Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
of Japan to Wed
... and Become
May 16, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
Princess Mako of Japan to Wed ... and Become a Commoner
The 25-year-old will marry former classmate Kei Komuro
- Princess Mako, the granddaughter of Japan's emperor, is getting married to an ocean lover who can ski, play the violin, and cook. The news comes via public broadcaster NHK TV and has been confirmed by the Imperial Household Agency, reports the
. Kei Komuro, the man who won...
Slice of Diana's
Sells for $1.4K
Aug 30, 2014 6:16 AM CDT
Slice of Diana's Wedding Cake Sells for $1.4K
It's 33 years old now
- Somewhere out there is what the
calls a "passionate group of royal cake collectors." And one member of that group shelled out $1,375 this week for a 33-year-old slice of cake served at Charles and Diana's wedding in 1981. "With best wishes from Their...
Made Us Rip Up
Wedding Guest List
May 22, 2012 8:46 AM CDT
Wills: Grandma Made Us Rip Up Wedding Guest List
Prince talks about Queen Elizabeth in new interview
- When Prince William first started planning his wedding to Kate Middleton, he was handed the original guest list, with 777 names on it—"not one person I knew or Catherine knew," he reveals in an ITV1 documentary about Queen Elizabeth airing next month. He took the list to...
In Bhutan, a Lavish
Oct 13, 2011 9:01 AM CDT
In Bhutan, a Lavish Royal Wedding
Thousands of villagers attend extravagant reception
- The wedding of King Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck, Bhutan’s fifth Dragon King, was an extravagant affair outside a sacred 17th century monastery fortress, featuring dancers performing traditional routines, singers chanting celebratory songs, and a procession of monks and flag bearers leading the soon-to-be-queen inside. Even so, there were no...
Lagerfeld: Royal Wedding
a Sea of 'Fat Legs'
Sep 9, 2011 12:23 PM CDT
Lagerfeld: Royal Wedding a Sea of 'Fat Legs'
Chanel designer also divulges his love for DSK
- Karl Lagerfeld, never one to mince words , was apparently
a fan of the fashion he saw at the royal wedding. It was a mess of “bad proportions,” “ugly hats,” and “short skirts on fat legs,” the Chanel designer said recently, recalling his stint...
Jul 30, 2011 8:08 AM CDT
Royals Celebrate Another Wedding
Zara Phillips, queen's eldest granddaughter, to marry rugby star
- Three months after the Royal Wedding, the Windsors are gathering for a royal wedding: Zara Phillips, Queen Elizabeth's oldest granddaughter, today will marry British rugby star Mike Tindall in a quiet ceremony in Edinburgh, reports the BBC . The ceremony marks the first royal wedding in Scotland since the second...
Charlene, Albert on
Jul 13, 2011 10:48 AM CDT
Charlene, Albert on Hellish Honeymoon
Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock don't seem to be having much fun
- Not too surprising considering the bride supposedly tried to flee three times , but newlyweds Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock don't appear to be all that blissful on their honeymoon. A fantastically British ABC News correspondent describes Wittstock as appearing to be "sucking on a lemon" in all the...
Tried to Flee
Jul 4, 2011 4:28 AM CDT
Monaco Princess Tried to Flee Wedding
Wittstock spooked by Prince Albert's growing number of out-of-wedlock kids
- The bride who didn't look all that excited to wed Monaco's Prince Albert tried to flee the ultra-luxe wedding not one but
times, sources now say. Charlene Wittstock was reportedly stopped by cops just last week at an airport in France, where she was about to head...
Prince Albert, Charlene
Wed in Monaco
Jul 2, 2011 3:00 PM CDT
Prince Albert, Charlene Wed in Monaco
Bachelor prince now has his princess
- Another royal wedding, but not a Pippa in sight. Prince Albert II of Monaco wed former Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock in predictably lavish style. Today's pomp followed a quiet civil ceremony yesterday. Albert, 53, is 20 years older than his South African bride, and the wedding went off despite...
Inside Prince Albert's
'Glitterati' Guest List
Jul 1, 2011 9:55 AM CDT
Inside Prince Albert's 'Glitterati' Guest List
Invites went out to designers, models, athletes
- France's richest man, a prince from South Africa, and a James Bond actor are among the glitterati converging on Monaco this week for the much-anticipated nuptials between Prince Albert II and former South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock. It's the first wedding of a reigning prince in the...
Palace Swats 'Ugly' Rumors of Albert's Runaway Bride
Jun 30, 2011 10:04 AM CDT
Palace Swats 'Ugly' Rumors of Albert's Runaway Bride
Fiancee Charlene Wittstock apparently didn't try to call off wedding
- An aide to Prince Albert II has dismissed as "ugly rumors" news reports the sovereign's fiancee, Charlene Wittstock, tried to call off the wedding and return to her native South Africa. Christiane Stahl says the reports, which have appeared in several European publications, are "the very incarnation...
Kate's Wedding Dress
to Get Special Treatment
Jun 6, 2011 11:28 AM CDT
Kate's Wedding Dress to Get Special Treatment
It's going on display, along with the veil, tiara, shoes, and earrings
- Kate Middleton's memorable wedding gown will be on display to the public this summer at Buckingham Palace. The dress, designed by Sarah Burton of the Alexander McQueen fashion house, will be displayed from July 23 until Oct 3, according to palace officials. And viewers will be able to ogle...
Beatrice's Awful Hat
Sells for $131K
May 23, 2011 2:30 AM CDT
Beatrice's Awful Hat Sells for $131K
But let's be honest: Really, it's priceless
- The rapture didn't happen Saturday, but humanity might be doomed anyway: That thing, er, "unique sculptural celebratory headpiece," that Princess Beatrice wore to the royal wedding sold on eBay for nearly $131,000 yesterday. Sadly, the winning bidder currently remains anonymous, E! reports. On the bright side,...
Kate and Pippa
SAYS ANDREW MORTON
May 19, 2011 10:28 AM CDT
Kate and Pippa 'Very Competitive'
But, author says, sister didn't steal the spotlight on royal wedding day
- So how does Kate Middleton feel about the amount of attention sister Pippa got at the royal wedding? She was probably surprised by it, author Andrew Morton tells PopEater . “Just as William and Harry are very competitive, Catherine and Pippa are very competitive,” he says. Even so, “...
May 11, 2011 2:32 PM CDT
Beatrice to Auction Awesome Hat on eBay
Proceeds will go to charity
- If the Dude's cardigan from
doesn't do it for you, maybe Princess Beatrice's royal hat is more your style. She plans to auction it on eBay for charity, Sarah Ferguson told Oprah yesterday, notes
. No word yet on when it will be appear, but...
May 11, 2011 12:19 PM CDT
Topless Pippa Photos Ignite Fresh Paparazzi Debate
Middleton family files legal complaint over topless sunbathing pictures
- As Prince William and Kate Middleton honeymoon in a secluded spot, the paparazzi who stalk them are back in the spotlight. The Middleton family, prompted by the publication of 5-year-old photos of bridesmaid Pippa Middleton sunbathing topless with Kate and Prince William on a yacht (not to be confused with...
Fergie: Royal Wedding
Snub Was 'Difficult'
May 10, 2011 12:51 PM CDT
Fergie: Royal Wedding Snub Was 'Difficult'
Ex-husband, daughters attended ceremony without her
- Sarah Ferguson says it was "difficult" not to be invited to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. During an interview with Oprah Winfrey set to air tomorrow, Ferguson says she wanted to be with her daughters, who attended the wedding with their father and Ferguson's...
Wills, Kate Leave
May 10, 2011 8:38 AM CDT
Wills, Kate Leave for Honeymoon
In the Seychelles, says a tourism spokesperson
- They delayed their honeymoon , but not by much: Prince William and wife Kate Middleton are currently experiencing (we assume) newly wedded bliss. Palace officials today confirmed the royal couple left on their post-nuptial vacation, but would not say where, the AP reports. A spokesperson for the Seychelles tourism department confirms,...
One Week Later, the Glamour
Is Gone for Wills, Kate
May 6, 2011 12:34 PM CDT
One Week Later, the Glamour Is Gone for Wills, Kate
It's work and grocery shopping for the royal couple
- From being watched by billions to ... grocery shopping. It's back to normal, or some semblance of normal, for Prince William and Kate Middleton. One week after their lavish wedding, William is once again working as a helicopter rescue pilot in north Wales, and has participated in two rescue operations...
Is Wills' Irish Title
a Political Move?
May 2, 2011 1:55 PM CDT
Is Wills' Irish Title a Political Move?
Royal family may be reasserting control in Northern Ireland: Niall O'Dowd
- William wore an Irish Guards uniform; Kate’s wedding dress featured lace shamrocks ; and along with his new status as Duke of Cambridge, Prince William has gained an Irish title: Baron Carrickfergus. Was it all a nod to the Irish, wonders Niall O’Ferguson at IrishCentral , or “something more...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
16-Year-Old Arrested After Felling of Iconic Tree
Trump's Comment Sparks Steps by Milley
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Woman Has Struggled to Prove She's Not Dead for 16 Years
One Sign Haley Is Gaining Traction: Trump Goes on Attack
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.