Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
'Toddler Milks' Are Unregulated
Oct 23, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
'Toddler Milks' Are Unregulated and Unnecessary
American Academy of Pediatrics weighs in
- Powdered drink mixes that are widely promoted as "toddler milks" for older babies and children up to age 3 are unregulated, unnecessary, and "nutritionally incomplete," the American Academy of Pediatrics warns. The drinks, which are touted to parents on TikTok, in television ads, and on other sites,...
No, Screen Time
Is Not Good
for Your Toddler
Aug 22, 2023 9:31 AM CDT
No, Screen Time Is Not Good for Your Toddler
Researchers find delays in development of speech, social, fine motor skills
- A new study cautions parents against turning on a phone or tablet to entertain toddlers for extended periods, finding 1-year-olds exposed to above-average screen time go on to suffer developmental delays. Researchers in Japan found 1-year-olds exposed to more than four hours of screen time per day experienced developmental delays...
Officers Allegedly Jail Son, 3,
for Potty Problems
Jun 29, 2023 4:20 PM CDT
Officers Allegedly Jail Son, 3, for Potty Problems
Florida dad reportedly claimed an investigation into the incident was 'insane'
- Two Florida police officers reportedly thought the proper way to respond to their toddler's potty-training problems was to handcuff the boy and put him in jail. Daytona Beach Shores Department of Public Safety launched an internal investigation following the October incident involving Lt. Michael Schoenbrod and Det. Sgt. Jessica...
Cops: Toddler Shoots,
Kills His Pregnant Mom
Jun 23, 2023 2:30 PM CDT
Cops: Toddler Shoots, Kills His Pregnant Mom
2-year-old's new sibling didn't make it either in 'tragic' incident in Norwalk, Ohio
- Last Friday, police in Norwalk, Ohio, received a disturbing call just after 1pm from a young mom, who revealed to the dispatcher she was eight months pregnant and had been shot in the back. Even more shocking was the person she said had shot her: her 2-year-old son, reports CNN...
Amid Grim Scenes After
Quake, a Toddler's Rescue
Feb 6, 2023 9:50 AM CST
Amid Grim Scenes After Quake, a Toddler's Rescue
Death toll is now more than 2.3K in Turkey and Syria
- The updates from Monday morning's powerful Turkey-Syria earthquake continue to be grim, with more than 2,300 dead in the latest official tally, per the AP . But amid the bad news come moments like this one, as shown in video from the BBC and Reuters . In the clip, a...
Cops: Infant, Toddler Fatally
Mauled by Family's Dogs
Oct 6, 2022 2:15 PM CDT
Cops: Infant, Toddler Fatally Mauled by Family's Dogs
Mom is in critical condition after attack in Shelby County, Tenn.
- Authorities are delivering grim news out of Tennessee, where they say an infant and toddler were fatally mauled by their family's dogs, an attack that left their mother badly injured. Per FOX 5 Atlanta , a tweet from the Shelby County Sheriff's Office late Wednesday relayed that detectives were...
Among America's Youngest,
a COVID Vaccine 'Logjam'
Aug 8, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Among America's Youngest, a COVID Vaccine 'Logjam'
Just 4% to 5% of kids have gotten their shots; pediatricians are now trying to break the 'logjam'
- Nearly two months ago, the CDC recommended that all kids from 6 months old up to 5 years—more than 17 million children across the nation—get vaccinated against COVID-19, guidance echoed by the American Medical Association . But since June 18, when the CDC gave the official OK for children...
Mensa Welcomes Its
Youngest Member Ever
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jul 2, 2022 4:55 PM CDT
Mensa Welcomes Its Youngest Member Ever
Parents of Kentucky 2-year-old Isla McNabb say she already reads at kindergarten level
- Mensa has a new member, and she's still in diapers. Meet 2-year-old Isla McNabb of the Louisville suburb of Crestwood, Ky., a precocious little girl the IQ society says is now its youngest member ever. Isla's parents say even though she does standard toddler things—plays with toys,...
Pfizer Shots for
Kids Under 5
Jun 13, 2022 12:00 AM CDT
FDA Posts Analysis of Pfizer Shots for Kids Under 5
Says the kid-sized dose appears to be safe and effective
The FDA on Sunday posted its analysis of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for children under age 5, announcing that the kid-sized doses do appear to be safe and effective. The agency posted a similar analysis of Moderna's vaccine for the youngest age group last week. Next up: Wednesday'...
Mom's Social Media Post
Leads to Son's Diagnosis
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 12, 2022 12:40 PM CST
Mom's Social Media Post Leads to Son's Diagnosis
Lock Samples is fine, except for his Uncombable hair syndrome
- A mother's social media post that featured her young son's unruly hair has led to a surprise diagnosis: It turns out that Lock Samples of Roswell, Ga., has an extremely rare condition known as uncombable hair syndrome, reports Fox 5 Atlanta . The name is self-explanatory: Lock's hair...
Has Very Public
Nov 10, 2021 9:30 AM CST
Jacinda Ardern Has Very Public Parenting Moment
NZ prime minister's toddler interrupted her during a COVID update to the nation
- Robert Kelly had his moment . Now Jacinda Ardern is having hers. The New Zealand prime minister was giving her nation a COVID update this week when she had a parenting moment that many who've had to work from home during the pandemic can relate to. Per CNN and NBC...
Toddlers in Cuba Are Now
Getting Homegrown Vaccines
Sep 15, 2021 8:21 AM CDT
Toddlers in Cuba Are Now Getting Homegrown Vaccines
Cuba is administering Soberana 2, not recognized by WHO, to kids as young as 2
- With kids still out of school since March 2020, and one of the highest coronavirus rates worldwide, Cuba announced a bold new undertaking Monday: It has begun to administer a COVID vaccine to children, even toddlers, reports Voice of America . Kids ages 2-18 are receiving Soberana 2 and the booster...
Cops: 2-Year-Old Boy
Shoots Both Parents
May 13, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
Cops: 2-Year-Old Boy Shoots Both Parents
Luckily, no one was severely injured in Wednesday morning incident in Maine
- A Maine toddler who wandered into his parents' room Wednesday morning ended up accidentally shooting them and injuring himself, cops say, but luckily, all three are expected to recover. The 2-year-old boy apparently spotted a gun, which was loaded, on one of the nightstands in the family's home in...
Toddler to Release First Album,
Recorded While Still a Fetus
Feb 3, 2021 8:44 AM CST
Toddler to Release First Album, Recorded While Still a Fetus
Luca Yupanqui's 'Sounds of the Unborn' comes out on April 2
- If Nirvana hadn't named its final studio album
, Luca Yupanqui may have had the perfect name for her own debut. Instead, the US toddler will have to settle for the slightly wordier
Sounds of the Unborn
when her album drops on April 2, the results of her...
Dishwasher May Have Saved
Toddler in Earthquake
Nov 3, 2020 11:00 AM CST
Dishwasher May Have Saved Toddler in Earthquake
91 hours later, Ayda Gezgin was found in 'life triangle' amid rubble of collapsed building
- Rescues continue after last week's powerful earthquake in Turkey, and a kitchen appliance may have helped save the life of the latest survivor to be found. A day after a 3-year-old girl was pulled out of the debris of a collapsed building in Izmir, another toddler was found alive...
Cops Asked Him
to Hand Over
He Hit the Gas
Mar 13, 2020 4:37 PM CDT
Cops Asked Him to Hand Over His Daughter. He Hit the Gas
Man dies after driving pickup truck into Kansas river; 2-year-old still missing
- A Kansas mom who went to work as usual Wednesday morning soon started receiving concerning updates from locals that her boyfriend had been seen buying liquor at a grocery store, their 2-year-old daughter in tow. Butler County Sheriff Kelly Herzet tells NBC News that the unidentified woman called her boyfriend—...
Authorities: Remains Are
Likely Missing Toddler
Mar 7, 2020 6:00 AM CST
Authorities: Remains Are Likely Missing Toddler
Officials believe 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell has been found on Tennessee property
- In a case "unlike anything," an apparent ending no one wanted. In what the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation calls a "heartbreaking update," NBC News and ABC News report that authorities believe remains found Friday on a Tennessee property are those of missing toddler Evelyn Mae Boswell....
After Video of
Jan 15, 2020 7:58 AM CST
Teen Babysitters Face Charges After Video of Toddler Vaping
'I'm disgusted,' the little boy's mom says
- A disturbing Snapchat video showing a toddler vaping has led to the arrest of two teens. Per WPXI , authorities say a 17-year-old babysitter and an 18-year-old woman who was with her were watching a 2-year-old boy at a home in St. Clair Township, Pa., on Jan. 9 when one or...
Then Ate It
Dec 23, 2019 7:00 AM CST
She Opened 'Worst Christmas Gift Ever,' Then Ate It
Toddler's reaction to a prank banana is priceless
- While some kids are hoping ( in vain ) that Baby Yoda will show up under the Christmas tree, little Aria Mojica is much easier to please. Her parents found that out when they tried to prank the 2-year-old with what dad Justice Mojica calls the "worst Christmas gift...
Family Sues Cruise Line
Over Toddler's Fatal Fall
Dec 11, 2019 10:40 AM CST
Family Sues Cruise Line Over Toddler's Fatal Fall
Chloe Wiegand fell from what her grandfather says he didn't realize was an open window
- The family of the toddler who died in a fall from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship has spoken out against the company many times, and now they're suing. Chloe Wiegand's family, in a lawsuit they announced Wednesday in Indiana two days before what would have been Chloe's...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.