Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
A Calm Ivanka Trump
Takes the Stand
Nov 8, 2023 12:27 PM CST
A Calm Ivanka Trump Takes the Stand
She says she can't recall many details
- Ivanka Trump testified Wednesday in the New York civil fraud trial against her father and the family business—and the atmosphere was a lot calmer than it was on Monday, when Donald Trump repeatedly clashed with Judge Arthur Engoron. The BBC reports that she "remained composed" while answering questions...
Ivanka Will 'Walk a Tightrope'
in Trump Trial Testimony
Nov 8, 2023 8:14 AM CST
Ivanka Will 'Walk a Tightrope' in Trump Trial Testimony
Former president's daughter to take the stand Wednesday in New York in civil fraud case
- Wednesday's the day for Ivanka Trump to take the witness stand in the New York civil fraud trial against her father, former President Trump, and his Trump Organization. ABC News reports that the younger Trump, who served as an executive VP at the Trump Organization before she became an...
Ivanka Trump: I Shouldn't Have
to Testify During 'School Week'
Nov 3, 2023 12:26 AM CDT
Ivanka Trump: I Shouldn't Have to Testify During 'School Week'
She's appealing the order that she must testify in Trump fraud trial
- Ivanka Trump is appealing a judge's order requiring her to testify in the Trump Organization fraud trial next week, and she's asking the court to put the trial on pause while her appeal is considered, NBC News reports. "Ms. Trump, who resides in Florida with her three...
Will Have to Testify
Oct 27, 2023 11:11 AM CDT
Ivanka Trump Will Have to Testify
Judge sides with NY prosecutors who argued former first daughter has relevant information
- Ivanka Trump will have to take the witness stand in the civil fraud case against her father, her brothers, and the family business, a judge ruled Friday, per the AP . The ruling came weeks into the trial of New York Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit against former President Trump, sons...
Trump: Kids Not Coming
Back to DC With Me
Jun 20, 2023 11:32 AM CDT
Trump: Kids Not Coming Back to DC With Me
Says 'it's too painful for the family'
- If former President Trump takes the "former" out of his title next year, don't look for a Trump administration to be as much of a family affair as it was the first time around. In his interview with Fox News on Monday night, he addressed the subject of...
NY AG: Trumps Stalling on
May 4, 2023 7:25 AM CDT
NY AG: Trumps Stalling on Documents—Especially Ivanka
Letitia James' office says former president, kids are hanging on to relevant correspondence in civil case
- Last year, former President Trump was held in contempt of court and ordered to pay a $110,000 fine for not complying with a subpoena from the New York attorney general's office in a civil complaint against him. Now, the office of DA Letitia James is slamming Trump, the...
Mar 24, 2023 9:41 AM CDT
Melania 'Doesn't Sympathize' With Trump's Mess: Report
Former first lady is said to still be 'angry' about Stormy Daniels hubbub but is 'leading her own life'
- As the world waits to see if the first indictment against a former US president is coming, one person close to Donald Trump is said to not be particularly understanding about his situation. Wife Melania Trump "doesn't sympathize with Donald's plight" over an alleged hush money payment...
This Time, Ivanka Trump
Is Staying Out of Politics
Nov 16, 2022 7:10 PM CST
This Time, Ivanka Trump Is Staying Out of Politics
She's not getting involved in father's 2024 run
- Donald Trump i s running for president again —but this time, Ivanka Trump is not on board. Trump's eldest daughter, who introduced him before he announced his candidacy in 2015, was not present when he spoke at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday night. In a statement minutes after Trump announced...
Trump, Kim Jong Un
Might Still Be in Touch
Sep 28, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Trump, Kim Jong Un Might Still Be in Touch
Book reveals Trump's casual racism, apparently ongoing relationship with North Korean leader
- We already know Maggie Haberman's upcoming book on President Trump claims he vowed not to leave the White House and clogged toilets trying to flush away papers . Now new revelations are flooding out ahead of Tuesday's release of
Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking
NY Attorney General Sues
Trump, His Kids, His Company
Sep 21, 2022 10:49 AM CDT
NY Attorney General Sues Trump, His Kids, His Company
Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit is culmination of 3-year civil investigation
- New York's attorney general sued former President Trump and his company on Wednesday, alleging business fraud involving some of their most prized assets, including properties in Manhattan, Chicago, and Washington, DC. Attorney General Letitia James' lawsuit , filed in state court in New York, is the culmination of the Democrat'...
Chelsea Explains Why She,
Ivanka Aren't Friends Anymore
Sep 9, 2022 1:10 PM CDT
Chelsea Explains Why She, Ivanka Aren't Friends Anymore
Trump daughter 'went to the dark side,' Clinton daughter tells Andy Cohen on his show
- In 2016, as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump lobbed barbs at each other in the lead-up to the election that November, Clinton's daughter, Chelsea, noted in an interview that, despite their parents' apparent antipathy, she would consider teaming up with Ivanka Trump to do a "daughters summit."...
New York Puts Off Depositions
of Trumps After Death
Jul 15, 2022 4:10 PM CDT
New York Puts Off Depositions of Trumps After Death
Attorney general agrees to postponement in investigation of family business activities
- Former President Donald Trump and two of his children got their questioning postponed Friday in a New York civil investigation into their business dealings, a delay that follows the death of Trump's ex-wife Ivana. The ex-president, son Donald Jr. and daughter Ivanka had been scheduled for depositions starting as...
Trump Responds to Ivanka's
View on Election Fraud
Jun 10, 2022 8:59 AM CDT
Trump Responds to Ivanka's View on Election Fraud
Former president says she 'had checked out,' wasn't plugged in to same information he had
- Former President Trump doesn't sound thrilled with daughter Ivanka's view of the 2020 election. In Thursday night's House hearing on the election aftermath and Capitol riot, the panel played a snippet of Ivanka's videotaped testimony in which she said she accepted then-Attorney General William Barr's...
After 3 Years, Trump Will
Face the Music in NY Court
Jun 9, 2022 6:27 AM CDT
After 3 Years, Trump Will Face the Music in NY Court
Former president, 2 children will give depositions starting July 15
- Former President Trump, his namesake son, and his daughter Ivanka have agreed to answer questions under oath next month in the civil investigation by state Attorney General Letitia James into his business practices—unless their lawyers persuade the state's highest court to step in. A Manhattan judge signed off...
Jared Kushner on Election
Night: 'We're Moving to Miami'
Jun 8, 2022 3:29 PM CDT
Jared Kushner on Election Night: 'We're Moving to Miami'
Neither he nor Ivanka believed claims of stolen election, reports the 'New York Times'
- Books offering new details about the actions of the Trump family in the wake of the 2020 election keep coming, and the latest nugget focuses on Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. In the
New York Times
, Peter Baker reports that neither believed Donald Trump's claims about a stolen election,...
Ivanka Trump Testifies
Before Jan. 6 Panel
Apr 5, 2022 7:45 PM CDT
Ivanka Trump Testifies Before Jan. 6 Panel
'She's answering questions,' says House committee's chairman
: Ivanka Trump, who spent much of Jan. 6, 2021 with father Donald Trump, testified Tuesday before the House panel investigating the Capitol riot. Sources tell Reuters that the former senior White House adviser testified for around eight hours. Her husband, Jared Kushner, spoke to the panel last week. "...
Court Requires Trumps
to Answer Under Oath
Feb 17, 2022 3:46 PM CST
Court Requires Trumps to Answer Under Oath
Calling former president a citizen, judge orders depositions in New York civil investigation
- Former President Donald Trump; his daughter Ivanka; and son, Donald Jr. were ordered Thursday to provide sworn testimony in an investigation of their business practices. The Trumps had gone to court to get the subpoenas from New York Attorney General Letitia James' office thrown out, arguing the civil investigation is...
Jan. 6 Panel Wants Ivanka
to Discuss Trump-Pence Call
Jan 20, 2022 1:14 PM CST
Jan. 6 Panel Wants Ivanka to Discuss Trump-Pence Call
Committee asks her to sit for interview on what she saw and heard in regard to the Capitol riot
- The House panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot wants Ivanka Trump to answer questions about what she saw and heard at the White House. The special committee sent Ivanka Trump a letter inviting her to sit for an interview in early February, reports the Hill . “The Committee would...
Trump Family Asks Judge
to Quash Subpoenas
Jan 4, 2022 12:01 AM CST
Trump Family Asks Judge to Quash Subpoenas
A decision is not expected for at least a month
Lawyers for Donald Trump and his two eldest children, Ivanka and Donald Jr., asked a judge on Monday night to quash the subpoenas issued to the three Trumps last month. Allowing them to testify in the civil probe would set a "dangerous precedent," their court filing argues,...
Behind Florida's Real Estate
Pitch, a More Sobering Stat
Mar 15, 2021 11:35 AM CDT
Behind Florida's Real Estate Pitch, a More Sobering Stat
Roughly the same number of people are moving out of the state as moving in
- A splashy narrative has emerged in Florida amid the pandemic from politicians and real estate developers, writes Candace Taylor in the
Wall Street Journal
. It states that Florida is the place to be for tech workers and uber-rich hedge fund execs looking to flee Silicon Valley and New York. And...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Police Raid Moscow Gay Bars After Anti-LGBTQ+ Ruling
Ecologists Want People to 'Adopt' These 'Water Monsters'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.