Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
After 'Grotesque Conduct,'
$29M for Kobe Bryant's Family
Mar 1, 2023 6:10 AM CST
After 'Grotesque Conduct,' $29M for Kobe Bryant's Family
Widow Vanessa Bryant had sued over pics taken at scene of crash that killed Kobe, daughter Gianna
- Last summer, a federal jury decided that Vanessa Bryant, widow of retired NBA star Kobe Bryant, was entitled to $15 million from Los Angeles County. The award was bestowed in regard to a lawsuit over photos taken and shared by first responders of the bodies of her husband, 41, and...
Vanessa Bryant Donating
Proceeds From Her Case
Aug 26, 2022 12:16 AM CDT
Vanessa Bryant Donating Proceeds From Her Case
To the foundation that honors legacies of Kobe Bryant, Gianna Bryant
- The money from the judgment Vanessa Bryant won Wednesday will benefit the foundation named for her late husband and daughter. Bryant, who won the $16 million judgment in her case against Los Angeles County following the deaths of Kobe Bryant and daughter Gianna, 13, in a 2020 helicopter crash, announced...
Jury Awards Vanessa Bryant
$16M Over Crash Photos
Aug 24, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Jury Awards Vanessa Bryant $16M Over Crash Photos
Sheriff's deputies and firefighters passed around images of remains of Gianna and Kobe Bryant
: In a unanimous verdict, a federal jury decided Wednesday that Los Angeles County must pay Vanessa Bryant $16 million over its handling of photos of her husband's body taken at the site of the NBA star's fatal helicopter crash. Sheriff's deputies and firefighters took and shared...
Bezos' $500K Donation
Met With Groans
Nov 17, 2021 9:07 AM CST
Bezos' $500K Donation Met With Groans
Baby2Baby donation from world's second-richest man fell flat: Page Six
- Celebrities including Jeff Bezos raised $8.5 million for Baby2Baby, a nonprofit that provides diapers and other necessities to children living in poverty, at its 10th annual gala in Los Angeles on Saturday, per
. But if Bezos was expecting a pat on the back for his $500,000...
Must Turn Over
Nov 16, 2021 6:47 AM CST
Vanessa Bryant Must Turn Over Her Therapy Records
Judge rules records from 2017 on must be submitted to Los Angeles County
A judge has ruled that Kobe Bryant's widow must turn over her therapy records to Los Angeles County in her lawsuit claiming she suffered emotional distress after first responders took and shared graphic photos from the site of the 2020 helicopter crash that killed the basketball star, their...
'RIP Kobe' Was
First I Heard
of His Death
Oct 25, 2021 1:35 AM CDT
Vanessa Bryant: 'RIP Kobe' Was First I Heard of His Death
NBA star's widow revealed detail last month in deposition
- Vanessa Bryant heard from a family assistant on the morning of Jan. 26, 2020, that the helicopter her husband and daughter had taken, heading to 13-year-old Gianna's basketball games, had crashed. But the assistant thought five people had survived, and Vanessa assumed Kobe and Gianna would be among the...
Is Too Much
May 19, 2021 1:04 AM CDT
LA: Vanessa Bryant's 'Scorched Earth' Lawsuit Is Too Much
County complains in new court filing
- Vanessa Bryant is going too far in her lawsuit against Los Angeles County over photos from the site of her late husband Kobe Bryant's helicopter crash, the county says in a new court filing. Bryant, in her pursuit of information about sheriff's deputies and fire department employees who...
Mar 18, 2021 1:52 AM CDT
Vanessa Bryant Shares Sheriff's Deputies' Names
Judge cleared the way for Kobe Bryant's widow to do so last week
- Kobe Bryant's widow, Vanessa Bryant, on Wednesday posted the names of four Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies she alleges shared graphic photos from the site of the helicopter crash that killed her husband, their daughter, Gianna, and seven others. Bryant's Instagram posts include images of portions of...
Kobe Bryant's Widow
Wins in Court
Mar 9, 2021 11:20 AM CST
Kobe Bryant's Widow Wins in Court
Vanessa Bryant can obtain the names of deputies accused of sharing crash photos
- A federal judge in California has ruled that Kobe Bryant's widow, Vanessa Bryant, can obtain the names of four Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies who allegedly shared graphic photos from the site of the helicopter crash that killed her husband, their daughter Gianna, and seven others. An effort...
Some Days 'I Feel
Like I Can't Survive'
Mar 3, 2021 11:15 AM CST
Vanessa Bryant: Some Days 'I Feel Like I Can't Survive'
But 'Kobe and Gigi motivate me to keep going'
- There are some days when Vanessa Bryant's "unimaginable" grief brings her to her knees. Almost 14 months after her husband, Kobe Bryant, and 13-year-old daughter, Gianna (Gigi), were killed in a helicopter crash near Los Angeles, "I can't say that I'm strong every day. I...
Mar 1, 2021 6:47 AM CST
Vanessa Bryant Wants Deputies' Names Released
She says they took pictures of Kobe Bryant crash site
- Vanessa Bryant wants a US court to release the names of the four Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies she says took and shared photos of her late husband, Kobe Bryant, after he, their daughter, and seven others died in a helicopter crash last year. The request is part of...
Meek Mill Apologizes for Line
About Kobe Bryant's Death
Feb 23, 2021 1:08 PM CST
Meek Mill Apologizes for Line About Kobe Bryant's Death
Rapper's track talks about dying the way the NBA star did
- A reference to the death of Kobe Bryant in a rapper's track has drawn an objection from the NBA star's wife. Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash in California in January 2020, along with his daughter Gianna and seven other people . Meek Mill's "Don't...
Kobe Bryant's Best Investment
Paid Off Handsomely
Jan 26, 2021 12:28 PM CST
Kobe Bryant's Best Investment Paid Off Handsomely
He put $6M into Body Armor, and stake was worth $200M just 4 years later
- Exactly one year ago, a helicopter crash took the lives of Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter Gianna, and seven others near Calabasas, California. The NBA legend's widow, Vanessa, was among those marking the anniversary on Tuesday, notes
. "I will never understand why/how this tragedy could’ve happened...
Vanessa Bryant Slams Mom's
'Unimaginably Hurtful' Suit
Dec 18, 2020 7:16 AM CST
Vanessa Bryant Slams Mom's 'Unimaginably Hurtful' Suit
Kobe's widow says Sofia Laine is falsely claiming she worked as a personal assistant and nanny
- A family feud between Kobe Bryant's widow and her own mom has accusations of broken promises and extortion flying. Sofia Laine, who filed a 48-page lawsuit against 38-year-old Vanessa Bryant, has claimed that she toiled away for years as the Bryants' "personal assistant and nanny," and that...
Vanessa Bryant Files
Suit Against LA Sheriff
Sep 22, 2020 3:25 PM CDT
Vanessa Bryant Files Suit Against LA Sheriff
Widow says deputies shared photos of Kobe crash
- Vanessa Bryant, the widow of basketball star Kobe Bryant, has filed a lawsuit against the Los Angeles County sheriff claiming deputies shared unauthorized photos of the crash that killed her husband, their 13-year-old daughter, and seven others. After the Jan. 26 crash, reports surfaced that graphic photos of the victims...
Silver Lining in LA:
Kobe Murals Are 'Saved'
Jun 2, 2020 12:47 PM CDT
Silver Lining in LA: Kobe Murals Are 'Saved'
Vanessa Bryant urges followers to 'drive out hate'
- Vanessa Bryant is taking solace in the fact that murals of her late husband and daughter have been left untouched during unrest in Los Angeles . Kobe Bryant's widow shared a screenshot of a news report showing a burning building in the Fairfax district on her Instagram story on Monday,...
Brother of Pilot Flying Kobe's
Copter: It Was Kobe, Gigi's Fault
May 12, 2020 6:26 AM CDT
Brother of Pilot Flying Kobe's Copter: It Was Kobe, Gigi's Fault
Berge Zobayan says passengers on brother Ara Zobayan's chopper knew the risks, were negligent
- More than one lawsuit has been filed in the case of the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash, but it's his widow's wrongful death complaint that has the brother of the pilot pushing back. CNN reports that on Friday, Berge Zobayan filed a seven-page response to Vanessa Bryant's suit,...
Vanessa Bryant Gets
'One More' Birthday
Letter From Kobe
May 6, 2020 12:07 AM CDT
Vanessa Bryant Gets 'One More' Birthday Letter From Kobe
She found an unopened letter the day before she turned 38
- Vanessa Bryant found an unopened letter from her late husband Kobe on Monday, and waited until Tuesday to open it—so she could "open one more letter on my birthday," she wrote on Instagram . "The irony is that Kobe had a photo of me drawn with an...
Not Happy About
Mar 2, 2020 12:00 PM CST
Kobe's Widow Not Happy About Allegations on Crash Site
Vanessa Bryant 'absolutely devastated' pictures may have been shared of victims' remains
- An investigation is ongoing into allegations that deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department leaked graphic photos of the site of the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash, including images that showed the victims' remains. Bryant's widow, Vanessa, is "absolutely devastated" by that claim, her lawyer says. "...
'Babe, Take Care of Our Gigi':
Lines From Kobe Memorial
Feb 24, 2020 3:11 PM CST
'Babe, Take Care of Our Gigi': Lines From Kobe Memorial
Kobe Bryant, daughter Gigi honored at Staples Center
- The Staples Center, where Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant spent much of his career, on Monday hosted a huge memorial service for the fallen NBA star and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna "Gigi" Bryant. The date was chosen in honor of the father and daughter's basketball jersey numbers,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UNLV Shooter Was a 67-Year-Old Professor: Sources
Celebs' Jilted Exes Are Now Dating Each Other
Deputy Killed in Police Chase of Senator's Son
This Could Be Behind 'Mystery' Dog Illnesses
Trump Sets in Motion Fight That May Go to Supreme Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.