Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Has Beef With
Jul 7, 2023 12:34 PM CDT
Jack Dorsey Has Beef With Meta's Threads
Co-founder complains that Meta just ripped off his creation
- There are legions of people bemoaning Mark Zuckerberg's new "Twitter killer" app (and millions of others signing on to it at a dizzying rate ), Threads , and one of them is predictably Jack Dorsey. The co-founder and former CEO of aforementioned Twitter griped about Meta ripping off his...
Former Twitter CEO Says
He Endorses RFK Jr.
Jun 5, 2023 6:50 PM CDT
Former Twitter CEO Says He Endorses RFK Jr.
Candidate's Twitter Spaces chat was relatively glitch-free
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. appears to be the man of the moment for Twitter CEOs past and present. Former CEO Jack Dorsey endorsed the presidential candidate on Sunday after tweeting a video of him telling a Fox interviewer that he could beat Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis if he wins...
Apr 30, 2023 7:55 AM CDT
Jack Dorsey Isn't Happy With Elon Musk's Twitter
Dorsey believes Musk should've backed out of the deal
- Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey once believed Elon Musk was on a "mission to extend the light of consciousness" through the Tesla billionaire's purchase of the social media giant. In recent comments made on his Bluesky Twitter clone, reports the
, Dorsey executed a sharp pullback. TechCrunch excerpted...
in One Day
Mar 24, 2023 12:59 AM CDT
Jack Dorsey Loses $526M in One Day
It's his biggest single-day plunge since May
- Within hours of a scathing report from short seller Hindenburg Research accusing Jack Dorsey's company Block of inflating its user numbers and ignoring fraud, among other things, Dorsey's net worth had taken a $526 million nosedive, per NDTV , which cites the Bloomberg Billionaires Index . The 11% plunge left...
Mar 23, 2023 11:30 AM CDT
Scathing Report Accuses Jack Dorsey of Fraud
Short seller Hindenburg says his Block mobile payment company has inflated user numbers
- Earlier this year, the short seller Hindenburg Research accused an Indian conglomerate of shady business practices and caused its stock to plunge. On Thursday, Hindenburg was giving the same treatment to Jack Dorsey, the former CEO of Twitter who now runs the mobile payment company Block. Hindenburg says Block, formerly...
Dorsey: Twitter Mistakes
Were 'My Fault Alone'
Dec 14, 2022 4:27 PM CST
Dorsey: Twitter Mistakes Were 'My Fault Alone'
He condemns attacks on former colleagues, says files should have been released 'Wikileaks-style'
- Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey is pushing back—relatively gently—against some of the decisions Elon Musk has made at Twitter, while acknowledging he made mistakes of his own. In a blog post , Dorsey, who stepped down as CEO just over a year ago, set out the principles he now believes...
Jack Dorsey Apologizes
to Twitter Employees
Nov 5, 2022 3:30 PM CDT
Jack Dorsey Apologizes to Twitter Employees
Co-founder says he expanded the company too fast
- Jack Dorsey tweeted his regrets Saturday for the mass layoffs at Twitter, saying he expanded the company too rapidly. A day after new owner Elon Musk began cutting half of Twitter's workforce, the company's co-founder tweeted a message to the "past and present" staff, CNBC reports. "...
Elon Musk Gives
Twitter Investors Hope
May 26, 2022 12:54 AM CDT
Elon Musk Gives Twitter Investors Hope
As Jack Dorsey leaves the company's board of directors
- Jack Dorsey left Twitter's board of directors Wednesday, in a move that had been planned and announced when Dorsey resigned as CEO in November. Dorsey is the last of the social network's founders to cut formal ties with the company, NBC News reports. His term on the board...
Guy Tries to Sell Dorsey NFT
for $50M, Gets High Bid of $280
Apr 14, 2022 9:05 AM CDT
Guy Tries to Sell Dorsey NFT for $50M, Gets High Bid of $280
Auction didn't go well for crypto businessman Sina Estavi, who bought Dorsey's first tweet for $2.9M
Some people flip houses; others, NFTs. But for Sina Estavi, his attempt to pull off the latter didn't bring in the return on investment he'd hoped for. Last year, the CEO of blockchain firm Bridge Oracle scooped up the non-fungible token of Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey's...
Dec 2, 2021 7:59 AM CST
Goodbye, Square. Hello, Block
Payments company headed up by Jack Dorsey gets a name change
- It's been a big week for Jack Dorsey, who announced he's stepping down as CEO of Twitter because "the company is ready to move on from its founders." Now, news on the other firm he heads up, the financial services and payments company Square Inc.: It'...
Jack Dorsey: Yes,
I'm Leaving Twitter
Nov 29, 2021 10:29 AM CST
Jack Dorsey: Yes, I'm Leaving Twitter
CEO confirms that he's leaving his post, effective immediately
This file has been updated throughout with confirmation of early reports
.) Jack Dorsey is leaving his role as CEO of Twitter. After CNBC reported the news on Monday, Twitter and Dorsey himself confirmed. "I've decided to leave Twitter because I believe the company is ready to...
Got a Warning
About Coup ...
From a Prince
Nov 10, 2021 2:51 AM CST
Jack Dorsey Got a Warning About Coup ... From a Prince
Prince Harry says he sent Twitter boss an email on Jan. 5, never got a reply
- On Jan. 5, Prince Harry sent Jack Dorsey an email. "I warned him his platform was allowing a coup to be staged," the British royal said at the virtual RE:WIRED conference Tuesday. The following day, a mob stormed the US Capitol, and Harry says he never got...
Buyers Bid Millions For
Jack Dorsey's First Tweet
Mar 7, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Buyers Bid Millions For Jack Dorsey's First Tweet
Offers for the Twitter co-founder's post have reached $2.5M
- Jack Dorsey's first ever tweet is up for auction and bids have reached $2.5 million. You read that right, someone wants to offer about what some Americans might earn in a lifetime for the Twitter co-founder's 2006 message "just setting up my twttr." And it'...
Twitter CEO: Trump Ban
Represents a 'Failure'
Jan 14, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Twitter CEO: Trump Ban Represents a 'Failure'
But Jack Dorsey says it was still the right move
- Jack Dorsey mused in a long Twitter thread Wednesday over one question: Was the social media network's banning of President Trump the right move? Ultimately, the Twitter CEO says that it was, because "offline harm as a result of online speech is demonstrably real," and there were...
Twitter Might Want
to Think This Through
Jan 9, 2021 5:10 PM CST
Twitter Might Want to Think This Through
Columnist writes the implications are many, surely, but unclear
- Twitter's decision to permanently bar President Trump is in opposition to a decades-long movement to banish media filters. It raises many questions, John Harris writes in Politico , and he poses the first one to Twitter itself: "Are you sure about this?" The implications of Twitter's move aren'...
Facebook, Twitter CEOs
Face Angry GOP Senators
Nov 17, 2020 7:03 PM CST
Facebook, Twitter CEOs Face Angry GOP Senators
Lawmakers accused them of anti-conservative bias
- Two social media CEOs appeared for another grilling by a Senate panel Tuesday, with senators from both parties expressing concerns about their content moderation policies. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey appeared remotely at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, where Republican lawmakers accused them of anti-conservative bias,...
Ted Cruz to Twitter CEO:
'Who the Hell Elected You?'
Oct 28, 2020 1:28 PM CDT
Ted Cruz to Twitter CEO: 'Who the Hell Elected You?'
He accuses Dorsey of committing felony
- Sen. Ted Cruz gave Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey an earful at a testy Senate Commerce Committee hearing Wednesday. The Republican slammed Dorsey over the company's decision to restrict tweets relating to a controversial
New York Post
story about Hunter Biden , the
reports. "Mr. Dorsey, who the hell...
Oct 15, 2020 1:38 PM CDT
Controversy Widens Over
Story on Bidens
Senate panel plans to subpoena Twitter CEO over restrictions on story
- The controversy over a
New York Post
story about Joe and Hunter Biden is apparently not going to fade quickly. The Senate Judiciary Committee plans to vote next week to subpoena Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey over the site's decision to restrict tweets and retweets about the story, reports the...
Twitter in 'Very Early Phases'
of Building Subscription Model
Jul 24, 2020 9:18 AM CDT
Twitter in 'Very Early Phases' of Building Subscription Model
Jack Dorsey says test version will be out this year
- With ad revenues down sharply, Twitter is looking at another way of making money: getting people to pay for using Twitter. CEO Jack Dorsey says the company is in the "very, very early phases of exploring" a subscription plan for the social media site and will likely launch a...
Twitter CEO Announces New
Company Holiday 'Forevermore'
Jun 10, 2020 8:42 AM CDT
Twitter CEO Announces New Company Holiday 'Forevermore'
Jack Dorsey says Twitter will make Juneteenth an official company holiday for US workers
- As company after company puts out ads and sends out emails expressing their support for black Americans in the wake of the killing of George Floyd ,
notes that some, especially in the tech world, have been slammed for being all talk, no action. Twitter is looking to separate itself...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.