for the...
Executives Escort Kanye West
Out of Skechers' LA Office
Oct 26, 2022 7:20 PM CDT
Executives Escort Kanye West Out of Skechers' LA Office
Embattled rapper wasn't invited, company says
- Kanye West wasn't invited to a Los Angeles corporate office of Skechers on Wednesday, and it appears he wasn't welcome. The rapper's unannounced visit happened a day after a competitor, Adidas, ended its business partnership with him; West has faced widespread denunciation for making a series of...
Hit With Attacks After
Ye Rejects Invitation
Oct 26, 2022 2:01 AM CDT
Holocaust Museum Hit With Attacks After Ye Rejects Invitation
Los Angeles museum had invited him for a tour after his anti-Semitic remarks
- After the anti-Semitic remarks made by the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, the Holocaust Museum of Los Angeles invited Ye for a private tour. Since doing so, the museum says it has received a deluge of anti-Semitic messages, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. As for Ye, he revealed on...
: Kanye West Is
No Longer a Billionaire
Oct 25, 2022 7:58 PM CDT
: Kanye West Is No Longer a Billionaire
End of Adidas deal 'was the final nail in Ye’s net-worth coffin'
- Kanye West has repeatedly disputed his position on
' list of billionaires but the magazine says that will no longer be an issue—because he's no longer a billionaire. Adidas ended its relationship with the rapper Tuesday in a move that
says "was the final nail in...
Oct 25, 2022 6:18 AM CDT
Adidas Has Made Its Decision on Kanye
It's a no on Ye: Company cuts ties after series of antisemitic remarks
- It's been weeks since Adidas first mentioned it was mulling its partnership with Kanye West, who's been under fire after sporting a "White Lives Matter" shirt at Paris Fashion Week, followed by a string of antisemitic comments. Now, the mulling is over: Bloomberg reported early Tuesday that...
West Faces More Losses
Oct 24, 2022 7:20 PM CDT
West Faces More Losses
Agency drops rapper, and studio shelves documentary
- Kanye West's series of anti-Semitic comments is costing him profitable corporate deals while inspiring public displays of hate speech by others. The backlash among his business partners is not universal, though: Adidas said weeks ago it's reconsidering its relationship with the rapper but hasn't said anything since,...
George Floyd's Family
Plans to Sue Ye for $250M
Oct 18, 2022 8:06 PM CDT
George Floyd's Family Plans to Sue Ye for $250M
He 'maliciously made statements that are inaccurate and unfounded,' attorneys say
: George Floyd's family is planning to sue Kanye West for $250 million over his claims that Floyd died from a fentanyl overdose. Roxie Washington, the mother of Floyd's daughter, plans to file the suit on the girl's behalf,
reports. A statement from attorneys said...
Oct 17, 2022 6:52 AM CDT
Kanye Is Buying Parler Platform
Entertainer calls it a move to make sure 'conservative opinions' are heard
- Social media platforms keep banning Kanye West, so now he plans to buy his own. The entertainer now known as Ye has struck a deal to buy Parler, which is seen as a sort-of right-wing Twitter, reports Axios . "In a world where conservative opinions are considered to be controversial...
Cuts Ties With Kanye West
Oct 14, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
JPMorgan Chase Cuts Ties With Kanye West
But the break was planned before anti-Semitic diatribes
- Candace Owens, the controversial conservative commentator who appeared alongside Kanye West wearing a "White Lives Matter" shirt at Paris Fashion Week, on Wednesday night posted a letter from JPMorgan Chase to the rapper announcing that the bank was cutting ties with West's company, Yeezy Inc. However, as TMZ...
Kanye West Partnership
Oct 12, 2022 5:36 PM CDT
Adidas Reconsiders Kanye West Partnership
After outbursts, company questions 'mutual respect and shared values'
- Under pressure over inflammatory and offensive remarks and actions by Kanye West—including wearing a "White Lives Matter" T-shirt at a fashion show—Adidas announced last week that it's rethinking their profitable arrangement and added an ominous postscript. "The Adidas-Yeezy partnership is one of the most successful...
Ye Returns to Twitter,
Oct 10, 2022 3:15 AM CDT
Ye Returns to Twitter, Immediately Gets Himself Suspended
Rapper violated social network's policies, company says
- After Kanye West's Instagram account was suspended Friday for antisemitic content, the rapper took his rants to Twitter. On Sunday, Twitter announced that it, too, had locked the rapper's account . Ye, as the rapper is now legally known, had been away from Twitter for almost two years when...
Oct 8, 2022 3:55 PM CDT
Instagram Restricts Kanye West's Account
American Jewish Committee calls post anti-Semitic
- Instagram has placed restrictions on Kanye West's account in response to posts criticized as anti-Semitic. A spokesperson for Meta, Instagram's parent company, told the
that the platform also has deleted some content posted on the @kanyewest account. Instagram said the restrictions were imposed for violations of...
on Fox Was
a Wild One
Oct 7, 2022 9:04 AM CDT
Kanye's Interview on Fox Was a Wild One
Rapper talks with Tucker Carlson on controversial 'White Lives Matter' shirt, the media, Kim K
- Kanye West is back in headlines this week, after making an appearance at Paris Fashion Week sporting a "White Lives Matter" shirt that immediately drew backlash . On Thursday night, the 45-year-old rapper and fashion designer showed up on Tucker Carlson's Fox program, and he had a lot to...
Source Explains Why
Kanye West Wore
'White Lives Matter' Shirt
Oct 6, 2022 2:00 AM CDT
Source Explains Why Kanye West Wore 'White Lives Matter' Shirt
Rapper showed up at Paris Fashion Week wearing shirt with the message
- On Monday, Kanye West showed up at the surprise debut of his YZY Season Nine collection at Paris Fashion Week wearing a controversial shirt—and now a source says the move was not a publicity stunt, and the rapper is confused as to why it caused such a backlash. The...
Even With $2.5B,
Oprah Isn't Among
400 Richest in US
Sep 28, 2022 12:05 PM CDT
Even With $2.5B, Oprah Isn't Among 400 Richest in US
Kanye West doesn't make the cut, either, though Donald Trump does
- Donald Trump has found his way back onto
' list of the 400 richest Americans. The former president was excluded in 2021 for the first time in 25 years. But with an estimated net worth of $3.2 billion—up from $2.5 billion last year—he's back for...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Paramedic Tried to Save Crash Victim, Later Learned It Was Her Girl
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
King's Secret Code Is Broken 500 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.