Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
17-Year-Old Caught After
Prison Break Does It Again
Nov 27, 2023 9:35 AM CST
17-Year-Old Caught After Prison Break Does It Again
David Atkins, 17, slipped out of Baton Rouge detention facility on Saturday with another teen
- Louisiana police have their hands full with a murder suspect, who has escaped youth jail there not once but twice this month. CBS News reports that two teens slipped out of the East Baton Rouge Juvenile Detention Center on Saturday night, though authorities aren't yet sure how. WAFB identifies...
3 Dead in Shooting
Blamed on Property Dispute
Nov 22, 2023 12:00 AM CST
3 Dead in Shooting Blamed on Property Dispute
Suspect captured after fleeing in Colorado, and another person is critically wounded
- A man was captured Tuesday after 25 hours on the run after police say he fatally shot three people and critically wounded a fourth in his latest property dispute with neighbors in rural Colorado, authorities said. The suspect, Hanme K. Clark, 45, was arrested by New Mexico State police near...
Man Looking for Recyclables
Makes Grim Find: Cops
Nov 9, 2023 10:30 AM CST
Man Looking for Recyclables Makes Grim Find: Cops
Authorities fear torso found in Encino dumpster may be lead in case of missing 3; man arrested
- Police officers who responded to a report of a women's torso in a dumpster in Encino, California, fear not just one life was lost, but three. Police have arrested a Tarzana man, whose wife and in-laws are missing, KNBC reports. A man who'd been searching for recyclables reported...
Cops: Woman Behind Fatal
Meal Also Tried to Kill Husband
Nov 3, 2023 12:03 PM CDT
Cops: Woman Behind Fatal Meal Also Tried to Kill Husband
Australian police say Erin Patterson attempted to do so 4 times, including with lethal mushrooms
- When police in Australia charged a woman this week with three counts of murder over poisonous mushrooms she served to guests, they added unspecified attempted murder charges as well. Now the details are out: Police say Erin Patterson tried to kill her estranged husband, Simon, four different times, reports the...
Natalee Holloway's Mom: You
'Finally Admitted' You Killed Her
Oct 18, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
Natalee Holloway's Mom: You 'Finally Admitted' You Killed Her
Joran van der Sloot signs plea deal in extortion case
- Eighteen years after 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was presumed killed during a high school graduation trip to Aruba, the man long suspected in her disappearance had to reveal all he knew about her fate. Appearing in Alabama court on Wednesday, Joran van der Sloot pleaded guilty to extortion and wire fraud;...
Multiple People Now 'on the
Radar' in JonBenet Case
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 30, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Cops in Colorado say they're looking into 'new persons of interest' in 1996 murder of 6-year-old
- It's been 27 years since 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered over the Christmas holiday in her Colorado home, with most of the leads on who killed her having gone cold over time. Now, however, Boulder police suggest they may be making advances on that front. "There are...
Man Allegedly Killed Neighbor's
Son Over Tree Trimming
Sep 20, 2023 2:20 PM CDT
Man Allegedly Killed Neighbor's Son Over Tree Trimming
Edward Druzolowski, 78, has been charged with 2nd-degree murder in death of Brian Ford
- A Florida man allegedly shot his neighbor's son Sunday after the two argued over tree trimming along a shared fence line. The Volusia Sheriff's Office wrote in a Facebook post that Brian Ford, 42, was trimming tree limbs along the fence line between 1880 and 1890 Alameda Drive...
DA: We Know Who Killed
the 'Lady of the Dunes'
Aug 29, 2023 8:29 AM CDT
DA: We Know Who Killed the 'Lady of the Dunes'
Authorities conclude Guy Rockwell Muldavin killed wife Ruth Marie Terry on Cape Cod in 1974
- Authorities in Massachusetts on Monday concluded a woman whose mutilated body was discovered on Cape Cod nearly 50 years ago was killed by her husband. The announcement by the Cape and Islands District Attorney Robert Galibois brings to a close one of the state's most famous cold cases, per...
Man Who Mocked Marriage on
Gets Life in Prison
Aug 15, 2023 11:23 AM CDT
Man Who Mocked Marriage on
Gets Life in Prison
Illinois' Timothy Bliefnick was found guilty in May of murdering his wife early this year
- A judge sentenced a former contestant on the television game show
to life in prison after he was convicted of first-degree murder and other charges in the slaying of his estranged wife in western Illinois. Timothy Bliefnick, 40, showed no reaction as Adams County Circuit Judge Robert Adrian...
Prosecutors: Dentist Who Killed
Wife Laced Her Protein Shakes
Jul 12, 2023 11:00 AM CDT
Prosecutors: Dentist Who Killed Wife Laced Her Protein Shakes
Dentist James Craig is accused of using arsenic, cyanide to kill wife
- Investigators say a Colorado dentist accused of killing his wife researched how to poison her and get away with it, searching online for answers to questions like "is arsenic detectable in autopsy?" On Wednesday, prosecutors are set to present their evidence against James Craig to a judge to show...
Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty
in Slayings of Idaho Students
Jun 26, 2023 5:25 PM CDT
Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty in Slayings of Idaho Students
Filing cites aggravating circumstances that could make Bryan Kohberger eligible for capital punishment if convicted
- Prosecutors filed a court notice Monday that they will seek the death penalty against Bryan Kohberger, who is charged with fatally stabbing four University of Idaho students in November. Madison Mogen, Kaylee Goncalves, Xana Kernodle, and Ethan Chapin were killed in their rental house across the street from campus. The...
Mom Held in
Told Cops: 'I Just
Want This Over'
Jun 15, 2023 10:15 AM CDT
Mom Held in Spouse's Murder Told Cops: 'I Just Want This Over'
Utah woman accused of poisoning husband wrote letter to authorities about her finances, marriage
- A mom who wrote a children's book about dealing with the grief of losing loved ones, penned after her own husband died, is now accused of killing him and she'll be sitting in jail for the duration of her trial. Kouri Richins, 33, was denied bail during a...
Jun 12, 2023 2:38 PM CDT
Murder Suspect's Search History Is Revealed
'(W)hat is a lethal dose of fentanyl,' wondered Kouri Richins, accused of poisoning husband
- A Utah woman accused of killing her husband had some dicey searches in her internet history, prosecutors say. CNN and Law & Crime round up some newly revealed examples in the case of Kouri Richins, a 33-year-old mother of three accused of deliberately lacing husband Eric Richins' cocktail with a...
'I Don't Want to
Live Life Anymore
May 31, 2023 11:43 AM CDT
'I Don't Want to Live Life Anymore Without Confessing'
Tony Peralta told police he couldn't live with the guilt of killing landlord 15 years ago
- Police officers found Tony Peralta earlier this month sitting on a curb not far from the convenience store in a small southeastern New Mexico community where he borrowed a cellphone—so he could call 911 and confess to killing his landlord 15 years earlier. Sweating and taking puffs from his...
Florida Killings Called
'Absolutely a Tragedy'
May 3, 2023 4:15 PM CDT
Florida Killings Called 'Absolutely a Tragedy'
Suspect dies in police shooting after 4 bodies found in Lake Wales apartment
- The discovery of four bodies inside a Florida apartment on Tuesday sparked a manhunt that ended early Wednesday when the suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting, according to Lake Wales police. "It's absolutely a tragedy," Police Chief Chris Velasquez tells WFTS . Officers were called to an...
Texas Governor Slammed for
Tweets After Mass Shooting
May 1, 2023 6:24 AM CDT
Texas Governor Slammed for Tweets After Mass Shooting
Gregg Abbott labels victims 'illegal immigrants'; reward for suspected gunman jumps to $80K
- On Saturday, Texas authorities had an idea where the suspect in a mass shooting that killed five Friday night might have been hiding out. By Sunday, that inkling had vanished. "We do not know where he is. We do not have any tips on where he may be,"...
2 Men Arrested in 1975
Murder of Indiana Teen
Feb 9, 2023 9:45 AM CST
2 Men Arrested in 1975 Murder of Indiana Teen
Laurel Jean Mitchell's body was found nearly 50 years ago, and the case had gone cold
- Almost half a century ago, 17-year-old Laurel Jean Mitchell was killed in Indiana. Her case had gone cold since, but now, thanks partially to a DNA match, two arrests have finally been made. At a Tuesday news conference, Indiana State Police announced that Fred Bandy Jr., 67, and John Wayne...
Former UConn Student
Pleads Guilty to 2020 Murder
Feb 9, 2023 9:20 AM CST
Former UConn Student Pleads Guilty to 2020 Murder
Peter Manfredonia faces 55-year sentence
- Former University of Connecticut student Peter Manfredonia has pleaded guilty to crimes including murder and home invasion in connection with a crime spree that killed two people in 2020. Authorities say the 26-year-old will be sentenced to 55 years in prison under a deal agreed to by families and surviving...
Club Q Suspect Slammed
With 305 Criminal Counts
Dec 6, 2022 11:37 AM CST
Club Q Suspect Slammed With 305 Criminal Counts
Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, faces murder, hate crime charges after Colorado Springs shooting
- The suspect accused of entering a Colorado gay nightclub clad in body armor and opening fire with an AR-15-style rifle, killing five people and wounding at least 17 others, was charged by prosecutors Tuesday with 305 criminal counts, including hate crimes and murder. Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, sat upright in...
From Her Home.
A FedEx Driver Has
Dec 3, 2022 7:00 AM CST
She Vanished From Her Home. A FedEx Driver Has Been Arrested
Tanner Lynn Horner is accused of abducting Athena Strand, 7, from her Texas home, killing her
- After an intense search for a missing girl involving the FBI, the US Marshals Service, the Texas Rangers Division, and the state's Department of Family and Protective Services, grim news out of North Texas. At a Friday night press conference , Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin announced that the body...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.