Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
Never Thought He'd Win
Nov 27, 2017 10:50 AM CST
Melania Trump Never Thought He'd Win
'She didn't want this come hell or high water,' an insider tells 'Vanity Fair'
- Count Melania Trump among those surprised that her husband won the presidency. A profile of the first lady at
quotes two insiders who say that Melania gave Donald Trump an ultimatum of sorts: Either run for the presidency or stop brooding about it. "She was very clearly...
Trump Jr.'s Messages
to WikiLeaks Leaked
Nov 14, 2017 6:03 AM CST
Trump Jr.'s Messages to WikiLeaks Leaked
He responded to organization 3 times
- Donald Trump Jr. privately communicated with WikiLeaks on Twitter before and after last year's election, receiving requests that ran from the reasonable to making Julian Assange ambassador to Australia. Trump Jr. released the exchanges on Twitter on Monday night after they were leaked to the
, which reported that...
'Go to Hell'
Nov 5, 2017 3:58 PM CST
Donna Brazile to Critics: 'Go to Hell'
Former DNC chair says she won't be quiet
- Donna Brazile has strong words for anyone who wishes she'd kept quiet instead of airing her implication that the Democratic National Committee essentially rigged the 2016 presidential primary for Hillary Clinton. "George, for those who are telling the me to shut up, they told Hillary that a couple...
Popular Blogger Didn't Exist,
Created by Russian Troll Farm
Nov 3, 2017 2:13 PM CDT
Popular Blogger Didn't Exist, Created by Russian Troll Farm
'Jenna Abrams' and her alt-right views often went viral
- The Daily Beast offers a fascinating look at one of the creations of the Russian troll farm that sought to influence the US presidential election: a fake blogger whose online persona was painstakingly crafted starting in 2014. "Jenna Abrams" had a Twitter account, a Medium page, a GoFundMe page,...
Donna Brazile Suggests DNC
Rigged Nomination for Clinton
Nov 2, 2017 11:00 AM CDT
Donna Brazile Suggests DNC Rigged Nomination for Clinton
Hillary's campaign asserted control of party finances long before she was nominee
- Donna Brazile is out with a withering account alleging that the Democratic National Committee worked in cahoots with the Hillary Clinton campaign to make sure Clinton ended up as the nominee. The account, headlined "Inside Hillary Clinton's Secret Takeover of the DNC," is excerpted from an upcoming...
House GOP to Investigate FBI's
Handling of Clinton Email Probe
Oct 24, 2017 1:28 PM CDT
House GOP to Investigate FBI's Handling of Clinton Email Probe
Chairmen of 2 committees have questions about DOJ's actions during 2016 election
- The Republican chairmen of two House committees announced Tuesday they're opening an investigation into actions the Obama administration's Justice Department took during last year's presidential election, the AP reports. The chairmen said in a statement Tuesday they have several questions, including why then-FBI Director James Comey decided...
House of Cards
Trolls About American Politics
Oct 16, 2017 6:45 PM CDT
House of Cards
Taught Russian Trolls About American Politics
One way to better understand the American mindset
- Members of the so-called "troll factory" that Russian President Vladimir Putin employed to influence the 2016 presidential election were required to watch
House of Cards
as part of their training in US politics, Yahoo reports. In a television interview broadcast Sunday by the independent Russian TV station Rain, a...
Election Fraud Staffer
Busted for Child Porn
Oct 15, 2017 2:25 PM CDT
Election Fraud Staffer Busted for Child Porn
Ronald Williams II was working on Trump's Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity
- Donald Trump's already controversial Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity took another hit this week when a man working on the commission was arrested on child pornography charges. Ronald Williams II, of Suitland, Md., was arrested late last week by Maryland State Police after they followed a tip indicating...
Pence Pick Is 'the
Price We Pay'
Oct 11, 2017 7:21 AM CDT
Bannon Emails: Pence Pick Is 'the Price We Pay'
He called Trump's vice presidential selection 'an unfortunate necessity'
- Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon referred to Mike Pence as "an unfortunate necessity" during the 2016 presidential election. Responding to an email from former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos, who asked Bannon's thoughts on Pence on the day he was announced as Trump's running mate, Breitbart'...
Looks Like the Russians Took
Advantage of Google, Too
Oct 9, 2017 8:21 AM CDT
Looks Like the Russians Took Advantage of Google, Too
Company finds 2016 election ads on YouTube, elsewhere, bought by Russians
- In the tech world, Facebook and Twitter have taken the brunt of the criticism for allowing Russia to meddle in the 2016 election. Now, we can add Google to the list. The company conducted its own investigation and found that tens of thousands of dollars worth of ads bought by...
Favored Twitter for
Sep 28, 2017 9:50 AM CDT
Russia Might've Favored Twitter for Election Meddling
Research suggests Russian-linked accounts are still sowing discord
- Facebook is taking most of the flak regarding Russian social media influence during and after the 2016 presidential election, but Twitter might be more deserving. Citing research by the Alliance for Securing Democracy , the
New York Times
notes "there is evidence that Twitter may have been used even more...
Federal Government Notifies
21 States of Election Hacking
Sep 22, 2017 6:13 PM CDT
Federal Government Notifies 21 States of Election Hacking
Most systems weren't breached ahead of 2016 election
- The federal government on Friday told election officials in 21 states that hackers targeted their systems last year, although in most cases the systems were not breached, the AP reports. The government said last year that more than 20 states were targeted by hackers believed to be Russian agents before...
Facebook Will Hand Over
Russian Ads to Congress
Sep 21, 2017 3:10 PM CDT
Facebook Will Hand Over Russian Ads to Congress
Company says it wants to help with a 'full accounting'
- Facebook is reversing course and will turn turn over to Congress copies of ads bought by Russians in the 2016 election. The company had previously balked on doing so over privacy concerns but has changed course after what Mark Zuckerberg called “an extensive legal and policy review," per...
Clinton Again Notes US Firm's
Role in Tainted Kenya Vote
Sep 20, 2017 7:03 AM CDT
Clinton Again Notes US Firm's Role in Tainted Kenya Vote
Cambridge Analytica is owned by Mercer family, Trump supporters
- Hillary Clinton is clarifying: She doesn't intend to contest the 2016 election. The issue made headlines this week after Clinton told NPR that she wouldn't rule out challenging the legitimacy of the outcome if investigators prove Russia played a major role. In a followup talk with Mic , Clinton...
Sep 18, 2017 2:14 PM CDT
Clinton Won't Rule Out Challenging Election Validity
Although she tells NPR she doesn't think there's any avenue to do that
- Hillary Clinton's latest interview to plug her memoir might be the most provocative yet. In response to a question, Clinton tells Terry Gross of NPR that she would not rule out challenging the legitimacy of the 2016 election because of Russian interference. However, Clinton adds that she doesn't...
Lawyers: Weiner's Teen Sexting
Victim Wanted to Sway Election
Sep 14, 2017 8:53 AM CDT
Lawyers: Weiner's Teen Sexting Victim Wanted to Sway Election
Though ex-congressman's attorneys also referenced his own 'operatic self-destruction'
- Disgraced ex-New York congressman Anthony Weiner is no predator and should be spared prison at his sentencing for sexting with a North Carolina teen who dreamed of affecting the US presidential election, his lawyers told a judge on Wednesday. Per the AP , the submission in Manhattan federal court referenced "...
Clinton Has 'No Doubt'
Trump Team Helped Russians
Sep 12, 2017 5:21 AM CDT
Clinton Has 'No Doubt' Trump Team Helped Russians
'Putin wanted me to lose and wanted Trump to win'
- Hillary Clinton blames a lot of people for her election loss in new book
including herself—and Vladimir Putin. She says that she is now "convinced" that there was collusion between members of President Trump's campaign team and Russians seeking to meddle in the election. "...
It's Becoming Clear: Facebook
Gave Presidency to Trump
Sep 8, 2017 7:07 AM CDT
It's Becoming Clear: Facebook Gave Presidency to Trump
The evidence is stacking up, writes Washington Post media columnist
- The idea that Facebook helped Donald Trump become president—an idea once dismissed by Mark Zuckerberg as "pretty crazy"—now looks anything but, writes media columnist Margaret Sullivan at the
. With the latest revelation that Facebook sold ads to a Russian "troll farm," it'...
Trump Jr. to Make First Capitol
Appearance in Russia Probe
Sep 7, 2017 7:03 AM CDT
Trump Jr. to Make First Capitol Appearance in Russia Probe
President's oldest son will appear before Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday
- President Trump's oldest son is set for his first appearance on Capitol Hill on Thursday as part of a Senate probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and a meeting he had with Russians during the campaign. Donald Trump Jr. will be interviewed by staff on the Senate...
$100K in Pre-Election Facebook
Ads Tied to Russian 'Troll Farm'
Sep 6, 2017 6:23 PM CDT
$100K in Pre-Election Facebook Ads Tied to Russian 'Troll Farm'
Facebook says the ads promoted 'divisive' political views to voters
- Facebook says a Russian "troll farm" appears to have spent $100,000 on 3,300 digital ads targeting American voters in the lead up to the 2016 presidential election, the
reports. While some of the ads expressly mentioned Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, the majority simply promoted...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
US Soldier Who Crossed Into North Korea Back in US Custody
Family Decries Cyclist's 'Sick' Murder by Laughing Teens
When a Bear Came, Mom Knew What to Do
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.