Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
May 27, 2022 9:00 AM CDT
Teen Has Heart Attack After Massive Horse Kick
'I'm not going to die today' a determined 16-year-old Dalton Bruton thought
- For 16-year-old Dalton Bruton, being around horses has always been a "calming experience." Not so much last week, when the Oklahoma teen got kicked so hard by one that he ended up having a heart attack. KFOR reports on the May 19 incident on the horse farm owned...
Peloton Not Happy
After Another TV
Character's Heart Attack
Jan 25, 2022 2:09 AM CST
Peloton Not Happy After Another TV Character's Heart Attack
'Billions' scene was written before 'Sex and the City' incident, however
: Spoilers ahead for viewers of
And Just Like That...
A second television character has had a heart attack after using a Peloton exercise bike, and the company is not pleased. "We get why these fictional TV shows would want to include a brand that people love...
A Warning for
Sep 7, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
A Warning for Cannabis Users Under 45
They're almost twice as likely as nonusers to suffer a heart attack, study finds
- Heart attacks are significantly more prevalent in US adults under 45 who use cannabis than those who don't, according to researchers, who dispute the idea that cannabis is safe. Their study, published Tuesday in the
Canadian Medical Association Journal
, looks at the health data of more than 33,000...
From Bob Odenkirk,
Aug 7, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
From Bob Odenkirk, Another Update
'Better Call Saul' star says he's 'doing great,' makes poignant movie reference
- If Bob Odenkirk's words of assurance last week that he was going to be OK after suffering a "small heart attack" weren't enough to calm your nerves, let his latest update offer even more of a salve. The 58-year-old
Better Call Saul
Have Heart Issues?
A Bit of Booze Daily
'Not That Bad'
Jul 27, 2021 8:31 AM CDT
Have Heart Issues? A Bit of Booze Daily 'Not That Bad'
New research shows light to moderate alcohol consumption may protect previous heart patients
- Alcohol was the bad guy again in a recent study tying it to hundreds of thousands of cancer cases, but if you're already suffering from a cardiovascular condition? A small amount daily is "not that bad." That's how scientist Emmanuela Gakidou of the University of Washington'...
Family of DMX:
We Need Your Prayers
Apr 5, 2021 10:25 AM CDT
Family of DMX: We Need Your Prayers
Rapper, 50, remains in 'vegetative state' after heart attack
- Monday brings no reports of a medical rebound for rapper DMX. Instead, the family of the 50-year-old rapper is asking for prayers, reports
. DMX remains in what his former manager tells BuzzFeed is a "vegetative state" in White Plains Hospital after going into cardiac arrest on Friday night....
Update on DMX's Condition
Is Not Encouraging
Apr 4, 2021 5:01 AM CDT
Update on DMX's Condition Is Not Encouraging
Lawyer says rapper is breathing, but brain activity is minimal
- Saturday night brought an update on rapper DMX's condition , though not an encouraging one. His longtime lawyer, Murray Richman, confirmed that the rapper suffered a heart attack around 11pm Friday while at home. While TMZ has reported it was caused by an overdose, Richman said he did not know...
Pain' for MLB
Player at Wife's
May 19, 2020 7:33 AM CDT
'Indescribable Pain' for MLB Player at Wife's Sudden Death
Noelia Brazoban, spouse of Diamondbacks' Starling Marte, died of a heart attack
- It was a weekend of celebration for an MLB player and his family, followed by tragedy.
reports that Noelia Brazoban, the wife of Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Starling Marte, has died of a heart attack. On Twitter , MLB Network's Jon Heyman noted Brazoban had reportedly been in the...
Dead at 66
May 7, 2020 11:45 AM CDT
Bad Company Lead Singer Dead at 66
Brian Howe, also a solo artist, suffered cardiac arrest
- Brian Anthony Howe, the former lead singer of rock band Bad Company, has died at 66. Howe suffered cardiac arrest Wednesday and died either at his Florida home or on the way to a hospital, a relative tells TMZ . The singer also suffered a heart attack in 2017. Howe replaced...
Don't Make Coffee This Way
if You Have High Cholesterol
in case you missed it
Apr 26, 2020 7:11 AM CDT
Don't Make Coffee This Way if You Have High Cholesterol
Researchers say filtered coffee fares better for longevity than boiled or press-style varieties
- A Swedish study billing itself as the first to look at the tie between the way we brew our coffee and the risk of heart attacks and premature death says one type of brewing method appears healthier than the rest. The research published in the
European Journal of Preventive Cardiology
It's a Case of
Mar 29, 2020 6:00 PM CDT
That's No Heart Attack. It's a Case of Coronavirus
Doctors scramble to figure out the link between heart disease and the virus
- What looks like a heart attack can really be the coronavirus—a new twist doctors are navigating as patients flow into hospitals around the world, the
New York Times
reports. A Brooklyn patient, for example, had a troubling heart rhythm and signs of damaged heart muscle. Doctors moved to unblock...
Oct 10, 2019 7:27 AM CDT
Bernie Sanders' Slowed Pace? He 'Misspoke'
2020 candidate says he intends to run a 'very vigorous campaign'
- After it was confirmed Bernie Sanders had a heart attack last week, the Vermont senator and 2020 presidential candidate spoke to the press and suggested he'd be slowing his pace. "I think we're going to change the nature of the campaign a bit," Sanders said Tuesday,...
Oct 5, 2019 5:30 AM CDT
Campaign Confirms: Bernie Had Heart Attack
Sanders has been released from hospital after getting stents, says he's ready to get back to work
- Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders had a heart attack, his campaign confirmed Friday as the Vermont senator was released from a Nevada hospital. The 78-year-old was at a campaign event Tuesday when he experienced chest discomfort and was taken to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a heart attack,...
Singer Revered by
Kurt Cobain Dead at 58
Sep 12, 2019 6:37 AM CDT
Singer Revered by Kurt Cobain Dead at 58
Daniel Johnston cranked out dozens of albums
- His iconic "Jeremiah the Innocent" frog graces the corner of Guadalupe and 21st streets in Austin, his struggles with mental illness were well-documented, and his songs have been covered and revered by everyone from the Flaming Lips and Kurt Cobain to Tom Waits. Now, Texas and the entire musical...
First Big Study Finds a
'Polypill' Cuts Heart Risks
Aug 23, 2019 8:33 AM CDT
First Big Study Finds a 'Polypill' Cuts Heart Risks
It's got 4 medications to fight strokes, bad cholesterol, and high blood pressure
- The idea has been around for two decades or so: Give people one pill containing different drugs to fight an array of heart ailments. Now, the first major long-term study of the concept is in the books—and researchers say it works, reports the BBC . The details are laid out...
One Direction Star 'Devastated'
Over Death of Teen Sister
Mar 15, 2019 8:49 AM CDT
One Direction Star 'Devastated' Over Death of Teen Sister
Felicite Tomlinson, younger sister of Louis Tomlinson, dead at age 18 of apparent heart attack
- Felicite Tomlinson, the younger sister of One Direction star Louis Tomlinson, was trying to make some changes for her health, recently announcing she was giving up drinking and smoking. That, and her age, is what makes news out of London particularly shocking: The 18-year-old suffered a heart attack there and...
Miss Teen Universe
Winner Dead at Age 20
Mar 10, 2019 11:47 AM CDT
Miss Teen Universe Winner Dead at Age 20
Lotte van der Zee appeared to be in good health
- A former Miss Teen Universe has died after suffering a totally unexpected heart attack two weeks ago,
reports. Lotte van der Zee was hospitalized and suffered organ failure before her death Wednesday at age 20. "Our pearl, our everything passed away on Wednesday evening March 6th at 22:...
Flight Attendant Dies
During Flight From Hawaii
Jan 26, 2019 8:30 AM CST
Flight Attendant Dies During Flight From Hawaii
Emile Griffith apparently suffered a heart attack
- Flight attendants had a stressful month as the government shutdown dragged on, and now there's further sorrow within their ranks.
New York Post
report that Emile Griffith died during a Hawaiian Airlines flight Thursday from Honolulu to New York, causing the plane to be diverted...
In Women's Heart Attacks,
a Doctor's Gender Matters
Aug 7, 2018 5:06 PM CDT
In Women's Heart Attacks, a Doctor's Gender Matters
Chance of death is greater with male doctor: study
- Women suffering from a heart attack seem to have a better chance of survival if they're treated by a female doctor, according to a new study in
. Using data on 582,000 heart attack patients admitted to Florida emergency rooms from 1991 to 2010, researchers found that women...
He Was Having
a Heart Attack.
He Really Wanted
to Finish His Sod
Jul 11, 2018 11:05 AM CDT
He Was Having a Heart Attack. He Really Wanted to Finish His Sod
First responders stepped in for Gene Work and finished his chore while he had surgery
- It was a hot, humid day in Pasco County, Fla., on Saturday, and Gene Work was trying to beat the clock to lay down sod in his yard so he wouldn't face a fine from his homeowners association. But the 40-year-old, who was working with his brother-in-law Mark Rouco,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
Family of Woman Beheaded by Utah Park Gate Wants $140M
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
Trump Hid a Big Loan While President: Forbes
Here's How Things Look Ahead of Georgia's Runoff
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.