Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Los Angeles Dodgers
Stories 1 - 20 |
Dodgers Pitcher Accused of
Sep 6, 2023 3:00 AM CDT
Dodgers Pitcher Accused of Domestic Violence
MLB has opened an investigation into Julio Urías
- Major League Baseball has opened an investigation into Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Julio Urías after he was arrested Sunday on a felony charge of corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant, the AP reports. Deputy Maria Lucero, a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman, confirmed the felony charge...
Dodgers' Pride Night
Jun 17, 2023 12:20 PM CDT
Thousands Protest Dodgers' Pride Night
Baseball team restored invitation to Los Angeles organization after canceling it in the face of backlash
- The Los Angeles Dodgers' presentation of a Community Hero Award to a group that some say mocks Catholicism before Friday night's game drew protests and prayers, forcing security to shut the main entrance for a time. Demonstrators carrying signs reading "Stop anti-Catholic hate" and "God will not...
Dodgers Do 180 on Pride Night
After 2nd Round of Backlash
May 23, 2023 8:33 AM CDT
Dodgers Do 180 on Pride Night After 2nd Round of Backlash
MLB team uninvited LGBTQ+ charity group after conservative complaints, then reinvited them
- It didn't seem out of the ordinary that the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence , an LGBTQ+ charity and satirical performance drag group in which participants dress as nuns, had been invited to the Los Angeles Dodgers' 10th annual Pride Night next month. The group was set to receive a "...
Was Quite a Marriage
Proposal on the Baseball Field
Mar 31, 2023 12:00 PM CDT
Was Quite a Marriage Proposal on the Baseball Field
Ricardo Juarez gets tackled by security during romantic gesture at Dodger Stadium
- A Los Angeles Dodgers fan tried to propose to his girlfriend at a baseball game, but ended up getting tackled like he was at a football game. TMZ Sports reports that it all went down during Thursday night's matchup at Dodger Stadium against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when a man...
Dec 23, 2022 1:00 AM CST
Trevor Bauer's 324-Game Suspension Reduced
Dodgers pitcher will be reinstated immediately, MLB says
- Trevor Bauer can return to Major League Baseball after an independent arbitrator on Thursday reduced his record 324-game suspension to 194 games. Bauer, the LA Dodgers pitcher who was accused of sexual assault last year, had appealed his suspension, which caused him to miss the entire 2022 season, or 144...
Reporter's Big Slide
Does Not End Well
Aug 18, 2022 2:13 PM CDT
Reporter's Big Slide Does Not End Well
Dodgers' reporter David Vassegh breaks 2 bones and cracks 6 ribs in Milwaukee
- A reporter for Los Angeles Dodgers' telecasts is getting more attention than he anticipated after going down the famous big slide at the Milwaukee Brewers' home field. David Vassegh's trip down mascot Bernie Brewer's slide went a little haywire at the end, resulting in two broken bones in...
His 'Dulcet Tones
Aug 2, 2022 11:08 PM CDT
His 'Dulcet Tones Provided the Soundtrack of Summer'
Beloved Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully dead at 94
- Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully, whose dulcet tones provided the soundtrack of summer while entertaining and informing Dodgers fans in Brooklyn and Los Angeles for 67 years, died Tuesday night, the team said. He was 94. Scully died at his home in the Hidden Hills section of Los Angeles,...
Sues Woman Who
Accused Him of
Apr 26, 2022 1:34 AM CDT
Dodgers Pitcher Sues Woman Who Accused Him of Sexual Assault
Trevor Bauer has vehemently denied any wrongdoing
- Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer sued the woman who accused him of sexual assault in federal court Monday, in a move that came less than three months after prosecutors decided not to file criminal charges against the athlete. The San Diego woman, whom the pitcher had met through social...
LA Prosecutors Won't
Charge Trevor Bauer
Feb 8, 2022 7:26 PM CST
LA Prosecutors Won't Charge Trevor Bauer
Dodgers pitcher denies sexual abuse allegations
: Los Angeles prosecutors on Tuesday decided not to charge Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer for allegedly beating and sexually abusing a San Diego woman he met through social media. Prosecutors were unable to prove the San Diego woman’s accusations beyond a reasonable doubt, the Los Angeles County district attorney'...
Blown Call Makes
Case for Robot
Oct 16, 2021 4:00 PM CDT
Blown Call Makes Case for Robot Umpires
Technology has stepped in after human error before, David Von Drehle writes
- After the Dodgers-Giants playoff game Thursday night, Gabe Morales was able to watch replays of his call that ended San Francisco's season. The umpire had ruled that the Giants' Wilmer Flores had gone around while trying to check his swing. That was the third strike, the last out of...
Guy Spotted at
Oct 9, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Guy Spotted at Dodgers Game Wasn't Actually Fugitive
Authorities had sought public's help in search for John Ruffo, on the run for 23 years
Sorry, it's not him. That's the final word from authorities on a mystery man spotted at a 2016 MLB game who looked just like a fugitive who's been on the run for 23 years. The US Marshals Service says the man seen in video footage at...
It May Be 'Smoothest
Slide of All Time'
Aug 12, 2021 12:53 PM CDT
It May Be 'Smoothest Slide of All Time'
People keep setting Trea Turner's move into music
- Major League Baseball is calling it the "smoothest slide of all time." The
Los Angeles Times
concurs that "few have ever looked so smooth while sliding home to score," and likens Trea Turner's technique to a "choreographed dance move." You can watch...
Ball Girl Takes Down
Rogue Fan at Dodger Stadium
Aug 9, 2021 2:30 PM CDT
Ball Girl Takes Down Rogue Fan at Dodger Stadium
Man had managed to evade security during run across field
- "Reminder: Don’t mess with our ball girls!" So tweeted Dodgers Nation after a rogue fan was stopped in his tracks Sunday. After the fan invaded the field at Dodger Stadium during the sixth inning of Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Angels, he evaded security and...
Trevor Bauer Put
on Leave by MLB
Jul 2, 2021 3:39 PM CDT
Trevor Bauer Put on Leave by MLB
Woman has accused Dodgers pitcher of sexual assault
- Major League Baseball has put Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer on a seven-day administrative leave while a woman's accusations against him of sexual assault are investigated. The accusations are the subject of a criminal investigation in California by Pasadena police, and MLB said it's conducting its own inquiry, CNBC...
She Says It Was Assault. MLB
Star Says It Was 'Rough' Sex
Jun 30, 2021 7:52 AM CDT
She Says It Was Assault. MLB Star Says It Was 'Rough' Sex
LA Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer claims encounters were 'wholly consensual'
- Last year, Trevor Bauer was named the winner of MLB's Cy Young Award for the National League. Now, the starting pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers has been hit with an assault claim by a woman who has since taken out an order of protection against Bauer, her lawyer,...
Ex-Pitcher Charged in
Boys' Crosswalk Deaths
Feb 1, 2021 10:49 AM CST
Ex-Pitcher Charged in Boys' Crosswalk Deaths
Scott Erickson was allegedly racing with woman who hit brothers in suburban LA crosswalk
- Former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson has been charged with reckless driving in connection to a hit-and-run in Southern California that killed two boys last year, per the AP . The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office said Erickson, 52, has been charged with one misdemeanor count of reckless driving....
Baseball Hall of Fame
Pitcher Don Sutton Dead at 75
Jan 20, 2021 12:05 AM CST
Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher Don Sutton Dead at 75
The Los Angeles Dodgers legend had cancer
- Don Sutton, a Hall of Fame pitcher who was a stalwart of the Los Angeles Dodgers’ rotation spanning an era from Sandy Koufax to Fernando Valenzuela, died Tuesday, the AP reports. He was 75. The Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, said Sutton died at his home in Rancho...
Dead at 93
Jan 8, 2021 12:43 PM CST
Dodgers Legend Dead at 93
Manager and Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda led team to 2 World Series
- Tommy Lasorda, the fiery Hall of Fame manager who guided the Los Angeles Dodgers to two World Series titles and later became an ambassador for the sport he loved during his 70-plus years with the franchise, has died at 93. The Dodgers said Friday he had a heart attack at...
Is in Intensive Care
Nov 15, 2020 5:00 PM CST
Tommy Lasorda Is in Intensive Care
The former Los Angeles Dodgers manager is said to be resting comfortably
- Hall of Fame manager Tom Lasorda has been hospitalized in Southern California, the AP reports. The Los Angeles Dodgers said Sunday that their 93-year-old former manager was in intensive care and resting comfortably at a hospital in Orange County. Lasorda lives in Fullerton. He attended the team’s Game 6...
MLB Wraps Investigation
of Celebrant With COVID
Nov 6, 2020 5:20 PM CST
MLB Wraps Investigation of Celebrant With COVID
Justin Turner won't face punishment for joining teammates after testing positive
- Justin Turner will not be disciplined by Major League Baseball for coming onto the field last week to celebrate the World Series title with his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates after testing positive for COVID-19. The third baseman was removed after seven innings of Game 6 against Tampa Bay on Oct....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
David Brooks Posts a Burger Picture, Chaos Ensues
Gross Details Air in Boston College Hazing Case
'When I First Saw It, I Thought This Can't Be Real'
New Suit Says Police Abused Woman in 'Torture Warehouse'
He Picked Up a Bag of Soil, Was Killed by Swarm of Bees
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.