Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Out of Town
Nov 17, 2022 5:10 PM CST
Forecast Moves Bills Game Out of Town
NFL shifts Buffalo-Cleveland matchup to Detroit in anticipation of deep snow
- The NFL is relocating the Bills home game against the Cleveland Browns to Detroit on Sunday because of a lake-effect snowstorm forecast to hit the Buffalo region. The decision was made before the storm even began, the AP reports. The forecast is for between one and three feet of snow...
Was It the Best
Catch Ever in the NFL?
Nov 14, 2022 8:07 AM CST
Was It the Best Catch Ever in the NFL?
Justin Jefferson of the Vikings has a memorable moment in a memorable game
- The game itself was something—the "best NFL game of the year" is how Kendall Baker of Axios describes the Vikings' 33-30 overtime win against the Buffalo Bills. He is not alone in that sentiment, and Steve Gardner at
details the improbable final minutes, which included a...
This Coaching Move Seems
to Have Stunned the League
Nov 8, 2022 11:15 AM CST
This Coaching Move Seems to Have Stunned the League
Colts pick Jeff Saturday, who has no head coach experience in NFL or college
- That the struggling Indianapolis Colts fired head coach Frank Reich after a bad loss on Sunday isn't a huge surprise. The same can't be said for the subsequent move by owner Jim Irsay—he picked former Colts player Jeff Saturday as Reich's interim replacement. The moved "...
Tom Brady Just Became
First NFL Player to Do This
Nov 7, 2022 2:01 AM CST
Tom Brady Just Became First NFL Player to Do This
Quarterback goes over 100K yards passing for career
- Tom Brady became the first player in NFL history to throw for more than 100,000 yards, surpassing the milestone on a 15-yard completion to Leonard Fournette during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Los Angeles Rams, the AP reports. The league’...
Hall of Famer's
Punts Were Epic
Nov 3, 2022 6:30 PM CDT
Hall of Famer's Punts Were Epic
Ray Guy 'was a football player who punted,' John Madden said
- Ray Guy, the first punter to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame, died Thursday. He was 72. Southern Mississippi, where Guy starred before becoming the first punter ever taken in the first round of the NFL draft, said he died following a lengthy illness. He had been receiving care...
Oct 31, 2022 7:31 AM CDT
He Completes a Rare Touchdown Trifecta
Christian McCaffrey of 49ers runs, throws, and catches for TDs, only 4th modern player
- It was just his second game with the San Francisco 49ers, but it was a memorable one for Christian McCaffery. The running back ran for one touchdown, a routine part of his job. But he also caught a TD pass and threw one as well, becoming only the fourth player...
This Hasn't Happened
to Tom Brady in 20 Years
Oct 28, 2022 9:09 AM CDT
This Hasn't Happened to Tom Brady in 20 Years
He's lost three games in a row
- Tom Brady is having a lousy year off the playing field with his personal life . But if you think he might find solace
the playing field, think again. Brady lost his third straight game Thursday night, which has not happened since 2002, reports
. Worse, he looked like...
Experts Challenge QB's
View of His Risk for CTE
Oct 20, 2022 11:57 AM CDT
Experts Challenge QB's View of His Risk for CTE
Miami's Tua Tagovailoa, cleared to play Sunday, suggests quarterbacks are at less risk
- Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been hammered with big hits in his last two games—including a headline-making concussion on Sept. 29—and he's hoping to break the streak on Sunday. The NFL has cleared Tagovailoa to play this weekend, reports ESPN . The 24-year-old spoke for the first...
Former NFL Player
Killed in Shooting
Oct 18, 2022 3:00 AM CDT
Former NFL Player Killed in Shooting Outside Bar
Antonio Dennard, 32, shot outside Pennsylvania bar
- Former NFL cornerback Antonio Dennard was killed outside a bar in Berks County, Pennsylvania, early Sunday. The 32-year-old was pronounced dead at 3:15am at a local hospital after the shooting at Legends bar and restaurant in Muhlenberg Township, near Reading, WFMZ reports. An autopsy will be done Tuesday, and...
Tom Brady Got Sacked, but
He's the One Paying $11K Fine
Oct 15, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Tom Brady Got Sacked, but He's the One Paying $11K Fine
Buccaneers QB kicked at Falcons' Grady Jarrett after falling to ground in last Sunday's game
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady was sacked last weekend by Atlanta Falcons defensive end Grady Jarrett, a play that ended up earning Jarrett a controversial penalty for roughing the passer. Now, a hefty financial punishment has been handed down by the NFL—but it will be Brady paying it,...
NFL Star Charged After
Oct 12, 2022 12:47 PM CDT
NFL Star Charged After Shoving Photographer
Davante Adams apologized after the Monday incident
The photographer who was shoved by Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams after Monday night's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs suffered whiplash, a headache, and a possible minor concussion, per court records—and Adams was on Wednesday charged with misdemeanor assault in connection with the incident. ESPN reports...
An Iffy Call, Followed
by an Iffy Comment
Oct 11, 2022 11:25 AM CDT
An Iffy Call, Followed by an Iffy Comment
Troy Aikman wants NFL refs to 'take the dresses off' in regard to roughing-the-passer penalties
- The big NFL hubbub after the latest round of games is all about quarterbacks—specifically, the protection of them. And a former quarterback's choice of words on the issue hasn't landed well with everyone. Here's a look:
Two questionable calls:
On Sunday, Grady Jarrett of the Falcons
NFL Adds New Word
to Concussion Protocol
Oct 9, 2022 5:31 AM CDT
NFL Adds New Word to Concussion Protocol
Effective immediately, players showing signs of 'ataxia,' or impaired balance and mobility, are out
- NFL players will be under new concussion rules in time for Sunday's games. The league and NFL Players Association on Saturday agreed to modify the rules following a joint investigation into an injury sustained by Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa last month. The league and players' union said in...
Change by Sunday
Oct 8, 2022 2:00 PM CDT
Goodell Won't Commit to Concussion Change by Sunday
Players union says it agreed to new protocol
- Commissioner Roger Goodell said Saturday the NFL expects to make "a change or two" to rules around concussions but did not commit to a revised protocol being in effect in time for Sunday's games, as the players union wants. Debate over the response to injuries has intensified since...
by NFLer Claims
It Was Assault
Oct 6, 2022 11:55 AM CDT
Protester Tackled by NFLer Claims It Was Assault
'There's consequences for your actions,' responds Rams' Bobby Wagner
The protester who ran onto the field during an NFL game on Monday, only to be knocked down by Los Angeles Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner, has filed an assault complaint. The Santa Clara Police Department confirms an "active investigation" is underway, per Yahoo . The protester was one of...
Neurologist Who Examined
Dolphins QB Is Fired
Oct 3, 2022 9:25 AM CDT
Neurologist Who Examined Dolphins QB Is Fired
NFL reevaluating its concussion protocol after Tagovailoa's 2nd head injury
- The NFL Players Association has fired the medical consultant who evaluated Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa and cleared him to play after an apparent head injury. Per NBC News, Tagovailoa went down hard in the second quarter during Miami’s Sept. 20 win over the Buffalo Bills. Footage shows Tagovailoa...
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit:
'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
Oct 1, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
NFL, Dolphins have been under fire after 24-year-old QB was injured just days after similar injury
(This story has been updated with comments from Tagovailo.)
The NFL has another controversy on its hands related to concussions after a scary incident Thursday night involving Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. Coverage:
The Dolphins' 24-year-old quarterback got sacked in the second quarter and his head came
Former Cowboys Player
Dies in Climbing Accident
Sep 30, 2022 6:20 AM CDT
Former Cowboys Player Dies in Climbing Accident
Gavin Escobar was one of 2 people killed in California accident, firefighters say
- Former Dallas Cowboys tight end Gavin Escobar was one of two people killed in a rock climbing accident in California Wednesday, authorities say. The bodies of Escobar, 31, and fellow Huntington Beach resident Chelsea Walsh, 33, were found in a remote area of the San Bernardino National Forest near Idyllwild,...
Sep 27, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
NFL Star Rolls His Porsche After Practice
All-Pro Myles Garrett of the Cleveland Browns is out of the hospital
- Cleveland Browns star defensive end Myles Garrett was released from a hospital late Monday night after he was injured when he rolled over his Porsche while driving on a rural Ohio road following practice. Garrett suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the one-car wreck, per the AP . He'd been taken to...
Bizarre 'Butt Punt'
May Lead to Endorsement
Sep 26, 2022 12:15 PM CDT
Bizarre 'Butt Punt' May Lead to Endorsement
Miami Dolphins punter kicks one straight into the rear end of a teammate
- They're calling it the "butt punt." A weird play in the NFL on Sunday has been so dubbed by outlets including
, ESPN , the
New York Times
, and the South Florida
. It took place in Miami, late in the Dolphins' game against Buffalo. Thomas...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Paramedic Tried to Save Crash Victim, Later Learned It Was Her Girl
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
King's Secret Code Is Broken 500 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.