Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Nearly 70 Face Prison for
Attending Nigerian Wedding
Aug 29, 2023 10:15 AM CDT
Nearly 70 Face Prison for Attending Nigerian Wedding
It was a gay wedding, and homosexuality is outlawed in the African nation
- Police in Nigeria said Tuesday they detained at least 67 people celebrating a gay wedding in one of the largest mass detentions targeting homosexuality, which is outlawed in the West African country. The "gay suspects" were arrested in southern Delta state's Ekpan town about 2am Monday at an...
Unwed Older Millennials,
You're Not Alone
Jul 1, 2023 10:00 AM CDT
Unwed Older Millennials, You're Not Alone
Record number of 40-year-old Americans have never been married, per new Pew research
- If you've recently made it to the big 4-0 and never gone down the aisle, you're definitely not alone: About 25% of 40-year-olds in the US have yet to be married, per 2021 stats from the US Census Bureau cited by the Pew Research Center —a record...
a Bride and
Within an Hour
Jun 23, 2023 12:43 PM CDT
She Became a Bride and a Widow Within an Hour
Nebraska groom suffers fatal blood clot after leaving Omaha church
- Johnnie Mae had suffered two recent losses, including that of her father, when she stood in front of friends and family and committed to the love of her life on Monday. But within the hour, her groom was dead, too. As Mae and new husband Toraze Davis of Omaha, Nebraska,...
There's a Whole Lot Riding
on This Big Royal Wedding
Jun 1, 2023 9:06 AM CDT
There's a Whole Lot Riding on This Big Royal Wedding
Nuptials of Jordanian Crown Prince Hussein, Rajwa Alseif to deepen nation's ties to Saudi Arabia
- The Middle Eastern country of Jordan is hosting its biggest royal wedding in years on Thursday as its young Crown Prince Hussein exchanges vows with Rajwa Alseif, daughter of one of Saudi Arabia's wealthiest and most influential families. With a VIP list that includes US first lady Jill Biden,...
Jan 21, 2023 11:30 AM CST
Buzz Aldrin Celebrated 2 Happy Occasions on Friday
Astronaut marked his 93rd birthday, also got married
- Astronaut Edwin "Buzz” Aldrin announced on social media that he has married his "longtime love" in a small ceremony in Los Angeles. Aldrin, who made history along with Neil Armstrong as the first humans to set foot on the surface of the moon, said the wedding took place...
Wedding Guest Sues
Over 'Severe' Marijuana Injury
Nov 30, 2022 12:30 PM CST
Wedding Guest Sues Over 'Severe' Marijuana Injury
Caterer Joycelyn Bryant is accused of conspiring with bride Danya Svoboda to drug the meal
- A wedding guest is seeking more than $30,000 from the event's caterer, accused of secretly drugging the food . Authorities arrested Joycelyn Bryant of Joycelyn's Southern Kitchen, along with the bride who'd hired her, following the Feb. 19 wedding reception in Longwood, Florida, where guests had complained...
Country Singer, 37, Dies in
His Sleep on Wedding Night
Nov 30, 2022 9:16 AM CST
Country Singer, 37, Dies in His Sleep on Wedding Night
Oklahoma's Jake Flint looked happy and healthy hours earlier
- Country music singer Jake Flint got married Saturday on what was arguably the greatest day of his life. It was also the last. The 37-year-old Oklahoma native simply didn't wake up Sunday. "I don't understand," his bride and widow Brenda Wilson wrote on Facebook, where she...
Bidens Host All-Day
Nov 19, 2022 3:30 PM CST
Bidens Host All-Day Wedding Celebration
Naomi Biden and Peter Neal marry on South Lawn on a cold day
- Naomi Biden and Peter Neal married in a private ceremony in a public place on Saturday morning. Biden, 28, became the first grandchild of a sitting president to marry at the White House, in a South Lawn ceremony attended by President Biden and first lady Jill Biden. The wedding kicked...
White House to Host Wedding
Nov 14, 2022 7:10 PM CST
White House to Host Wedding
Naomi Biden and Peter Neal plan first ceremony ever on South Lawn
- "Here Comes the Bride" will be heard at the White House once again. Naomi Biden, the granddaughter of President Biden, and Peter Neal are getting married on the South Lawn on Saturday in what will be the 19th wedding in White House history, the AP reports. It will be...
Miss Argentina Marries
Miss Puerto Rico
Nov 3, 2022 11:25 AM CDT
Miss Argentina Marries Miss Puerto Rico
Beauty queens Mariana Varela, Fabiola Valentin dated secretly before tying the knot Friday
- Mariana Varela and Fabiola Valentin were rivals at the 2020 Miss Grand International competition, as representatives of Argentina and Puerto Rico, respectively. But the beauty queens remained close after finishing in the top 10. Very, very close . As the pair revealed Thursday, they've not only been secretly dating but...
Spears' Ex Hears Fate
Over Wedding Crash
Aug 13, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Spears' Ex Hears Fate Over Wedding Crash
Jason Alexander convicted of trespassing after showing up uninvited at star's June nuptials
- A man once briefly married to Britney Spears has been convicted of aggravated trespassing and battery at the pop star's June wedding. Jason Alexander, 40, pleaded no contest to the two misdemeanor counts in a California court, prosecutors in Ventura County announced Thursday. The Ventura County judge sentenced him...
On the South Lawn
This Fall: a Biden Wedding
Jul 28, 2022 1:44 PM CDT
On the South Lawn This Fall: a Biden Wedding
Granddaughter Naomi will be married on the White House grounds
- Later this year, Naomi Biden will take advantage of a perk of having a grandfather as president: She will get married on the South Lawn of the White House, reports the Hill . The 28-year-old announced the news on Twitter . Naomi Biden, an attorney and the daughter of Hunter Biden, will...
After Bride's Luggage Is
Lost, Scots Save the Day
Jun 23, 2022 1:03 PM CDT
After Bride's Luggage Is Lost, Scots Save the Day
'Skye is an amazing place,' says photographer Rosie Woodhouse, who asked locals for a favor
- After two years of planning and $15,000 invested, Amanda and Paul Riesel were finally ready to tie the knot on Scotland’s Isle of Skye, which would mean an eight-hour flight from their home state of Florida. It ended up taking three days. "It was delay, delay, delay,...
Want to Get (and Stay)
Married? Here's Where to Go
Jun 12, 2022 7:01 AM CDT
Want to Get (and Stay) Married? Here's Where to Go
LawnStarter ranks the best US cities for wedded bliss
- Maybe there actually is something to getting married in front of Cinderella Castle. Orlando, Fla., where the "happiest place on Earth" (Disney World) is located, is just one of the entries making up the top 10 in LawnStarter's ranking of the best US cities to get (and stay)...
Elvis-Related Move Could
Crush Vegas Wedding Industry
Jun 1, 2022 10:25 AM CDT
Elvis-Related Move Could Crush Vegas Wedding Industry
Licensing company sends cease-and-desist letters to chapel operators
- Las Vegas chapels of love that use Elvis Presley's likeness could find themselves becoming Heartbreak Hotels. The licensing company that controls the name and image of “The King” is ordering Sin City chapel operators to stop using Elvis in themed ceremonies, the
Las Vegas Review-Journal
reported on Monday....
After Guests Fall Ill at Wedding,
Bride and Caterer Are Arrested
in case you missed it
Apr 24, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
After Guests Fall Ill at Wedding, Bride and Caterer Are Arrested
Affidavits say the two laced the reception food with marijuana
- Feeling joyous and elated at a wedding is one thing. Feeling "weird, tingly, fidgety, and had an extremely dry mouth" is another. That's how one guest at a Feb. 19 wedding reception in Longwood, Fla., described feeling, and police allege it's because the food was laced with...
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid
to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM CDT
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Naomi Biden, 28, and Peter Neal, 24, will have WH wedding reception on Nov. 19
- Details are scarce, but a Biden is about to celebrate their wedding in the White House. That would be Naomi Biden, Joe and Jill Biden's oldest grandchild, who'll have her nuptials hosted by the president and first lady on Nov. 19, a spokesperson for Jill Biden tells CNN...
Julian Assange Is
Now a Married Man
Mar 24, 2022 6:06 AM CDT
Julian Assange Is Now a Married Man
WikiLeaks founder weds Stella Moris at high-security Belmarsh Prison in London
- Ladies, Julian Assange is now officially off the market. On Wednesday, the WikiLeaks founder married lawyer Stella Moris at his home of three years—London's high-security Belmarsh Prison—in a small ceremony that included the happy couple of seven years, their two young children, Assange's father and brother,...
First She Got the Doctor's
Call. Then Her Fiance Did
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 19, 2022 12:40 PM CDT
First She Got the Doctor's Call. Then Her Fiance Did
Mariah Nelesen, Clay Slenk move up wedding date after cancer diagnoses within 8 days of each other
- Mariah Nelesen and Clay Slenk's wedding on June 10 was supposed to be a grand affair, with every detail meticulously planned out. Now they've moved the date up to April 9, and they're planning on a reception meal of "burgers and brats on the grill,"...
You Can Now Get Paid
to Get Married in Italy
Mar 1, 2022 1:57 PM CST
You Can Now Get Paid to Get Married in Italy
New initiative will refund couples $2,250 for Lazio-based wedding services in 2022
- The coronavirus pandemic has put a real damper on the wedding and tourism industries. But Italy is fighting back with a new $11 million initiative that aims to boost both industries while possibly funding your wedding. Any couple—Italian or foreign—who opt to marry or begin a civil union...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Young Baltimore Tech CEO Allegedly Killed by Violent Repeat Offender
26-Year-Old Tech CEO Found Dead in Baltimore
US Soldier Who Crossed Into North Korea Back in US Custody
3 Boys 'Paid the Ultimate Price' for Mom's Addiction
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.