Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Greene, Other Right-Wing
GOPers Picked for Committees
Jan 18, 2023 10:05 AM CST
Greene, Other Right-Wing GOPers Picked for Committees
Greene will sit on Oversight, Homeland Security panels if OKed; Gosar, Santos also selected for seats
- It's been noted that Marjorie Taylor Greene is vying for more of a power position within the Republican Party, and it looks like she just made some headway. The Hill reports the Georgia congresswoman was selected Tuesday by the GOP-led House Steering Committee to sit on the Homeland Security...
Mar 1, 2022 7:28 AM CST
McCarthy, McConnell Slam Fellow GOPers Over America First Event
'Unacceptable,' McCarthy said of Gosar, Taylor Greene's appearances at white nationalist forum
- Marjorie Taylor Greene has already received a slap on the wrist from the chairwoman of the RNC for her appearance Friday at a white nationalist conference. Now, the Georgia congresswoman—and fellow GOPer Rep. Paul Gosar, of Arizona, who appeared virtually at the America First Political Action Conference—are on...
Greene Wants Congress'
Highest Honor for Rittenhouse
Nov 25, 2021 7:19 AM CST
Greene Wants Congress' Highest Honor for Rittenhouse
Teen who killed 2 men is 'a hero who defended his community,' she says
- Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to see Kyle Rittenhouse join George Washington, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr., and the Dalai Lama in receiving the legislative branch's highest honor. The Republican congresswoman introduced a bill Tuesday to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Rittenhouse, who fatally shot two people...
Among Republicans, Worries
Raised About Infighting
Nov 18, 2021 11:05 AM CST
Among Republicans, Worries Raised About Infighting
Senate Republicans unhappy with counterparts in the House
- By most political forecasts—including this new one at
—Republicans stand a good chance of retaking the House next year. But another theme is emerging in coverage as well: Friction within the House GOP is getting worse and threatening to hurt the party's progress. The Hill...
24th House Member
in History to Be Censured
Nov 17, 2021 4:26 PM CST
Gosar Becomes 24th House Member in History to Be Censured
Resolution passed 223-207, with 2 Republicans joining all Democrats
: The House of Representatives voted 223-207 Wednesday to censure Republican Rep. Paul Gosar for sharing an animated video that showed him killing Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with a sword. Gosar—the 24th House member to be censured in the chamber's history, and the first since 2010—stood in...
AOC Slams 'Creepy'
Gosar After Anime Video
Nov 9, 2021 8:30 AM CST
AOC Slams 'Creepy' Gosar After Anime Video
GOP lawmaker depicts himself killing her, attacking Biden with swords
- GOP Rep. Paul Gosar, a staunch ally of former President Trump, is no stranger to controversy . And the Arizona lawmaker is courting it anew with an anime video posted to Twitter and Instagram. Coverage:
You can watch it here . The two most controversial parts depict him killing Alexandria
Jan. 6 Protest Planners:
Oct 25, 2021 11:20 AM CDT
Jan. 6 Protest Planners: Lawmaker Floated 'Blanket Pardon'
'Rolling Stone' talks to pair of organizers about Rep. Paul Gosar, others
is out with an exclusive that features interviews with two unnamed organizers of the Jan. 6 protest in DC, both of whom are cooperating with the House panel investigating the violence of that day. Both men say they met or otherwise interacted with White House officials (particularly...
Calls His Views
on Jan. 6
Jun 17, 2021 4:07 PM CDT
Gosar's Family Calls His Views on Jan. 6 'Despicable'
Brothers call Rep. Paul Gosar 'a pathological liar'
- After Rep. Paul Gosar said a Capitol Police officer "executed" a rioter on Jan. 6 in the US Capitol, pushback came from close to home. Tim and David Gosar, brothers of the Arizona Republican, said Thursday he's essentially gone round the bend. For someone who "peddles in...
Siblings of 2
Call for Removal
Jan 21, 2021 1:00 PM CST
Siblings of 2 Congressmen Call for Removal From Office
Ariz. Reps. Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar face family's blame for Capitol riot
- Critics of lawmakers who backed President Trump's election challenges want them removed from office, and those critics sometimes include their own relatives. Two of Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs' four siblings are calling for the Republican's removal in a letter to the editor at the
. William Biggs...
New Narrative Emerges
on Right About Protests
Jan 7, 2021 10:20 AM CST
New Narrative Emerges on Right About Protests
They're blaming antifa for the violence
- In the wake of Wednesday's violence in Washington, a new narrative has emerged on the right about what happened. It boils down to this: Don't blame us, blame the far-left activists of antifa. The accusation is that members of the latter group infiltrated pro-Trump protests and turned them...
Giuliani Met for
10 Hours With
Now, a Shutdown
Dec 7, 2020 10:25 AM CST
Giuliani Met for 10 Hours With Ariz. Lawmakers. Now, a Shutdown
State House and Senate closed for the week after Trump lawyer tests positive for COVID-19
- Whether Rudy Giuliani brought down the house during his testimony last week on alleged election fraud is debatable—but he did succeed in shutting down the House, and the Senate, in Arizona after he tested positive Sunday for COVID-19. The
reports the state legislature is closing shop for...
Jan 7, 2020 7:43 AM CST
Congressman Unapologetic Over Fake Obama Picture
GOP's Paul Gosar defiant after posting doctored photo of ex-president, Iranian President Rouhani
- A GOP congressman circulated a fake photo of former President Obama on Monday, showing him shaking hands with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani. Arizona Rep. Paul Gosar tweeted the photo, adding the caption, "The world is a better place without these guys in power." The photo has long been...
In Lawmaker's Impeachment
Tweets, a 'Morbid Acrostic'
Nov 14, 2019 8:57 AM CST
In Lawmaker's Impeachment Tweets, a 'Morbid Acrostic'
GOP Rep. Paul Gosar spelled out 'EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF'
- Politicians and lawmakers use social media for all kinds of reasons: to inform their constituents, educate the general public, air grievances , and ... post "morbid acrostics"? That's what Politico says GOP Rep. Paul Gosar's Twitter account did Wednesday as it live-tweeted the first public Trump impeachment hearing...
Pope Francis Arrives:
5 Unusual Details of His Visit
Sep 22, 2015 6:49 AM CDT
Pope Francis Arrives: 5 Unusual Details of His Visit
It's a big deal
- Pope Francis sets foot on US soil at 4pm today (full schedule here ), and officials in DC, New York, and Philly are scrambling to ensure a smooth, safe stay. Here are five of the more unusual details of his visit:
The visit has spurred one of the largest security
Bill: No More First-Class
Flights for Lawmakers
May 13, 2014 11:17 AM CDT
Bill: No More First-Class Flights for Lawmakers
Taxpayers should only cover coach seats, House sponsors say
- If federal lawmakers want to kick back in first-class, they'll have to do it on their own dime—or so hopes a new House bill. "At a time of massive deficits and with a national debt in excess of $17 trillion, members of Congress should not be using...
Accessory to Murder? Holder Cries Foul on GOP Charge
Oct 8, 2011 8:15 AM CDT
Accessory to Murder? Holder Cries Foul on GOP Charge
Rhetoric on Fast and Furious program is out of hand, he tells Congress
- When a congressman suggested that White House officials could be charged with accessory to murder over the botched Fast and Furious gun-tracking program , he apparently touched a nerve. Attorney General Eric Holder fired off an unusually aggressive five-page letter to Congress complaining about the "base" level of public discourse,...
Popular on Newser
Boomers Throw a Wrench Into Housing Market
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
Here's Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year for 2023
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.