Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Now Musk Is
Aug 17, 2022 6:50 AM CDT
Now Musk Is Messing With Soccer Fans
Tesla/SpaceX CEO posted he was purchasing Manchester United, then said he was just joking
- A tweet this week from Elon Musk in which he suggested he would soon be the owner of a top UK soccer team went over about as well as it did for Ted Lasso when he first showed up to coach Apple TV's fictional team. The Tesla and SpaceX...
What He Said
Aug 10, 2022 8:37 AM CDT
Musk Does What He Said He Wouldn't
Billionaire sells $6.9B in Tesla stock in case his $44B purchase of Twitter goes through
- Elon Musk has reneged on his vow not to sell more Tesla stock. The billionaire just sold $6.9 billion in stock in the company ahead of a court battle that could force him to follow through on his earlier offer to buy Twitter. He sold 7.92 million shares...
After Twitter Sues Musk,
He Sues Them Back
Aug 5, 2022 10:58 AM CDT
After Twitter Sues Musk, He Sues Them Back
Would-be buyer says his team was misled about user numbers
- Elon Musk accuses Twitter of fraud in a countersuit over his aborted $44 billion deal for the social media company, which he says held back necessary information and misled his team about its true user base, according to reports ahead of its public release. The
reports that the...
Judge Rules on Making
Musk's Twitter Suit Public
Aug 4, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Judge Rules on Making Musk's Twitter Suit Public
Twitter lawyers say they need time to review countersuit for sensitive information
: Elon Musk’s answer to Twitter’s lawsuit over his attempt to back out of a $44 billion deal to buy the social media company will be made public by Friday evening at the latest, a judge ruled Wednesday. Attorneys for Musk wanted to file a public version of...
Elon Musk's Dad Doesn't
Sound Impressed With Son
Aug 1, 2022 1:16 PM CDT
Elon Musk's Dad Doesn't Sound Impressed With Son
Errol Musk gives a pretty savage interview
- There's apparently no love lost between Errol Musk and his son, Elon. The
calls the 20-minute interview the elder Musk gave to an Australian radio show "strange"; news.com.au calls it "brutal." The detail getting most attention: When asked if he was proud of...
Elon Musk Has a
New Reported Scandal
Jul 25, 2022 5:35 AM CDT
Elon Musk Has a New Reported Scandal
Tesla CEO denies 'WSJ' report that he had a fling with Sergei Brin's wife
- The reason Elon Musk's friendship with Sergey Brin has apparently gone south? A fling the Tesla founder had with the Google co-founder's estranged wife, according to sources who spoke to the
Wall Street Journal
. Musk, for his part, is staunchly denying the report. Brin separated from Nicole Shanahan...
Tesla Sells 3/4
of Its Bitcoin
Jul 21, 2022 1:01 AM CDT
Tesla Sells 3/4 of Its Bitcoin Holdings
Amid ongoing production issues
- Tesla had what the
describes as a "shaky" second quarter, reporting a 32% drop in profit from the first quarter's record levels and having a difficult time meeting demand due to production issues. Amid all this, it has sold 75% of its bitcoin holdings, $936 million worth,...
In Musk-Twitter War, First
Legal Battle Goes to Twitter
Jul 19, 2022 12:43 PM CDT
In Musk-Twitter War, First Legal Battle Goes to Twitter
Judge shoots down Musk's request to delay trial until next year
- Elon Musk lost a fight to delay Twitter’s lawsuit against him as a Delaware judge on Tuesday set an October trial, citing the "cloud of uncertainty" over the social media company after the billionaire backed out of a deal to buy it, per the AP . "Delay threatens...
'Eat the Rich' With Popsicles
Shaped Like Musk, Bezos
Jul 13, 2022 9:35 AM CDT
'Eat the Rich' With Popsicles Shaped Like Musk, Bezos
MSCHF artists collective has ice cream trucks in NYC, LA with the billionaire-shaped treats
- If you're in New York City or Los Angeles on Wednesday and want to work out your angst against capitalism, there's a frozen treat waiting for you, modeled after the world's richest men. Just stop by what's being deemed a "unique art pop-up" by CBS...
Elon Musk Fires Back at Trump
Jul 13, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Elon Musk Fires Back at Trump
Who then fires back at Elon
- It's official: Elon Musk and former President Trump are feuding. After Trump ripped Musk as a "bulls--- artist" who lied to him about voting Republican (and predicted Musk will never run Twitter), Musk on Monday night fired back on, yes, Twitter. "I don’t hate the man,...
Twitter Files Sharply Worded
Lawsuit Against Musk
Jul 12, 2022 6:52 PM CDT
Twitter Files Sharply Worded Lawsuit Against Musk
'Musk refuses to honor his obligations ... because the deal he signed no longer serves his personal interests'
- Twitter sued Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Tuesday to force him to complete the $44 billion acquisition of the social media company. Musk and Twitter have been bracing for a legal fight since the billionaire said Friday he was backing off of his April agreement to buy the company. Twitter’...
One Clause in Contract
May Be Bad News for Musk
Jul 11, 2022 11:31 AM CDT
One Clause in Contract May Be Bad News for Musk
'Specific performance' term could be used to force him into buyout deal
- As Elon Musk and Twitter head toward a high-stakes court battle over his decision to bail on the buyout deal, stories have begun assessing the odds of which side might prevail. Generally, most see Twitter with the stronger hand, and a big reason is because the deal includes a "...
Twitter Lawyers Up,
and Musk Issues a Taunt
Jul 11, 2022 6:38 AM CDT
Twitter Lawyers Up, and Musk Issues a Taunt
Company hires heavyweight firm as Tesla CEO tweets a laughing meme
- The Twitter/Elon Musk soap opera appears to be headed toward a heavyweight battle in a Delaware court. Some new developments:
Bloomberg reports that Twitter hired "merger law heavyweight" Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and is expected to file suit this week. Twitter will try to force Musk
Trump Thinks of
Jul 11, 2022 1:03 AM CDT
Here's What Trump Thinks of Elon Musk
He's a 'bulls--- artist' who won't be buying Twitter, former POTUS says
- In case you were wondering how former President Trump feels about the Elon Musk-Twitter drama , he made his opinion known Saturday. "Leon’s, I’ll tell you what,” Trump started, apparently using the incorrect name. “Elon,
, is not going to buy Twitter. … He’s got...
Is 'Worst Case'
Jul 9, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
For Twitter, Musk's Move Is 'Worst Case'
Company might win a legal fight to save deal, but analysts say there would be drawbacks
- Twitter's stock price has dropped, its public image is damaged, and employee morale is tanking. And that was all before Elon Musk told Twitter and the SEC on Friday that he wants out of the $44 billion deal to buy the company. Twitter said it will fight Musk on...
Elon Musk to Twitter:
I'm Walking Away
Jul 8, 2022 5:56 PM CDT
Elon Musk to Twitter: I'm Walking Away
But Twitter says it intends to make him honor his deal to buy the company
The drama intensifies. Elon Musk notified Twitter and the SEC late Friday afternoon that he wants out of his deal to buy the company, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. He accused Twitter of failing to provide all the information he has requested on fake accounts. Twitter, though, won't...
Elon Musk Secretly
Had Twins With One of
His Execs Last Year
Jul 7, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
Elon Musk Secretly Had Twins With One of His Execs Last Year
Shivon Zilis has been working closely with Musk for a while
- Elon Musk's child count is up to nine, that the world knows of at least. The tech CEO secretly fathered twins born in November to a top executive at Neuralink, one of the four companies that have Musk at their head, according to court documents obtained by
Musk Vanished From Twitter,
Met the Pope, Came Back
Jul 2, 2022 9:30 AM CDT
Musk Vanished From Twitter, Met the Pope, Came Back
After 9-day online hiatus, his 'longest stretch' offline yet, the Tesla CEO is once more tweeting
- If you've been wondering why Elon Musk has vanished on Twitter as of late, don't fret: He's back. In what the
Wall Street Journal
calls Musk's "longest stretch without posting on Twitter in nearly five years," the Tesla and SpaceX CEO last posted on...
Jun 22, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Musk Says New Tesla Factories Are Burning Cash
CEO calls Austin and Berlin plants 'gigantic money furnaces' because of supply chain, battery issues
- At some point, the Tesla factories that opened in Texas and Germany earlier this year will pay off. But at the moment, CEO Elon Musk says, they're money pits. "Both Berlin and Austin factories are gigantic money furnaces right now," he said, per Forbes . "It's...
Twitter's Board Unanimously
Recommends Deal With Musk
Jun 21, 2022 10:40 AM CDT
Twitter's Board Unanimously Recommends Deal With Musk
But his purchase of the platform still has a long way to go
- The pendulum on the Elon Musk-Twitter courtship has swung from no way to it's happening to it's off to maybe it's on again . A development Tuesday keeps it squarely in the "maybe" camp. Twitter's board recommended unanimously that shareholders approve the proposed $44 billion sale...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
After Failed Effort to Help New Orleans, Brad Pitt Settles
Lowe's Makes Big Move to Help Workers With Inflation
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Trump Donors Respond to Push After FBI Search
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.