Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Cheesecake Factory: Sorry,
We Can't Pay Rent Next Month
Mar 26, 2020 6:01 AM CDT
Cheesecake Factory: Sorry, We Can't Pay Rent Next Month
'Extraordinary events' due to coronavirus have forced the chain's hand, CEO David Overton says
- If you've lost income due to the coronavirus outbreak and don't think you can make your rent payment for April, Cheesecake Factory can relate. In fact, the restaurant chain
it can't make rent—and it has informed its landlords across the nation as such. "Due...
These Are 5 of the Unhealthiest
Meals You Can Order
in case you missed it
Aug 5, 2017 5:36 PM CDT
These Are 5 of the Unhealthiest Meals You Can Order
Including a breakfast with 1,990 calories
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest is out with its annual list of chain restaurant "meals" that are so packed with calories they're more like a full day (or more) worth of food, the Consumerist reports. Highlights from CSPI's list of eight:
The highest number
Patrons Flee as Incendiary
Device Tossed Into Restaurant
Feb 3, 2017 4:59 PM CST
Patrons Flee as Incendiary Device Tossed Into Restaurant
No one was hurt at California Cheesecake Factory
- A man threw a homemade incendiary device into a crowded California restaurant at dinnertime, and when it ignited, panicked patrons abandoned their meals and knocked over chairs as they rushed for the exits. No one was hurt, the AP reports. Police said the man opened the front door of a...
This Year's Craziest
Jul 31, 2014 9:33 AM CDT
This Year's Craziest Restaurant Meal: 3.5K Calories
Watchdog group lists diet-annihilating dishes from US chains
- Nearly 3,550 calories for a burger, fries, and shake sounds about right—if it's one of the meals called out on a watchdog group's annual list of fatty, sugary, calorie-heavy foods served at US chain restaurants. The Center for Science in the Public Interest pored over nutritional...
Jul 24, 2011 6:44 PM CDT
Eight Worst Belt -Busting Menu Items
Funny how vast portions of carbs and fat pack calories
- Anyone who has tenuously clung to a diet knows calorie counting can turn into calorie binging at a restaurant, but choose one of these items and you'll really have fallen off the wagon, ABC News reports. The Center for Science in the Public Interest released its list of eight...
Top 15 Casual Dining
Chains in America
Aug 7, 2010 5:25 PM CDT
Top 15 Casual Dining Chains in America
- Americans like it creamy and meaty. In a recent survey of 5,000 of its "mystery shoppers," research firm Market Force asked respondents to rank their favorite family-oriented chain restaurants based on food quality and convenience. The Cheesecake Factory clobbered the competition with 13% (the numbers were adjusted...
Popular on Newser
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
It's a 'Huge Milestone' for US Currency
Sword Swallower's Act Goes Very, Very Wrong
Griner in 'Very Good Spirits,' as Viktor Bout Slams US
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.