Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dingo Steals Handbag,
Snacks From Boat
Sep 25, 2023 6:05 PM CDT
Dingo Steals Handbag, Snacks From Boat
Owners say it made 3 trips to unoccupied vessel
- The island of K'Gari off the coast of Queensland, Australia, has around as many dingoes as people—and even boats aren't safe from the wild dogs when they're looking for food. Tourists on the island, formerly known as Fraser Island, recorded video of a dingo that swam...
Dingo Poisoning Has
Aug 6, 2020 2:25 PM CDT
Dingo Poisoning Has Unintended Effect
The animals are getting bigger, say Australian researchers
- Australian researchers have made an odd discovery: Dingoes are getting bigger—but only in areas where long-term poison campaigns against them have been in place. It seems the bait traps have the unintended consequence of making the surviving animals larger, reports Science Daily . "The most likely theory is that...
This Time, Dingoes
Didn't Get the Baby
Apr 19, 2019 4:27 AM CDT
This Time, Dingoes Didn't Get the Baby
Aussie dad fought off animals to save son
- Rescue personnel say a father fought off several dingoes to save his 14-month-old son from one of the wild dogs that was dragging the boy from their camper van on an Australian island early Friday. The boy had deep cuts on his head from the attack on Fraser Island in...
Dad in Australia's 'Dingo
Took My Baby' Case Dies
Jan 11, 2017 11:47 AM CST
Dad in Australia's 'Dingo Took My Baby' Case Dies
Michael Chamberlain, then-wife wrongly convicted in daughter's death
- It's a phrase synonymous with "the dog ate my homework." But for years, Michael Chamberlain tried to convince the world that it was true, that in the reported words of his former wife, "the dingo took my baby." He died Monday at age 72 of...
Genes Show Ancient
Jan 15, 2013 12:03 AM CST
Genes Show Ancient Link Between Australia, India
Migrants from India brought dingoes, researchers say
- The belief that Australia's Aborigines existed in isolation for tens of thousands of years before the arrival of European settlers has been upended by a new genetic study, the BBC reports. Researchers found that while there is a strong genetic link between Aboriginal Australians and the people of New...
32 Years Ago
Jun 12, 2012 3:35 AM CDT
Take Baby 32 Years Ago
New inquest clears Azaria Chamberlain's parents
- The parents of Azaria Chamberlain have finally been exonerated 32 years after their 9-week-old baby vanished from a campsite in the Outback, sparking one of the most controversial investigations in Australian history. The evidence shows that a "dingo or dingoes entered the tent, attacked Azaria, and dragged or carried...
'Dingo Took My Baby'
Dec 18, 2011 11:59 AM CST
'Dingo Took My Baby' Case Reopened
Australia will look into disappearance of Azaria Chamberlain for 4th time
- A fresh turn in the spotlight for an infamous, three-decade-old case: Australia will conduct a fourth inquest into the death of Azaria Chamberlain, who disappeared in 1980 in the Australian outback; her mother famously said that a dingo took the nine-week-old child from their tent. Lindy Chamberlain-Creighton was found guilty...
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Judge Sentences Woman to Work in Fast Food Restaurant
Gunman Kills 3 at UNLV, Critically Wounds Another
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Kevin McCarthy to Exit the House at Month's End
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.