Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dog Walkers Probably
Make More Than You Think
Jan 28, 2023 3:45 PM CST
Dog Walkers Probably Make More Than You Think
In New York City, established ones pull in 6 figures
- The most lucrative side hustle in the nation is dog walking, according to the online tutoring service Preply . It pegs the average hourly wage for the task at $43, ahead of freelance design ($32) and freelance writing ($29). If that rate sounds high, a story in the
New York Times
Alex Jones Battles
for $1.3M Salary
Dec 20, 2022 12:53 PM CST
In Bankruptcy, Alex Jones Battles for $1.3M Salary
He asks judge to order Infowars' parent firm to go back to paying him $54K biweekly, up from $20K
- A salary of $10,000 a week isn't enough for a bankrupt Alex Jones, who has asked a judge for almost three times that amount. The Infowars host on Monday requested that federal bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez restore the $1.3 million annual salary he received from Infowars' parent...
In America's Largest City,
a Big Change in Job Listings
Nov 1, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
In America's Largest City, a Big Change in Job Listings
New York City now requires companies with 4 or more workers to disclose salary ranges
- It's not only a new month on Tuesday—it's the first day in the nation's largest city where job seekers will finally know how much most positions pay before they get too deep into the application process. A new law has officially gone into effect in which...
Dreading an Internship? Would
Being Paid $16K a Month Help?
Apr 15, 2022 9:42 AM CDT
Dreading an Internship? Would Being Paid $16K a Month Help?
Finance companies are paying big bucks amid a 'particularly tough recruitment year'
- College students continue to vie for coveted Wall Street internships over the summer, and for good reason: Unlike internships in many other industries, they come with a fat paycheck.
cites a recent Glassdoor ranking of the top-paying US internships, a list in which finance companies "performed extremely...
These Bosses May Get Paid
Just a Little Too Much
Feb 26, 2022 9:45 AM CST
These Bosses May Get Paid Just a Little Too Much
Investor advocacy group as you sow published its most overpaid CEO list
- As the chief executive officer of Paycom Software, Chad Richison claims pay of more than $210,000,000, while the average worker at Paycom takes home $71,259—a CEO-worker ratio of 2963:1. And he's not the only head honcho that has a salary that's way in...
Johnny Depp Shot Just One
Scene. He'll Get His Full Salary
Nov 10, 2020 6:11 AM CST
Johnny Depp Shot Just One Scene. He'll Get His Full Salary
Warner Bros. asked actor to resign from 'Fantastic Beasts' role, but contract still requires he gets paid
- Johnny Depp shot just one scene as Gellert Grindelwald in the next
film when it was announced to the London production crew that Warner Bros. had asked him to step down after he lost his "wife beater" libel case against a UK tabloid. Depp agreed to resign,...
Stars Will Be Here
for You—for a Hefty Payday
Feb 25, 2020 7:11 AM CST
Stars Will Be Here for You—for a Hefty Payday
Figures are ranging from between $2.5M to $4M each for hourlong 'Friends' special
- "It's happening." That was the joint Instagram post Friday of
co-stars Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry, and Matt LeBlanc (whose post featured a slightly different twist). The happening they speak of: what Quartz describes as "an hourlong hangout session,"...
You Could Make $100K
Working at Taco Bell
Jan 10, 2020 3:30 PM CST
You Could Make $100K Working at Taco Bell
Parent company to offer six-figure annual salary for general managers in select locations
- Dollar signs don't typically come to mind when one is considering a job in fast food, but during a tight labor market , Taco Bell's parent company is trying to change that. Bloomberg reports Yum! Brands will be testing out a six-figure annual salary—$100,000—for general managers...
CEO Raising Everyone's
Salary to at Least $70K
Sep 26, 2019 2:13 AM CDT
CEO Raising Everyone's Salary to at Least $70K
The process will be finished in 2024
- When Gravity Payments bought Boise, Idaho, firm ChargeItPro three years ago, the lowest-paid employees made $24,000 a year. That soon went up to $40,000—and Gravity CEO Dan Price says it will be $70,000 by 2024. To mark the opening of a new Boise Gravity office, which...
You May Be Surprised by What
Walmart Store Managers Make
May 9, 2019 11:10 AM CDT
You May Be Surprised by What Walmart Store Managers Make
$175K a year, says company
- Walmart is out with a report on its social responsibility, and one stat in particular is getting a lot of attention. The chain says its store managers make an average of $175,000 year, reports CNN . Walmart has about 4,700 such managers, and the
Wall Street Journal
4 of Top 5 Highest-Paid TV
Actors Hail From One Show
Oct 25, 2018 7:30 AM CDT
4 of Top 5 Highest-Paid TV Actors Hail From One Show
'Big Bang Theory' actors are bringing home nice bank
- Talk about going out with a bang.
has put out its list of the highest-paid actors on TV, and four of the top five are from one hit show:
The Big Bang Theory
on CBS, with lead Jim Parsons banking a comfortable $26.5 million a year—not only...
Wall Street Pay Seems to
Have Long Forgotten Recession
Sep 18, 2018 9:20 AM CDT
Wall Street Pay Seems to Have Long Forgotten Recession
Average salary for those in the NYC securities industry in NYC: $422,500, highest in a decade
- If you've been fretting over how the folks on Wall Street are doing lately, rest easy: The New York state comptroller says they're fine. Better than fine, actually, per Thomas DiNapoli, who notes the average securities-industry salary in New York last year rose 13%, to $422,500 (with...
in US: $102.2M
May 25, 2018 10:52 AM CDT
Paycheck of Top-Paid CEO in US: $102.2M
Honors go to First Data Corp.'s Frank Bisignano of Ga.; other states' CEOs do well, too
- Les Moonves made $68.4 million in 2017 as the CEO of CBS, but New York didn't claim the highest-paid CEO in the country last year—Georgia did, with First Data's Frank J. Bisignano bringing in a $102.2 million paycheck. The AP and Equilar, an executive data...
at Raise, Laughed,
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 18, 2018 12:45 PM CDT
Teacher Peeked at Raise, Laughed, Then Posted Salary Online
'I mean really, I need a college degree to make this?,' says Arizona's Elisabeth Milich
- Discussing politics and religion is just as charged on social media as it was at dinner parties of yore, but now add teachers' salaries into the mix. It all comes courtesy of Elisabeth Milich, a second-grade teacher at Phoenix's Whispering Wind Academy who, per the
, posted a...
School Board Prez Calls Busted
Teacher 'Poor Little Woman'
Jan 11, 2018 9:20 AM CST
School Board Prez Calls Busted Teacher 'Poor Little Woman'
Cries of gender discrimination envelop incident at Louisiana school board meeting
- The story of the Louisiana middle school teacher arrested after speaking up at a school board meeting continues, now with a closer look at how women in the district are treated. When Deyshia Hargrave was carted off in handcuffs Monday after calmly questioning the $30,000 raise for Vermilion Parish...
Teacher Arrested at Meeting on
Superintendent's $30K Raise
Jan 10, 2018 9:00 AM CST
Teacher Arrested at Meeting on Superintendent's $30K Raise
Teacher Deyshia Hargrave spoke up at school board meeting, ended up in handcuffs
- A Louisiana school board meeting had on its agenda what appeared to be a fairly routine contract approval for the district's superintendent. But the Monday evening meeting ended up in the arrest of Kaplan middle school English teacher Deyshia Hargrave after she juxtaposed Jerome Puyau's new contract, which...
Negotiate With CBS
Aug 24, 2017 3:57 PM CDT
Judge Judy Explains Why She Doesn't Negotiate With CBS
'Their back's to the wall'
- Judge Judy's newly released testimony in a legal dispute between her network (CBS) and a talent agency is just about as awesome as you'd expect from the outspoken jurist. The dispute itself has quite a few ins and outs, with Vulture summing it up nicely: The talent agency...
4 Execs Make
May 10, 2017 8:25 AM CDT
4 Execs Make 9 Figures
Elon Musk isn't far behind
- Elon Musk didn't pull in nine figures in 2016—but as the fifth top-earning executive of the year, he was awfully close. Here are the five top-earning business executives of 2016, with their total salary, according to Bloomberg :
Don't Crack Top 5
Apr 12, 2017 10:56 AM CDT
Google, Facebook Don't Crack Top 5 Highest-Paying Companies
Ever heard of AT Kearney?
- If you're offered a job at any of these companies in the US, you best take it. According to 24/7 Wall St , they're the highest-paying employers. The top 10, all within the consulting or tech industries, along with the median total compensation per year:
Trump Will Give Away $400K
Salary at End of Year: Spicer
Mar 14, 2017 12:11 AM CDT
Trump Will Give Away $400K Salary at End of Year: Spicer
Press secretary says the media can help decide where
- President Trump has apparently been accepting the $33,333 salary he vowed not to accept , but he's not planning to keep it. Press secretary Sean Spicer says the president, who's required under federal law to receive payment, plans to donate his annual $400,000 salary, which is paid...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.