Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
King Charles Has a
Slew of Housing Options
Sep 12, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
King Charles Has a Slew of Housing Options
King Charles III, Queen Consort Camilla don't have to reside at Buckingham Palace
- We know the burning question on everyone's mind this Monday morning: Where are the new king of England and his queen consort going to hunker down for the long haul? Options abound, though opinions on where the royal couple will end up vary. The Independent notes it's "...
Faces Treason Charge
Aug 2, 2022 4:05 PM CDT
Windsor Intruder Faces Treason Charge
Police say 20-year-old entered castle grounds carrying a crossbow
- A man who police said brought a crossbow onto the grounds of Windsor Castle faces the usual sort of charge one might in another location, such as making threats to kill someone and possession of an offensive weapon. But because the castle is home to a monarch, Britain's Queen...
Harry, Meghan Reunite
With Queen, Prince Charles
Apr 15, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Harry, Meghan Reunite With Queen, Prince Charles
It's been more than 2 years since Markle has set foot in the UK
- Earlier this year, Prince Harry, who now lives in California with Meghan Markle and their two children, noted that security concerns were keeping them from visiting the UK. Those fears appear to have been allayed, at least enough to allow him and Markle to make a pit stop outside of...
Chilling Video Investigated
After Royal Intruder Caught
Dec 27, 2021 7:43 AM CST
Chilling Video Investigated After Royal Intruder Caught
19-year-old with crossbow detained after incident at Windsor Castle
- Reports emerged over the holiday weekend about an armed intruder arrested at Windsor Castle. Now the details are filling in, and they include reports of an alarming video made before the incident. Scotland Yard says a 19-year-old man with a crossbow was arrested for trespassing at the castle on Christmas...
Roots Has Tea
Jun 13, 2021 12:35 PM CDT
President Proud of Working-Class Roots Has Tea With Queen
Shadows of Brexit and Northern Ireland hover over polite chat
- President Biden, the pride of an Irish American working-class family from a Pennsylvania coal town, was invited for tea at Windsor Castle on Sunday. He followed the advice his mother gave him before he first met Queen Elizabeth in 1982, CNN reports. "Don't you bow down to her,...
Harry, but Not
Apr 10, 2021 3:05 PM CDT
Harry, but Not Meghan, Will Attend Funeral
Service for Prince Philip at Windsor Castle will be limited to 30 guests
- Prince Harry will travel to the UK for his grandfather's funeral, Buckingham Palace announced Saturday. His wife, Meghan Markle, who's pregnant with their second child, won't be with him,
reports. "The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel," a...
Queen Knights a Hero, 100
Jul 17, 2020 5:25 PM CDT
Queen Knights a Hero, 100
Tom Moore raised millions in his garden to support health care workers
- On a day infused with emotion, Queen Elizabeth II tapped the blade of a sword once owned by her father on the slender shoulders of 100-year-old Tom Moore, making a hero of a nation a knight of the realm Friday. Moore captivated the British public by walking 100 laps of...
The Unusual Reason Behind
Newest Royal Wedding Dress
Oct 12, 2018 10:22 AM CDT
The Unusual Reason Behind Newest Royal Wedding Dress
Princess Eugenie purposely picked a backless number to show off a childhood scar
- Britain's Princess Eugenie married tequila executive Jack Brooksbank in a star-studded royal wedding Friday at St. George's Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Castle. The 28-year-old bride, a granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and ninth in line to the British throne, wore a long-sleeved gown with a fitted...
Trump 'Quite Stung'
by London's Blimp
Jul 13, 2018 6:01 AM CDT
Trump 'Quite Stung' by London's Blimp
Inflatable depicting president as baby rises over Parliament
- London has seen countless strange sights over the centuries—but a blimp depicting President Trump as an angry orange baby rising outside the Houses of Parliament is a new one. The blimp—part of protests against Trump's visit that are planned in dozens of British cities—went up Friday...
Royal Wedding Expert With
Posh UK Accent Is American
Jun 3, 2018 9:37 AM CDT
Royal Wedding Expert With Posh UK Accent Is American
Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq., could also be called Tommy Muscatello
- Thomas J. Mace-Archer-Mills, Esq., knew more about the royal wedding than the millions who listened to his global TV commentary outside Windsor Castle—delivered in a posh British accent. It turns out he's a mere Italian-American mortal, from upstate New York, the AP reports. Tommy Muscatello first learned to...
Hidden in War
in case you missed it
Jan 20, 2018 8:30 AM CST
Queen Learns Where Crown Jewels Were Hidden in War
Inside a cookie tin
- A BBC documentary that aired last weekend about Queen Elizabeth had all kinds of interesting royal nuggets, but one revelation in particular was news to the queen herself. The makers of
were able to tell Elizabeth where her father hid the most precious of the crown jewels during...
Couple Caught Having Sex
on Windsor Castle's Lawn
Apr 30, 2009 4:00 PM CDT
Couple Caught Having Sex on Windsor Castle's Lawn
- Let's hope the queen had her shades drawn. A couple in Britain stripped off their clothes and began having sex on the lawn of Windsor Castle today, the
reports. “People were shouting things like, ‘What are you doing?’ but the couple didn't seem to care,” said...
Popular on Newser
Musk Kicks Kanye West Off Twitter
Freak Wave Slams Cruise Ship, Claims Life of Passenger
NYC Job Will Pay Up to $170K, but It's a 'Daunting' One
Cops: Woman Shut Off Roomie's Ventilator Because Sound Bothered Her
Warnock Leads, Obama Mocks, but Walker Stays Close
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.