Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
What to Get for
the Baby Who
Has It All? $230
Nov 19, 2023 4:05 PM CST
What to Get for the Baby Who Has It All? $230 Scented Water
It's part of new Baby Dior line, a 'tender, poetic collection' of luxury skin-care products for infants
- Babies are known for having skin that fills estheticians with envy—there's a reason for the phrase "as smooth as a baby's bottom"—but one luxury brand thinks the youngest set needs a bit more help when it comes to their dermatologic needs.
Terminally Ill Baby at Center
of Legal Battle Dies
Nov 13, 2023 11:05 AM CST
Terminally Ill Baby at Center of Legal Battle Dies
Indi Gregory, in midst of standoff between parents, Britain, and Italy, was taken off life support Sunday
- A terminally ill baby at the center of a legal battle involving her parents, British health officials, and the Italian government has died, a group supporting her family said Monday, reports the AP . Christian Concern said Indi Gregory died in a hospice on Monday morning after her life support was...
Woman With a Rare Anomaly
Has an Even Rarer Pregnancy
Nov 13, 2023 8:40 AM CST
Woman With a Rare Anomaly Has an Even Rarer Pregnancy
Alabama's Kelsey Hatcher has a double uterus, and she now has a twin gestating in each one
- Kelsey Hatcher is set to receive quite the Christmas gift this year: Dec. 25 is the due date for her twin girls, which will give her and her husband, Caleb, a total of five children ages 7 and under. But while finding out they had two little ones on the...
With This STD Exploding,
'Something Is Not Working Here'
Nov 8, 2023 7:50 AM CST
With This STD Exploding, 'Something Is Not Working Here'
Congenital syphilis cases in US newborns skyrocketed last year
- Alarmed by yet another jump in syphilis cases in newborns, US health officials are calling for stepped-up prevention measures, including encouraging millions of women of childbearing age and their partners to get tested for the sexually transmitted disease. More than 3,700 babies were born with congenital syphilis in 2022—...
US Infant Mortality Rate
Went the Wrong Way Last Year
Nov 1, 2023 10:20 AM CDT
US Infant Mortality Rate Went the Wrong Way Last Year
At 3%, it's the largest increase in 2 decades, reports the CDC
- The US infant mortality rate rose 3% last year—the largest increase in two decades, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. White and Native American infants, infant boys, and babies born at 37 weeks or earlier had significant death rate increases, reports the AP . The CDC's...
Xi to China's Women: Time
for a 'New Trend of Family'
Oct 31, 2023 10:45 AM CDT
Xi to China's Women: Time for a 'New Trend of Family'
Leader's speech to state-run women's rights group urges women to focus on 'family harmony'
- It's not enough for women to work on their own development, according to Chinese President Xi Jinping, who said Monday that women must also strive toward "family harmony, social harmony, national development, and national progress," in large part by having children. He urged women to establish a...
Shocking Find for 2 Seniors:
'My Whole Past Is Gone'
Aug 13, 2023 6:43 AM CDT
Shocking Find for 2 Seniors: 'My Whole Past Is Gone'
Canadian men discover they were switched at birth, now wish they'd never found out
- Two Canadian seniors were born 67 years ago in the same small rural hospital in Arborg, Manitoba, and those babies left the maternity ward with different families, their paths seemingly destined to never cross again. Now, Richard Beauvais, a commercial fisherman in British Columbia, and Eddy Ambrose, a retired upholsterer...
Suit: Doctor Decapitated
Baby During Delivery
Aug 10, 2023 11:55 AM CDT
Suit: Doctor Decapitated Baby During Delivery
Jessica Ross alleges the funeral home was the one to tell her what had occurred
- A Georgia woman says she suffered "tremendous mental and physical anguish and trauma" after her baby was allegedly decapitated during delivery. Jessica Ross on Wednesday sued the hospital and various personnel involved in the July delivery of her son. FOX 5 Atlanta reports Ross, 20, went to Southern Regional...
Having a Baby
Aug 7, 2023 5:25 PM CDT
Having a Baby Soon? One State Outranks the Others
Massachusetts tops WalletHub's list, while Mississippi comes in last
- If your future plans include starting a family and you're open to a move (or wondering whether your current location is ideal), WalletHub has some insights. The site looked at all 50 states and the District of Columbia, not only on the issue of costs tied to having a...
Begins New Chapter
Jul 12, 2023 9:20 AM CDT
Naomi Osaka Begins New Chapter
Tennis star welcomes baby girl with boyfriend Cordae
- Naomi Osaka is officially a mom. The four-time Grand Slam singles champion has given birth to her first child, a baby girl, in Los Angeles, the Women's Tennis Association announced Tuesday. The 25-year-old revealed her pregnancy in January before calling out sexist criticism of the move to have a...
Law's One-Word Change
Results in Babies Being Taken
Jul 1, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
Law's One-Word Change Results in Babies Being Taken
New moms following doctors' orders to take anti-addiction meds are losing custody
- A story in the
New York Times Magazine
illustrates a nightmare situation encountered by thousands of new moms across the US: They risk losing custody of their newborns because they're following doctors' orders and taking anti-addiction medication. The story by Shoshana Walter traces the issue to a 2016 federal...
6-Year-Old Finds Gun in
Home, Shoots Baby Brother
Jun 10, 2023 9:30 AM CDT
6-Year-Old Finds Gun in Home, Shoots Baby Brother
Cops say Detroit infant will survive after latest incident involving kids stumbling on firearms
- "Here we are again." That was the frustrated statement given Wednesday night by Detroit Assistant Police Chief Charles Fitzgerald, after a 6-year-old boy found a gun inside his house and shot his baby brother, twice—in what Fitzgerald noted has become a "too common occurrence," per...
Her Fetus Needed
She Agreed to
In Utero Surgery
May 5, 2023 2:08 PM CDT
Her Fetus Needed Care ASAP. She Agreed to In Utero Surgery
Little Denver is doing great after rare vein of Galen malformation was picked up on 30-week ultrasound
- When Louisiana's Kenyatta Coleman went for a 30-week ultrasound while pregnant with daughter Denver, she was hoping for a routine checkup, as the previous ones had been. What doctors noticed at that visit, however, led to what looks to be the United States' first brain surgery on a baby...
Daniel Radcliffe Is a Dad
Apr 25, 2023 11:08 AM CDT
Daniel Radcliffe Is a Dad
Actor, girlfriend Erin Darke are seen pushing stroller in NYC after confirming pregnancy in March
- The world watched Daniel Radcliffe grow up on screen as Harry Potter, and Radcliffe apparently has a new little one to watch grow up. A Radcliffe rep confirmed that longtime girlfriend Erin Darke was pregnant in March, though no one from Team Radcliffe or Darke has confirmed the birth; Radcliffe,...
Apr 10, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Hilary Swank Posts Easter Surprise
'Alaska Daily' actor has had her twins, a boy and a girl, per Instagram post
- Looks like Hilary Swank's home had two extra Easter baskets this year. The 48-year-old
Million Dollar Baby
actor has given birth to twins with her husband of nearly five years, Philip Schneider, as evidenced by a Sunday entry on Instagram, per CNN . "It wasn't...
CNN Anchor's Baby Arrived
in Most Surprising Way
Mar 4, 2023 9:00 AM CST
CNN Anchor's Baby Arrived in Most Surprising Way
Kasie Hunt's 'sudden' 13-minute labor meant she had to give birth to daughter Grey in her bathroom
- While most of us were marking the first of March with salutations of "rabbit, rabbit" and thoughts of spring, Kasie Hunt was having an even more exciting day. The 37-year-old CNN anchor was set to head to the hospital Thursday for a scheduled C-section for the birth of her...
'Kind of a Shock'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 18, 2023 4:35 PM CST
'Kind of a Shock' on Newborns in Mississippi
There were 10 babies with congenital syphilis in the state in 2016; in 2021, 102, per analysis
- Mississippi, the nation's poorest state , already claims the worst infant mortality rate in the US. Now, more bad news for newborns there: The number of babies treated for congenital syphilis—meaning the infection is passed down from mother to baby during gestation—spiked 900% over five years, rising from...
Mother Trapped in
Quake Rubble Gives Birth
Feb 7, 2023 11:15 AM CST
Mother Trapped in Quake Rubble Gives Birth
Sadly, the mother died after earthquake in Syria, but her newborn was rescued
- Thousands are dead after a devastating earthquake that wreaked havoc in Turkey and Syria, but there are small pieces of good news amid the carnage. First, a toddler was pulled out of the rubble Monday in the Syrian city of Azaz; that was followed by the rescue of a 14-year-old...
Have Ticket for
Flight. His Parents
Left Him Behind
Feb 1, 2023 9:45 AM CST
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Tel Aviv police alerted to possible child abandonment Tuesday
- Airport staff see a lot of weird stuff . But staff at Israel's main airport in Tel Aviv say "we didn't believe what we were seeing" Tuesday as a couple—who'd purchased two tickets for a flight out of the country—ran off to catch their flight,...
Paris Hilton: 'Our Hearts
Are Exploding With Love'
Jan 25, 2023 10:05 AM CST
Paris Hilton: 'Our Hearts Are Exploding With Love'
Reality star, 41, welcomes baby boy via surrogate with husband Carter Reum
- Life for Paris Hilton is about to become not as simple, though in a most joyous way. TMZ reports that the 41-year-old reality-TV star, who starred on
The Simple Life
with Nicole Richie in the mid-aughts, has welcomed her first child with her husband, author and entrepreneur Carter Reum. "...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.