Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Convicted Leaker Insists
'I Am Not a Traitor'
Jul 25, 2022 6:14 PM CDT
Convicted Leaker Insists 'I Am Not a Traitor'
Reality Winner released US report on Russian election interference
- A former intelligence contractor convicted of espionage has explained her thought process in leaking classified documents. "I am not a traitor. I am not a spy," Reality Winner told CBS'
in an interview that aired Sunday. Winner, a contractor for the National Security Agency, was arrested...
Man Sentenced for
Shooting Woman in
Fight About 2016 Election
Dec 29, 2021 5:28 PM CST
Man Sentenced for Shooting Woman in Fight About 2016 Election
John McVoy also shot one of his bandmates
- A California man who injured a bandmate and killed the man's wife during an argument over the 2016 election will be in prison for the next eight presidential elections. John Kevin McVoy Jr., 40, was sentenced to 35 years to life Monday for the Jan 10, 2017, murder of...
FBI Raids DC, NYC Homes
of Oligarch With Ties to Putin
Oct 19, 2021 3:31 PM CDT
FBI Raids DC, NYC Homes of Oligarch With Ties to Putin
Aluminum tycoon Oleg Deripaska has also done business with Paul Manafort
- The FBI raided homes linked to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska Tuesday. The agency didn’t say why they carried out the raids or what they were looking for, saying through a spokesperson only that they were carrying out a "court-authorized law enforcement activity," at a mansion near Embassy...
Oct 4, 2021 9:30 AM CDT
Trump Wants Pulitzers Yanked After 'Politically Motivated Farce'
Ex-president claims 'NYT,' 'WaPo' reporting on Russian interference in 2016 election was 'shoddy'
- Former President Trump is still fuming about the investigation into whether his campaign colluded with the Russians before the 2016 election, and now he wants repercussions for two newspapers that reported on it and jointly won the Pulitzer for national reporting in 2018. The former president released a statement Sunday...
Election Feature That
'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
Oct 24, 2020 3:00 PM CDT
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
America can say goodbye to 'the Needle'
- The one thing most likely to conjure nightmares of the 2016 election night for opponents of President Trump is the Needle, the AP reports. A graphic on the
New York Times
' website, the Needle measured in real time the probability of victory for Trump or Hillary Clinton as votes...
In Interview, Anthony Weiner
Addresses Political Past, Future
Oct 20, 2020 11:32 AM CDT
In Interview, Anthony Weiner Addresses Political Past, Future
Former NY congressman says he's bounced back from his 'worst moments'
- At a rally in Arizona Monday, President Trump pushed a negative narrative about Hunter Biden, comparing allegations about contents supposedly found on Biden's laptop to the 2016 controversy involving former Rep. Anthony Weiner, who was caught sexting with a teen girl , as well as with emails on his laptop...
Senate Panel: Yes, Russia
Interfered in 2016 Election
Aug 18, 2020 11:16 AM CDT
Senate Panel: Yes, Russia Interfered in 2016 Election
But it reaches no conclusion on whether the Trump campaign conspired with Kremlin
- Russia launched an aggressive effort to interfere in the 2016 election on behalf of Donald Trump, and Trump associates who were in regular touch with Russians throughout the campaign were eager to benefit from the help, a Senate panel concluded Tuesday in the fifth and final report in its investigation,...
Wants to Subpoena
Russia Probe Officials
May 19, 2020 1:21 AM CDT
Lindsey Graham Wants to Subpoena Russia Probe Officials
Senator schedules vote that would allow him to subpoena more than 50 officials
- Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham is scheduling a vote that would allow him to subpoena more than 50 current and former officials who were involved in the Justice Department’s investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 US presidential campaign, as President Trump and his allies have launched a...
Here's the Real
Mar 4, 2020 6:01 PM CST
Here's the Real Face Behind Trump's Victory
Brad Parscale's brash digital-media campaign helped Trump win in 2016
- Know Brad Parscale? He's six-foot-eight with a big beard and a bigger reputation—as the digital-media guru who somehow made Donald Trump president. "I understood early that Facebook was how Donald Trump was going to win," he said a few years ago. "Facebook was the method—...
Hillary Has More
to Say About Bernie
Feb 1, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Hillary Has More to Say About Bernie
Clinton says Sanders didn't unify the Democratic party after 2016 primary
- Hillary Clinton is not done talking about Bernie Sanders. The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said in a podcast interview that aired Friday that Sanders didn't try to unify the party after losing the primary to her four years ago and that he and his supporters contributed to her loss...
Trump's Midwest Support
Hasn't Fallen 'One Inch': Moore
Dec 27, 2019 4:30 PM CST
Trump's Midwest Support Hasn't Fallen 'One Inch': Moore
If today were Election Day, foe says, president would win again
- Michael Moore isn't happy about it, but he says that if the presidential election were held now, Donald Trump would win again—the same way. The Michigan filmmaker said Trump would lose the popular vote but win the Electoral College, as he did in 2016, Fox News reports. The...
Aug 24, 2019 12:05 PM CDT
Taylor Swift's Political 'Awakening' Reaches a New Level
The singer/songwriter sits down with the 'Guardian'
- When it comes to politics, Taylor Swift isn't in the best of moods. The 29-year-old singer/songwriter tells the
about her latest thoughts on President Trump, abortion, and her own mental health—all of which have rung alarm bells for her. She describes the US political climate as "...
Clinton Fires Back After Trump
Shares 2016 Election Theory
Aug 20, 2019 6:40 AM CDT
Clinton Fires Back After Trump Shares 2016 Election Theory
He blames Google for 2016 popular vote loss
- Losing the popular vote in 2016 apparently still stings for President Trump, who repeated a claim Monday that undecided voters ended up choosing Hillary Clinton because of search engine bias. "Wow, Report Just Out! Google manipulated from 2.6 million to 16 million votes for Hillary Clinton in 2016...
Report: Russia Hack Infiltrated
Election Systems in Every State
Jul 26, 2019 7:03 AM CDT
Report: Russia Hack Infiltrated Election Systems in Every State
Senate Intelligence Committee report outlines a 'cascading intelligence failure,' per 'NYT'
- On Wednesday, ex-special counsel Robert Mueller testified Russia was gearing up to again meddle in US elections. On Thursday, a bipartisan report released by the Senate Intelligence Committee further details just why Mueller's statement is so concerning. The standout point of the first volume of the panel's findings:...
Fla. Gov: Russians Hacked
2 Counties' Voting Systems
May 15, 2019 2:50 AM CDT
Fla. Gov: Russians Hacked 2 Counties' Voting Systems
He says the FBI won't let him say which 2
- Florida's governor says Russian hackers breached voter databases in two counties during the 2016 election—but he's not allowed to say which two. At a press conference Tuesday, Gov. Ron DeSantis said FBI and Homeland Security officials asked him to sign a nondisclosure agreement, Politico reports. He said...
Sanders Says God Wanted
Trump to Be President
Jan 31, 2019 2:08 AM CST
Sanders Says God Wanted Trump to Be President
'That's why he's there'
- President Trump is in the White House because that's where God wants him, according to Sarah Sanders. The White House press secretary told the Christian Broadcasting Network in an interview aired Wednesday that she believes the Trump presidency is part of God's plan. "I think God calls...
for Spread of Fake
News on Facebook
Jan 10, 2019 10:20 AM CST
Seniors Cited for Spread of Fake News on Facebook
Users 65 and older share more fake articles than any other group: study
- The worst spreaders of fake news across Facebook aren't the young'uns you'd expect to be glued to social media. Facebook users older than 65 share the most—almost seven times as many bogus articles as those ages 18 to 29, according to research by NYU and Princeton....
Trump Team Sought Israeli
Firm's Help to Defeat 'Bear'
Oct 9, 2018 7:43 AM CDT
Trump Team Sought Israeli Firm's Help to Defeat 'Bear'
Mueller looks into Rick Gates' outreach to intel company Psy-Group to wage online attacks
- Robert Mueller is looking into the Trump campaign's discussions with an Israeli intelligence firm to go after opponents in the 2016 election campaign, reports the
New York Times
. Specifically, campaign official Rick Gates asked a company called Psy-Group—made up mostly of former Israeli intelligence agents—for proposals on...
Another 'Incendiary' Book
on Trump Hits Shelves
Sep 24, 2018 8:30 AM CDT
Another 'Incendiary' Book on Trump Hits Shelves
This one argues that Russians did indeed turn the election
- Another book on the Trump presidency is coming out, and it won't be received well at the White House. In fact, it "promises to be incendiary," writes Jane Mayer at the
. The title should explain why:
Cyberwar: How Russian Hackers and Trolls Helped Elect a
Is in Crisis'
Sep 17, 2018 3:58 AM CDT
Hillary Clinton: 'Our Democracy Is in Crisis'
She says Trump is as bad as she feared
- After President Trump's election victory in 2016, "I hoped that my fears for our future were overblown," Hillary Clinton writes in a blistering essay in the
. "They were not." In the essay, Clinton slams the "unspeakable" and "monstrous" actions of Trump's...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secret Recording of Pope Is Played in Court
Trump Says He Didn't Know White Nationalist He Dined With
Frontier Airlines Has Ditched Telephone Customer Service
He Mountain Biked an Iconic 27-Mile Trail—Uphill
They Worked on an Execution, and Suffered for It
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.