Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 23 |
Tiger Mom's Daughter
Jun 16, 2011 1:03 PM CDT
Tiger Mom's Daughter Is Valedictorian
Sophia Chua-Rubenfeld gets the last laugh
- Maybe the final, happy note in the Tiger Mom brouhaha? Amy Chua's daughter was valedictorian of her high school class, reports the Daily Caller . Sophia Chua-Rubenfeld even poked a little fun at the controversy over mom's
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
book, joking that she was going...
Admits Plagiarizing Comic
May 25, 2010 6:05 PM CDT
Columbia Valedictorian Admits Plagiarizing Comic
His 'Physics for Poets' sounded familiar to Patton Oswalt
- Another day, another commencement gaffe. Columbia's valedictorian has apologized for lifting part of his speech—a jokey riff on attending a class called Physics for Poets—from comedian Patton Oswalt, probably best known for his
King of Queens
supporting role. (See videos for comparisons.)
Notre Dame Names
May 10, 2010 4:45 PM CDT
Notre Dame Names First Black Valedictorian
Katie Washington and her 4.0 GPA are bound for medical school
- Notre Dame will honor its first African-American valedictorian at Sunday's graduation ceremony, Dawn Turner Trice writes for the
: 21-year-old Katie Washington. The biological sciences major beat out two other candidates with her stellar CV, which includes a 4.0 GPA and co-authorship of a major research paper. "...
Stories 21 - 23 |
Popular on Newser
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
Forecasters Warn of Generational Cold
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
Zoo Director Allegedly Cooked Zoo Animals for Party
As They Boated on Sept. 11, This Happened
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.