Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Baby Foods Contain
Toxic Heavy Metals: Report
Feb 5, 2021 2:47 PM CST
Baby Foods Contain Toxic Heavy Metals: Report
House panel pushes FDA to set standards
- A House Oversight Committee report says alarming levels of toxic heavy metals—including arsenic, lead, cadmium, and mercury—have been found in major-label baby food products. The heavy metals can imperil infant neurological development in infants. The subcommittee's chairman expressed frustration with federal regulators, the
Toxic Metals Found
in 95% of Baby Foods
Oct 18, 2019 3:40 AM CDT
Toxic Metals Found in 95% of Baby Foods
Contaminants hurt developing brains, researchers warn
- Toxic metals now banned in pesticides still linger in our soil and water—and they are present in a frightening proportion of baby foods, according to a new study. Researchers at the Healthy Babies Bright Futures Foundation say arsenic, lead, mercury, or cadmium were found in almost all of the...
Nearly a Ton of Baby Food
Apr 15, 2015 2:30 PM CDT
Beech-Nut Recalls Nearly a Ton of Baby Food
Glass found in jars of 'sweet potato & chicken'
- Beech-Nut is recalling more than 1,900 pounds of baby food because a customer found a piece of glass in a jar, reports ABC News . The company reports one "oral injury," but no details are provided on that by the USDA . The particulars of the recall: It involves...
UK Baby Food Worse
Than a Burger
May 4, 2009 4:24 PM CDT
UK Baby Food Worse Than a Burger
Report finds kids' food high in sugar, saturated fat
- Some of Britain's most popular baby food is no more healthy than a cheeseburger, the
reports. A survey by Britain's Children’s Food Campaign showed that a common weaning food by Heinz contained more sugar than a chocolate biscuit, and a mini cheese biscuit made by the company had...
Danone Swallows Up Numico
Jul 9, 2007 5:41 PM CDT
Danone Swallows Up Numico
Paris-based company spits up $16.8B for big-boy serving of baby food market
- French food corp Groupe Danone put in a $16.8B cash offer to buy baby food magnate Royal Numico—at just under $75 a share, a 38% premium over last week's closing price. The acquisition will make Danone an industry leader in the baby food market and should be finalized...
Popular on Newser
He Had Headaches for Months. Doctors Made a Surprising Find
Spotify Staffers Walk Into Bad News on Monday
Dr Pepper's Tuition Toss Was a Lot More Exciting Than Usual
GOP Race Sees Another Contender Drop Out
Congresswoman in Testy Exchange Over Hamas Rapes
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.