Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
In Israel, Christie
Challenges US Protesters
Nov 12, 2023 2:00 PM CST
In Israel, Christie Challenges US Protesters
Candidate tours site of Oct. 7 massacre
- All of the major Republican candidates for president have expressed support for Israel in its war against Hamas. On Sunday, Chris Christie became the first of them to go there, seeing the destruction left by Hamas' Oct. 7 attack, including the blood-stained remains of homes, the
New York Times
Big Wins Give Democrats
a 'Blueprint' for 2024
Nov 8, 2023 6:49 AM CST
Big Wins Give Democrats a 'Blueprint' for 2024
Voters back abortion access, appear wary of Trump-backed candidates
- Nearly a year and a half after the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, abortion remains a key issue in elections across the country—to the benefit of Democrats, who've made protecting abortion rights a priority. A major takeaway from Tuesday's elections is that "voters are casting...
for Mike Pence
Oct 16, 2023 12:08 PM CDT
Things Are Looking Grim for Mike Pence
Latest FEC filings show former VP's campaign is in the red
- FEC filings were due at midnight Sunday, and they begin to tell a tale of the Republican presidential primary. As Politico reports, the campaign of former VP Mike Pence is "running on fumes," with just $1.2 million in the coffers and more than $600,000 in debt....
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is
Going Through the Hourglass'
Sep 27, 2023 6:50 AM CDT
In GOP Rematch, 'the Sand Is Going Through the Hourglass'
Time is running out to gain ground on Trump as 2nd Republican presidential debate takes place
- The way things stood Monday remain how they stand just hours before the Republican presidential debate Wednesday in California, with two notable candidates not expected to take the stage. FOX 26 Houston reports that former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson didn't make the cut, while former President Trump, far and...
Chris Christie: If I Flop
in New Hampshire, I'll Quit
Sep 15, 2023 2:13 PM CDT
Chris Christie: If I Flop in New Hampshire, I'll Quit
Longshot GOP candidate puts all his chips on the first-in-the-nation primary
- Chris Christie is lagging in the polls, but he's making what the
New York Times
calls a "big bet" on the 2024 race. "I can't see myself leaving the race under any circumstances before New Hampshire," he tells the newspaper. "If I don't...
The GOP Debate
Was Feisty. Who Won?
Aug 24, 2023 8:41 AM CDT
The GOP Debate Was Feisty. Who Won?
Former President Trump is the 'clear winner,' per Vox
- Without former President Trump on stage, the eight "underdogs" taking part in the first Republican presidential primary debate Wednesday in Milwaukee had the opportunity to "differentiate themselves in the field," reports the
New York Times
. Many seized on the chance and "at certain points, you could...
Fox News Bars Trump Team
From Post-Debate Coverage
Aug 22, 2023 12:41 PM CDT
Fox News Bars Trump Team From Post-Debate Coverage
Eight GOP candidates will be on the stage Wednesday night in Milwaukee
- Nine candidates may have the numbers to officially qualify for the first Republican debate Wednesday night, but only eight will be on the stage. Coverage:
Candidates on stage will Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Chris Christie, Vivek Ramaswamy, Doug Burgum, and Asa Hutchinson, reports the
Christie Calls Trump
'Certified Loser, Verified Coward'
Aug 18, 2023 5:10 PM CDT
Christie Calls Trump 'Certified Loser, Verified Coward'
Lagging candidate also mocks DeSantis over advice to praise former president in debate
- Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie responded with mock shock Friday to the Republican frontrunner's decision to skip the party's presidential debate next week. Donald Trump, freshly indicted in Georgia, is required to turn himself in by the end of the week in Fulton County. "Surprise, surprise...
Christie Fires Back After
Trump Mocks His Weight
Aug 9, 2023 1:53 PM CDT
Christie Fires Back After Trump Mocks His Weight
Say it to my face at the debate, says the former New Jersey governor
- For now, the most salient stat regarding Donald Trump and Chris Christie is that the former president has 59% of the support of GOP voters and the former governor has 3%, reports the Hill , citing a Morning Consult poll. But the rival candidates are nonetheless engaging in some one-on-one mockery...
Chris Christie Bears an
Unusual Gift for Zelensky
Aug 8, 2023 7:57 AM CDT
Chris Christie Bears an Unusual Gift for Zelensky
POTUS candidate presents Ukrainian leader with lyrics to 'It's My Life,' handwritten by Jon Bon Jovi
- One topic that Republicans disagree on is whether the United States should keep sending aid to Ukraine for its war with Russia. Now, one GOP presidential candidate has just made a big gesture reinforcing which side he's on. The Independent reports that former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie surprised...
Christie Zings Back at Trump
Over Jokes About Weight
Jun 26, 2023 9:40 AM CDT
Christie Zings Back at Trump Over Jokes About Weight
'He should take a look in the mirror'
- Chris Christie is firing back at Donald Trump's potshots about his weight with a potshot of his own: "He should take a look in the mirror." The former New Jersey governor appeared on Fox's
over the weekend, where host Howard Kurtz asked him about the...
Barr on 'Fundamentally Flawed'
Trump: Prison Is a Bad Idea
Jun 19, 2023 6:26 AM CDT
Barr on 'Fundamentally Flawed' Trump: Prison Is a Bad Idea
Chris Christie and ex-DOD chief Mark Esper also laid into former president on Sunday news shows
- A trio of past allies and members of former President Trump's Cabinet showed up on the Sunday news programs, and it wasn't to sing his praises. First up: erstwhile Attorney General Bill Barr, who the
New York Times
notes used "extraordinary language" to describe his ex-boss during...
Christie Goes Hard on Trump at
Town Hall: 'Loser, Loser, Loser!'
Jun 13, 2023 7:56 AM CDT
Christie Goes Hard on Trump at Town Hall: 'Loser, Loser, Loser!'
On CNN, ex-NJ governor calls GOP presidential rival 'vengeful,' compares him to Voldemort
- The Chris Christie of 2016 (and even 2019 ) is much different than the Chris Christie of 2023 —at least when it comes to how he feels about former President Trump. "Loser, loser, loser!" is how the former New Jersey governor now depicts Trump, just one of...
After Fat-Shaming Post, Christie
Calls Trump 'a Spoiled Baby'
Jun 8, 2023 6:00 PM CDT
After Fat-Shaming Post, Christie Calls Trump 'a Spoiled Baby'
Former president shared doctored video
- Chris Christie criticized Donald Trump on a couple of fronts after the former president posted an altered video on his social media site mocking his rival's weight. The video was doctored to make it appear Christie was standing at an all-you-can-buffet, holding a plate of food, when he kicked...
Christie Rips Trump Family 'Grift'
Jun 7, 2023 4:37 PM CDT
Christie Rips Trump Family 'Grift'
GOP candidate raises $2B investment from Saudi fund in Kushner's firm
- In launching his presidential candidacy this week, Chris Christie did not limit his Trump criticism to the former president. He included Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, the Hill reports. The onetime New Jersey governor wondered why Kushner's investment firm Affinity Equity received a $2...
Chris Christie Makes
2024 Run Official
Jun 6, 2023 3:09 PM CDT
Chris Christie Makes 2024 Run Official
Former NJ governor is ready to take on Trump
- Chris Christie officially joined the race for the GOP White House nomination Tuesday—giving frontrunner Donald Trump a rival more outspoken than most. The former New Jersey governor, as expected , filed paperwork for his candidacy Tuesday and he plans to formally announce the bid at a town hall-style event in...
May 31, 2023 9:15 AM CDT
Another Familiar Name to Join 2024 Race
Chris Christie plans to formally launch next week, say multiple reports
- It looks like the 2024 Republican field is about to grow by one: Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is expected to formally launch his run on Tuesday in New Hampshire, according to multiple reports. Axios , which first reported the news, frames things this way: The 60-year-old Christie is a...
Christie Rips Trump's
Reaction to Verdict
May 10, 2023 6:40 PM CDT
Christie Rips Trump's Reaction to Verdict
Pence says voters aren't focused on trial
- One potential rival for the GOP presidential nomination is not buying Donald Trump's claim made after a federal jury found the former president liable for sexual abusing and defaming E. Jean Carroll. "His response yesterday to me was ridiculous, that he didn't even know the woman,"...
Niece Booted Off
Dec 4, 2022 6:48 AM CST
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Shannon Epstein accused of injuring six deputies during altercation at New Orleans airport
- Chris Christie is in the mix as a potential 2024 candidate, and one of his nieces is providing the wrong kind of headlines for him. The
New Orleans Times-Picayune
reports that 25-year-old Shannon Epstein bit and spit on deputies trying to detain her at Louis Armstrong International Airport. Jefferson Parish...
Report: GOP Governors
Meeting Applauds After
Christie Slams Trump
Nov 15, 2022 5:53 PM CST
Report: GOP Governors Meeting Applauds After Christie Slams Trump
He said midterm voters 'rejected crazy,' sources say
- With Donald Trump expected to announce a new White House bid Tuesday night, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was applauded when he criticized the former president in front of Republican governors and donors Tuesday morning, insiders say. Sources tell Axios that Christie, speaking to the annual meeting of Republican...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.