Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Junot Díaz Denies Allegations
of Sexual Misconduct
Jul 1, 2018 5:00 PM CDT
Junot Díaz Denies Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
The Pulitzer Prize winner has been accused of inappropriate behavior by multiple women
- Author Junot Diaz has given an interview following allegations of sexual misconduct from multiple women. In the sit-down with the
Boston Globe ,
Pulitzer Prize winner denied, point blank, all accusations that he behaved inappropriately. “I was shocked,” Díaz said. “I was, like, 'Yo, this...
Junot Diaz Cleared to
Return to MIT Classroom
Jun 18, 2018 7:00 PM CDT
Junot Diaz Cleared to Return to MIT Classroom
The author has been cleared of wrongdoing stemming from allegations of sexual misconduct
- A Massachusetts Institute of Technology investigation cleared Pulitzer Prize-winning author and creative writing professor Junot Diaz to return to the classroom this fall. The inquiry into Diaz's actions toward female students and staff yielded no information that would lead to restrictions on Diaz's role as a faculty member...
Editors Resign After Magazine
Retains Author Junot Diaz
Jun 11, 2018 6:00 PM CDT
Editors Resign After Magazine Retains Author Junot Diaz
The Pulitzer Prize winning writer has been accused of sexual misconduct
- Three editors at the Boston Review are resigning over the political and literary magazine's decision to retain author Junot Diaz despite allegations of sexual misconduct . Poetry editors Timothy Donnelly, Barbara Fischer and Stefania Heim said on Twitter last week they're "dismayed" at the logic behind keeping Diaz...
Author Junot Diaz's Legacy
Just Got More Complicated
May 4, 2018 4:18 PM CDT
Author Junot Diaz's Legacy Just Got More Complicated
Several women have accused the Pulitzer Prize winner of sexual misconduct, verbal abuse
- Junot Diaz is the latest high-profile figure to be accused of abusive behavior by women. Several have come forward detailing disturbing encounters with the Pulitzer Prize-winning author, as reported in the Cut .
What We Lose
author Zinzi Clemmons tweets that Diaz forcibly cornered and kissed her at a workshop. National...
Author Junot Diaz: My
Childhood Rape Took Huge Toll
Apr 9, 2018 1:00 PM CDT
Author Junot Diaz: My Childhood Rape Took Huge Toll
Pulitzer winner is talking about the assault for the first time decades later
- Junot Diaz won the 2008 Pulitzer for his novel
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
, but what fans didn't know at the time was that his personal life was going off the rails—all because of something that happened to him as a child. In a
Amy Tan Sign
May 25, 2016 7:55 AM CDT
Stephen King, Amy Tan Sign Writers' Petition Against Trump
Hundreds of writers "oppose, unequivocally, the candidacy of Donald J. Trump"
- Ben Carson and Chris Christie are apparently Donald Trump fans (and Paul Ryan's still not sure ), but count Stephen King, Amy Tan, and Junot Diaz among those who definitely fall into the "Dump Trump" camp. They're among the hundreds of writers who've signed an...
5 Writers Even Slower
Than George RR Martin
May 11, 2014 1:40 PM CDT
5 Writers Even Slower Than George RR Martin
JRR Tolkien, Junot Diaz couldn't match pace of Game of Thrones books
- Fans are impatient for George RR Martin's next installment in
A Song of Ice and Fire
, the book series behind
Game of Thrones
. But instead of getting on his case, let's consider some authors who take even longer to write a book than he does. Yohana Desta offers...
MacArthur Genius Winner:
I Thought it Was a Robocall
Oct 2, 2012 7:23 AM CDT
MacArthur Genius Winner: I Thought it Was a Robocall
2012 fellows announced
- Mandolin player Chris Thile kept getting phone calls from the 312 area code, refusing to answer them because he assumed they were political robocalls. Finally, after listening to one of the mysterious messages—"Don't tell anyone about this call"—he had his tour manager look up the...
Writers Pick Best Books of '09
Year in Review
Dec 11, 2009 3:40 PM CST
Writers Pick Best Books of '09
Nick Hornby, Judy Blume, and more weigh in
- What was the best book of the year? Salon asked Nick Hornby, Junot Diaz, Curtis Sittenfeld, and other people with better literary credentials than ours what they enjoyed in 2009. Their responses are in the photo gallery.
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.