Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Closing Because It's
Too Pricey to Eat There
Nov 11, 2023 10:45 AM CST
Michelin Restaurant Closing Because It's Too Pricey to Eat There
Belfast's EIPIC is latest to shutter amid rising costs
- Another well-known fine-dining establishment is shutting its doors in what looks like a growing industry trend. Belfast's oldest Michelin-starred restaurant, Deanes EIPIC, is set to close this year, CNN Travel reports, with owner Michael Deane citing rising costs, life post-COVID, and Brexit as the reasons the business is no...
Big Closure May Signal Shift
in World of Fine Dining
Jan 9, 2023 11:34 AM CST
Big Closure May Signal Shift in World of Fine Dining
Noma, one of the best restaurants in the world, will close next year to become a test kitchen
- Noma has topped the prestigious World's 50 Best Restaurants list so many times—five—that it's not eligible to win anymore. But those who want to travel to Copenhagen to taste for themselves now have a limited opportunity to do so: The Danish restaurant said Monday that it...
Top Chef Names Dishwasher
Co-Owner of Restaurant
Mar 1, 2017 11:33 AM CST
Top Chef Names Dishwasher Co-Owner of Restaurant
Ali Sonko becomes partner in Noma in Copenhagen
- The best chefs will tell you the success of a restaurant depends not on the chef, but on the entire staff, including the dishwashers. Chef Rene Redzepi is clearly among that group. When his Noma restaurant in Copenhagen received the first of four Best Restaurant in the World awards in...
Dec 22, 2015 6:10 PM CST
Chef Trades World-Best Restaurant for School Lunches
He wants to bring professional-quality food to America's cafeterias
has an interesting profile of the chef who hopes to become the unlikely savior of America's school lunch programs. Daniel Giusti became an executive chef in Washington DC at only 24. He followed that up by working his way up from unpaid apprentice to chef de...
Apr 29, 2014 9:42 AM CDT
World's Best Restaurant Is in Copenhagen
Noma reclaims top spot
- Noma has reclaimed the top spot on
magazine's annual list of the world's 50 best eateries. The Copenhagen restaurant was in the No. 1 spot from 2010 to 2012, but was booted to No. 2 last year by El Celler de Can Roca, in Girona, Spain, the...
63 Diners at 'World's
Best Restaurant' Get Sick
Mar 9, 2013 7:47 AM CST
63 Diners at 'World's Best Restaurant' Get Sick
Copenhagen's Noma apologizes after outbreak
- This might make it a little easier to get a table at Copenhagen's Noma, which has reigned as the No. 1 eatery at
magazine for three straight years: Sixty-three diners got sick over a four-day period last month, reports Bloomberg . Danish health officials ordered the restaurant to ramp...
And the Best Restaurant
in the World Is...
Apr 27, 2010 7:41 AM CDT
And the Best Restaurant in the World Is...
Noma, in Copenhagen
- After four years, El Bulli has been knocked off the pedestal: It was ranked the world's No. 2 restaurant in this year's survey of the 800 most influential chefs and critics. The new top dog? Copenhagen's Noma , which has been wooing foodies with its classic Nordic fare. Chef René Redzepi...
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.