Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 34 |
MyPillow CEO Visits WH, Brings
Notes Hinting at 'Martial Law'
Jan 16, 2021 8:15 AM CST
MyPillow CEO Visits WH, Brings Notes Hinting at 'Martial Law'
Photographer's snapshot of Mike Lindell's paperwork offered up some very interesting tidbits
- The MyPillow guy hinting at martial law? That's apparently how it looked after a visit by Mike Lindell to the White House on Friday, when a
photographer caught a shot of the CEO's notes as he entered the West Wing. Jabin Botsford was the one who...
Proud Boys Leader:
'We're Going to
Take a Chill Pill'
Jan 15, 2021 1:00 AM CST
Proud Boys Leader: 'We're Going to Take a Chill Pill'
Henry 'Enrique' Tarrio says group will stay away from DC on Inauguration Day
- The leader of the Proud Boys has been banned from the nation's capital , and now he says the rest of the group is likely to stay away from Washington, DC, as well on Jan. 20. "We’re going to take a chill pill," Henry "Enrique" Tarrio,...
After 2nd Impeachment, Trump
Condemns Capitol Violence
Jan 13, 2021 5:50 PM CST
After 2nd Impeachment, Trump Condemns Capitol Violence
But he doesn't mention being impeached
- President Trump has released a video condemning the violent insurrection he fomented at the Capitol last week, per the AP . The video came out Wednesday after he was impeached by the House for a record second time, this time with Republican votes. Trump also called on his supporters to remain...
Before Impeachment, Trump
Issued Call to 'Ease Tensions'
Jan 13, 2021 4:30 PM CST
Before Impeachment, Trump Issued Call to 'Ease Tensions'
'There must be no violence,' he said
- A week after President Trump rallied a crowd of his supporters—some of whom went on to storm the US Capitol—with unfounded claims of election fraud and a declaration that, “You’ll never take back our country with weakness," he is urging calm amid reports of more...
Jan 11, 2021 3:48 AM CST
'Zip-Tie Guys' From Capitol Breach Arrested
Nashville and Texas men suspected of storming US Capitol during Wednesday's riot
- Two of the so-called alleged "zip-tie guys" from Wednesday's breach of the US Capitol have been arrested, CBS News reports. The FBI arrested Eric Gavelek Munchel, 30, of Nashville on Sunday, News Channel 5 reports. He was allegedly one of the men pictured inside the Capitol building carrying...
Capitol Police 'Left Naked'
Jan 10, 2021 5:20 PM CST
Capitol Police 'Left Naked' Despite Warnings
Police leaders stuck to the status quo in the face of threats
- Despite ample warnings about pro-Trump demonstrations in Washington, US Capitol Police did not bolster staffing on Wednesday and made no preparations for the possibility that the planned protests could escalate into massive violent riots, according to several people briefed on law enforcement's response. The revelations shed new light on...
Retired Air Force Colonel ID'd
as Member of Capitol Mob
Jan 10, 2021 4:43 PM CST
Retired Air Force Colonel ID'd as Member of Capitol Mob
Larry Rendall Brock, Jr., was shown holding zip-tie cuffs on the Senate floor
- There’s been a lot of chatter about the intentions of the “ zip-tie guys ,” who were part of a pro-Trump mob that stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday. They were photographed in the building clutching zip-tie handcuffs. One of them has now been identified as retired Air Force...
Lectern Guy, QAnon Shaman
Jan 9, 2021 12:45 PM CST
Lectern Guy, QAnon Shaman Among Arrests
They face charges in connection to Wednesday's Capitol violence
- You’ve seen the photograph: A guy wearing a Trump beanie smiles and waves in the US Capitol while holding House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s lectern. That man, identified as 36-year-old Adam Johnson of Parrish, Fla., was arrested Friday night and is being held on a federal warrant, NBC News...
Jan 9, 2021 12:00 PM CST
Video Shows Ashli Babbitt's Final Moments
The Air Force veteran was among Trump supporters storming the Capitol
- The Air Force veteran killed during the storming of the Capitol was shot as she began to climb through the broken part of a door leading into an area known as the Speaker's Lobby, videos posted online show. Minutes before the shooting Wednesday, the AP reports, the large crowd...
Impeachment Articles Charge
'Incitement of Insurrection'
Jan 9, 2021 10:29 AM CST
Impeachment Articles Charge 'Incitement of Insurrection'
They may be introduced as soon as Monday
- Impeachment, Part II, may be coming to the US House of Representatives as early as Monday. A four-page impeachment resolution drafted by a group of House Democrats charges President Trump with “incitement of insurrection,” for “willfully inciting violence against the government of the United States” after a...
A 'Day of Reckoning'
for Social Media
Jan 7, 2021 11:05 AM CST
A 'Day of Reckoning' for Social Media
Trump banned from FB, IG 'indefinitely,' while social media sees a 'reckoning' in general after DC riots
- On Wednesday, Twitter and Facebook locked down President Trump's social media accounts after inflammatory posts he made during a day marked by chaos and violence on Capitol Hill. On Thursday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg took things further. "The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that...
Looter in Viral
Pic in Pelosi's
Jan 7, 2021 7:03 AM CST
Looter in Viral Pic in Pelosi's Office Left Profane Note
Richard Barnett of Gravette, Ark., says he also took a souvenir but that he paid for it
- Amid the pro-Trump riot that left four dead in the nation's capital Wednesday was plenty of looting, and per the
New York Times
, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office was an especially popular target. One man in particular—seen in a picture that's now gone viral, lounging in...
Sharron Angle: We're Headed for Armed Revolt
Jun 16, 2010 11:16 AM CDT
Sharron Angle: We're Headed for Armed Revolt
Second Amendment lets people protect selves from 'tyranny'
- Democrats have fielded no shortage of crazy talk from Sharron Angle, the GOP candidate taking on Harry Reid, but here’s a doozy. In January, Angle actually floated the possibility of an armed conservative insurrection, Greg Sargent of the
reports. Asked about the Second Amendment on a right-wing...
Dead at 82
Sep 12, 2009 12:32 PM CDT
Early Castro Compatriot Almeida Dead at 82
Rebel leader coined revolutionary slogan 'Here, nobody surrenders!'
- One of the original leaders of the Cuban Revolution and a general in Fidel Castro’s military has died, the BBC reports. Juan Almeida Bosque, 82, was the third most senior member in Raul Castro’s Council of State and the only black member of the Cuban leadership. Almeida met...
Stories 21 - 34 |
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.