Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Republican National Committee
Stories 1 - 20 |
Reelected GOP Chair Says
This Term Is Her Last
Jan 28, 2023 12:40 PM CST
Reelected GOP Chair Says This Term Is Her Last
Vote on Ronna McDaniel reflected divisions in party leadership
- After winning reelection by a divided Republican National Committee, Chair Ronna McDaniel said she won't do that again. "This is my last term as chair," McDaniel told Fox News , adding, "It's done." McDaniel said she wants to continue her work on voter registration and...
Fighting to Keep
Jan 23, 2023 1:50 PM CST
RNC Leader Fighting to Keep Her Job This Week
Ronna McDaniel expects to survive secret ballot for party's national committee
- By week's end, the Republican National Committee is set to resolve a leadership feud that has exposed divisions within the party, per the AP . Those inside the fight believe the days ahead of Friday's secret ballot could get even uglier as rebel forces within former President Trump's...
RNC, Election Deniers
Have a Midterm Strategy
Jun 1, 2022 11:57 AM CDT
RNC, Election Deniers Have a Midterm Strategy
It reportedly involves training volunteers as poll workers, connecting them with lawyers
- As the midterms are starting to take shape, a pair of stories about 2020 election deniers who are coming together with the RNC to form an "organized cavalry" of volunteers determined to suss out and shine a light on what they believe will be Democratic wrongdoing during the 2022...
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Apr 14, 2022 7:08 PM CDT
GOP Pulls Out of Future Debates
Party wants changes in presidential campaign events after Trump complained
- The Republican National Committee had been warning for months about no longer participating in the presidential debates organized by the commission that's held them since 1988. Spurred on by former President Donald Trump, Republicans have picked up their criticism of the Commission on Presidential Debates as biased toward Democrats,...
Greene Hears From McDaniel
About America First Speech
Feb 27, 2022 11:20 AM CST
Greene Hears From McDaniel About America First Speech
White nationalist group broke into chants of 'Putin,' whom Republican later denounced
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene received applause when she spoke Saturday to an organization of white nationalists in Florida—a group that also cheered Vladimir Putin. But others, including the head of the Republican National Committee, were less impressed with her appearance Friday night before the America First Political Action Conference,...
RNC's Selection of 'Great
Presidents' Includes Nixon
Feb 21, 2022 3:42 PM CST
RNC's Selection of 'Great Presidents' Includes Nixon
Party wished a 'Happy Presidents Day' to presidents who aren't Biden
- The Republican National Committee sent a Presidents Day message with praise for presidents past—but definitely not present. A tweet from the RNC featured a selection of Republican presidents—including Abraham Lincoln, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, both George Bushes, and Donald Trump—with the message "Happy Presidents Day to...
Trump: McConnell Does Not
Speak for the GOP
Feb 10, 2022 12:43 AM CST
Trump: McConnell Does Not Speak for the GOP
McConnell had criticized RNC resolution censuring panel members
Former President Trump issued a lengthy statement Wednesday slamming Mitch McConnell a day after the Senate minority leader's comments on Jan. 6. "Mitch McConnell does not speak for the Republican Party, and does not represent the views of the vast majority of its voters," Trump said....
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own,
and a Backlash Is Growing
Feb 8, 2022 10:25 AM CST
GOP Censured 2 of Its Own, and a Backlash Is Growing
Lindsey Graham is among those accusing the RNC of looking backward instead of forward
- The Republican National Committee's decision to censure two lawmakers from its own party is not sitting well with some big-name Republicans. Coverage in multiple outlets quotes GOP members of Congress who say the strike against Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger was misguided and could potentially hurt a party...
GOP Censures Kinzinger,
Cheney for Investigating Riot
Feb 4, 2022 1:56 PM CST
GOP Censures Kinzinger, Cheney for Investigating Riot
Republican governor calls it a sad day for the party
- The two GOP members of the House committee investigating the Capitol riot have been punished by their party. A resolution to censure Reps. Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger passed, without debate, on a one-sided voice vote Friday at a meeting of the Republican National Committee, the
GOP Governors on Mandates:
We'll Fight 'to the Gates of Hell'
Sep 10, 2021 6:25 AM CDT
GOP Governors on Mandates: We'll Fight 'to the Gates of Hell'
Republican National Committee also vows to sue over vaccine mandates
- Republican leaders had a strong reaction to President Biden's announcement of coronavirus vaccine mandates to affect two-thirds of the US workforce: "See you in court," tweeted South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, one of several Republican governors threatening to fight back. South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster tweeted "...
Needs to Fix
Jun 2, 2021 8:27 AM CDT
RNC: Presidential Debates Group Needs to Fix 'Intolerable' Situation
Chair McDaniel says if debates aren't made more 'fair,' she'll advise GOP nominees not to take part
- The 2024 election is still awhile off, but the Republican National Committee is already making demands regarding that year's presidential debates. On Tuesday, RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel sent a letter to the Commission on Presidential Debates saying that big changes are needed for both the format of the debates...
RNC to Trump: No, We
Won't Stop Using Your Name
Mar 9, 2021 3:00 AM CST
RNC to Trump: No, We Won't Stop Using Your Name
Committee responds to recent cease-and-desist letter
- The Republican National Committee's reply to former President Trump? Nope. The RNC responded to the cease-and-desist letter it received from Trump's attorneys by asserting, in its own reply letter, it has the right to use Trump's name and likeness in its fundraising appeals, and that it has...
Wants to Flee
Form 3rd Party
Feb 11, 2021 9:55 AM CST
Report: Group Wants to Flee 'Extremist' GOP, Form 3rd Party
Evan McMullin tells outlets about anti-Trump idea
- Just how divided is the Republican Party? Divided enough that some 50 former Republican officials are on board to form a third US political party to serve as a counter to a GOP under the thumb of a wannabe autocrat, according to Reuters . The outlet cites "four people involved...
FBI: DC Pipe Bombs Were
Planted Night Before Riot
Jan 29, 2021 1:17 PM CST
FBI: DC Pipe Bombs Were Planted Night Before Riot
There's now $100K reward for suspect in security footage shown by 'Washington Post'
- A $100,000 reward is up for grabs as the FBI says it's using "every tool in our toolbox" to track down the person or persons responsible for planting two pipe bombs near the US Capitol. An FBI release on Friday noted that on Jan. 5, the day...
RNC Says Bomb Found at HQ
Jan 6, 2021 8:39 PM CST
RNC Says Bomb Found at HQ
Group says Wednesday's events were 'domestic terrorism'
- The Republican National Committee says a pipe bomb was found at its headquarters Wednesday as rioters stormed the Capitol blocks away. The RNC said a package found next to a trash can outside the building was an "explosive device that was successfully detonated," the
to 'Rebrand' at
Aug 25, 2020 8:26 AM CDT
Melania Trump Gets Chance to 'Rebrand' at Tonight's RNC
First lady has opportunity to offer a 'warmer' picture of president
- Melania Trump is set to take the virtual stage Tuesday night at the Republican National Convention, and a White House aide tells the
she's been working on her speech for days, with help from former press secretary Stephanie Grisham and Kellyanne Conway, who recently announced she's...
May 25, 2020 1:59 AM CDT
Republican Party Sues California Over Mail-In Voting
RNC wants to block Gov. Gavin Newsom's plan
- The Republican National Committee is not OK with California's plan to send every resident a mail-in ballot for the November election and is now suing over what it calls an "illegal power grab" by the governor. The RNC, along with the National Republican Congressional Committee and the California...
RNC Chair Not Happy
With Her Uncle Mitt
Jan 2, 2019 11:25 AM CST
RNC Chair Not Happy With Her Uncle Mitt
Ronna McDaniel rebukes Romney after his op-ed criticizing President Trump
- Like the president, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee finds fault with an op-ed critical of Trump penned by Utah senator-elect Mitt Romney—who just so happens to be her uncle. "POTUS is attacked and obstructed by the [mainstream] media and Democrats 24/7. For an incoming Republican freshman...
Trump Has a Gift for
Jul 26, 2018 5:45 PM CDT
Trump Has a Gift for House Republicans
The president releases funds from his campaign coffers
- House Republican candidates, check your campaign accounts: A nice donation may be headed your way. President Trump himself has let his re-election campaign share funds with 100 GOP candidates in House and Senate races—not a ton, but still thousands per lucky contender, Politico reports. And the Republican National Committee...
RNC Makes a Big Bet on 2018
Apr 15, 2018 6:51 AM CDT
RNC Makes a Big Bet on 2018
GOP is dropping $250M on strategy to hold House majority at all costs
- The Republican National Committee has committed $250 million to a midterm election strategy that has one goal above all: Preserve the House majority for the rest of President Trump's first term. Facing the prospect of a blue wave, the White House's political arm is devoting unprecedented resources to...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
Angry Elephants Damage Car That Hit a Calf
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.