Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Kim Jong Un
Stories 1 - 20 |
What Did Debut of
Kim's Daughter Mean?
Nov 22, 2022 8:11 AM CST
What Did Debut of Kim's Daughter Mean?
Kim Jong Un's move could signal break from family's patrilineal rule, pundit says
- Speculation is swirling about North Korean leader Kim Jung Un's decision to debut his daughter at Friday's launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile. Photos released Saturday by state media show the father and daughter walking hand in hand next to the huge missile, inspecting the Hwasong-17 with Kim'...
North Korea Debuts
Kim's 'Beloved Daughter'
Nov 19, 2022 5:30 AM CST
North Korea Debuts Kim's 'Beloved Daughter'
It's the first time pics of the child, who's never been mentioned, have emerged
- North Korea has unveiled the little-known daughter of its leader Kim Jong Un at a missile launch site, attracting keen attention to a fourth-generation member of the dynastic family that has ruled North Korea for more than seven decades. The North's state media said Saturday that Kim had observed...
Ex-SK Leader Giving Up
Kim Jong Un's Gifts
Nov 8, 2022 7:33 AM CST
Ex-SK Leader Giving Up Kim Jong Un's Gifts
Moon Jae-in is embroiled in odd row over Pungsan dogs—not with Kim, but with SK government
- In May, Moon Jae-in left office in South Korea, taking his two dogs, Gomi and Songgang, with him. Now, he's giving up the pair of Pungsan pups, a gift from Kim Jong Un, in an odd row not with Kim, but with the current Seoul government. The BBC notes...
Kim Jong Un: Nuclear Forces
Ready for 'Actual War'
Oct 13, 2022 6:51 AM CDT
Kim Jong Un: Nuclear Forces Ready for 'Actual War'
Analysts say North Korean leader has been emboldened by Putin's rhetoric
- With Vladimir Putin warning that nuclear strikes are an option in the Ukraine war, Kim Jong Un apparently doesn't want to feel left out. The North Korean dictator warned Thursday that the country's nuclear forces have demonstrated "their full preparedness for actual war to bring the enemies...
North Korea Boasts
of New Tactic for Missiles
Oct 10, 2022 8:35 AM CDT
North Korea Boasts of New Tactic for Missiles
Nation fires one from an underwater silo
- North Korea has been firing off a series of missile tests in recent weeks, and one of them came from a silo that was underwater, reports the
. The North said Monday that it successfully launched a missile from an inland reservoir, per the AP . It's the first...
Trump, Kim Jong Un
Might Still Be in Touch
Sep 28, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Trump, Kim Jong Un Might Still Be in Touch
Book reveals Trump's casual racism, apparently ongoing relationship with North Korean leader
- We already know Maggie Haberman's upcoming book on President Trump claims he vowed not to leave the White House and clogged toilets trying to flush away papers . Now new revelations are flooding out ahead of Tuesday's release of
Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking
Kim Jong Un:
North Korea Will
Never Give Up Nukes
Sep 9, 2022 12:05 AM CDT
Kim Jong Un: North Korea Will Never Give Up Nukes
Country's leader says Pyongyang needs the weapons to counter the US
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un stressed his country will never abandon the nuclear weapons it needs to counter the United States, which he accused of pushing to weaken the North’s defenses and eventually collapse his government, state media said Friday. Kim made the comments during a speech Thursday...
'No One Barters
Their Destiny for
Aug 19, 2022 6:19 AM CDT
Kim's Sister: 'No One Barters Their Destiny for Corn Cake'
She was criticizing Yoon Suk-yeol's offer of aid in exchange for denuclearization
- The sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has come out swinging against South Korea's president Yoon Suk-yeol, whom she calls a "really simple" man who should "shut his mouth." Kim Yo Jong made the comments Friday in rejecting an offer of economic aid in...
Good News: N. Korea
Says It Has Defeated COVID
Aug 11, 2022 6:39 AM CDT
Good News: N. Korea Says It Has Defeated COVID
Sister says Kim Jong Un was 'seriously ill'
- North Korea has declared a resounding victory over COVID-19—but experts are as skeptical of the claim as they were over the country's claims to have no cases before an outbreak of "fever" spread "explosively" starting in late April. The
New York Times
reports that according to...
Kim Jong Un
Use Nuclear Weapons
Jul 28, 2022 12:21 AM CDT
Kim Jong Un Threatens to Use Nuclear Weapons
North Korean leader gives fiery speech on Korean War armistice anniversary
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned he’s ready to use his nuclear weapons in potential military conflicts with the United States and South Korea, state media said Thursday, as he unleashed fiery rhetoric against rivals he says are pushing the Korean Peninsula to the brink of war. Kim’...
Over 35 Minutes, a Barrage
of Missile Tests in North Korea
Jun 5, 2022 7:04 AM CDT
Over 35 Minutes, a Barrage of Missile Tests in North Korea
8 missiles fired from at least 4 locations on Sunday
- North Korea test-fired a barrage of short-range ballistic missiles from multiple locations toward the sea on Sunday, South Korea’s military said, extending a provocative streak in weapons demonstrations this year that US and South Korean officials say may culminate with a nuclear test explosion. Possibly setting a single-day record...
Everyone Masked Up at State
Funeral, Except Kim Jong Un
May 23, 2022 12:09 PM CDT
Everyone Masked Up at State Funeral, Except Kim Jong Un
North Korea says its COVID outbreak is easing, but many are skeptical
- A huge number of North Koreans including leader Kim Jong Un attended a funeral for a top official, state media reported Monday, as the country maintained the disputed claim that its suspected coronavirus outbreak is subsiding. Since admitting earlier this month to an outbreak, North Korea has only stated how...
North Korea's Sudden
COVID Spike Is Looking Grim
May 16, 2022 7:11 AM CDT
North Korea's Sudden COVID Spike Is Looking Grim
'Fever' has spread across the country 'explosively' since late April
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un criticized officials over slow medicine deliveries and mobilized the military to respond to a surge in suspected COVID-19 infections, as his nation struggled to contain a fever that has reportedly killed dozens and sickened nearly a million others in a span of three days....
Fever Has 'Spread Explosively
Nationwide' in North Korea
May 13, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Fever Has 'Spread Explosively Nationwide' in North Korea
Country confirms a COVID death for the first time
A day after North Korea confirmed for the first time that it had recorded COVID cases within its capital came this: confirmation of its first COVID death—and cases well beyond Pyongyang. Per state media, five others died after experiencing a fever, but those have not been confirmed as...
N. Korea Accused of Continuing
Its 'Provocative Streak'
May 7, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
N. Korea Accused of Continuing Its 'Provocative Streak'
South Korea says its neighbor launched ballistic missile on Saturday, likely from submarine
- North Korea flight-tested a ballistic missile that was likely fired from a submarine on Saturday, South Korea's military said, continuing a provocative streak in weapons demonstrations that may culminate with a nuclear test in the coming weeks or months. South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff said the launch...
With Tensions Rising, a New
Strike From North Korea
May 4, 2022 7:20 AM CDT
With Tensions Rising, a New Strike From North Korea
S. Korean, Japanese officials say the North fired ballistic missile toward waters off its eastern coast
- North Korea launched a ballistic missile toward its eastern waters on Wednesday, South Korean and Japanese officials said, days after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vowed to bolster his nuclear arsenal "at the fastest possible pace" and threatened to use them against rivals. The launch, the North's...
Kim Says He Won't Limit
Nuclear Arms to Deterrence
Apr 30, 2022 12:10 PM CDT
Kim Says He Won't Limit Nuclear Arms to Deterrence
North Korean leader says development of weapons will continue quickly
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned again that his nation could preemptively use its nuclear weapons if threatened, as he praised his top army officials for a large military parade in the capital, Pyongyang, this week, the AP reports. Kim expressed the "firm will" to continue developing his...
Kim Jong Un
Warns of an
Apr 26, 2022 8:23 AM CDT
Kim Jong Un Warns of an 'Unexpected 2nd Mission'
North Korean leader vows to speed up nukes program, to use them if provoked
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vowed to accelerate the development of nuclear weapons and threatened to use them if provoked, in a speech he delivered at a military parade that featured powerful missiles capable of targeting the country's rivals, state media reported Tuesday. Kim's remarks suggest he'...
Kim Swaps Goodbye Letters
With South Korea's Moon
Apr 22, 2022 7:46 AM CDT
Kim Swaps Goodbye Letters With South Korea's Moon
He thanks outgoing South Korean president for working toward peace
- Kim Jong Un had warm parting words for his South Korean rival, whose government North Korean officials previously called idiotic. The AP reports the North Korean leader thanked President Moon Jae-in for working to improve relations between the two countries over his single five-year term, which will end May 10,...
North Korea's Famous
'Pink Lady' Is Rewarded
Apr 14, 2022 12:06 PM CDT
North Korea's Famous 'Pink Lady' Is Rewarded
Kim Jong Un just gave the veteran newsreader a new home
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has gifted a home to a broadcaster who's been a major voice of the ruling Workers' Party for the past 50 years. Ri Chun Hi, dubbed the "pink lady" for her pink, often traditional clothing, has reported some of the biggest news...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
He Mountain Biked an Iconic 27-Mile Trail—Uphill
They Worked on an Execution, and Suffered for It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.