Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM CDT
Emmy Awards Delayed Indefinitely
This is the first time show has been postponed since 2001
- The Emmy Awards have been officially postponed due to the strikes that have brought Hollywood to a standstill. Vendors have been informed that with actors and writers on strike, the show will definitely not be happening on the original date of September 18,
reports. No new date has been...
3 HBO Shows Score
74 Emmy Nominations
Jul 12, 2023 12:40 PM CDT
3 HBO Shows Score 74 Emmy Nominations
'Succession' leads the way with 27
- HBO dominated Wednesday morning's Emmy nominations, with the elite trio of
The White Lotus
The Last of Us
combining for a whopping 74—though the news comes against the backdrop of the ongoing writers strike and the looming possibility that actors may join them in as little...
Kimmel Takes Flak
Over Emmys Stunt
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 17, 2022 12:50 PM CDT
Kimmel Takes Flak Over Emmys Stunt
He's accused of upstaging winner Quinta Brunson
- Jimmy Kimmel is taking a fair amount of flak online Tuesday over a jokey stunt he pulled at Monday night's Emmy Awards. He and Will Arnett presented the award for best writing in a comedy series, except that Kimmel pretended to be drunk over losing in his own category,...
These Are Your
Sep 13, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
These Are Your Emmy Winners
'Succession,' 'Ted Lasso' win top honors
topped the Emmy Awards on Monday, in a ceremony that touted the influence of TV and extended honors to
and winners who delivered messages of empowerment. The evening's uplifting tone, as voiced especially by Zendaya, Lizzo, and Sheryl Lee Ralph, was in contrast...
Barack Obama Is
Halfway to an EGOT
Sep 4, 2022 7:30 AM CDT
Barack Obama Is Halfway to an EGOT
Former president wins Emmy for narrating national parks series
- Barack Obama is halfway to an EGOT. The former president won an Emmy Award on Saturday to go with his two Grammys. Obama won the best narrator Emmy for his work on the Netflix documentary series,
Our Great National Parks
. The five-part show, which features national parks from around the...
Hair and Makeup
Designer Dead of COVID
Oct 5, 2021 3:30 AM CDT
Hair and Makeup Designer Dead of COVID
2 weeks after accepting an Emmy award in LA
- On Sept. 19, Marc Pilcher accepted an Emmy Award for his hair and makeup design work on
. Two weeks later, he died of COVID-19. The 53-year-old tested negative for the virus multiple times as he traveled from the UK to Los Angeles and back again for the ceremony, but...
This Isn't Very
Sep 20, 2021 12:32 AM CDT
Seth Rogen at Emmys: This Isn't Very COVID-Safe
Actor appears shocked at COVID protocols
- Seth Rogen presented an award at Sunday night's Emmy Awards , but he didn't sound too comfortable with the whole thing. "Let me start by saying: there’s way too many of us in this little room," he said. The event took place outdoors in a tent,...
Here Are Your Emmy Winners
Sep 20, 2021 12:00 AM CDT
Here Are Your Emmy Winners
'The Crown' and 'Ted Lasso' are big winners
The Queen’s Gambit
combined with Apple TV+’s
to win top series honors at Sunday’s Emmy Awards, a first for streaming services that have cemented their rise to prominence in the television industry, the AP reports. "I’m at a...
to Go Light
Sep 19, 2021 1:00 PM CDT
Emmy Host to Go Light on Politics
Cedric the Entertainer says the emphasis will be on celebration
- The Emmy Awards will be held in a tent Sunday night instead of a theater, the big winners look likely to be streaming services instead of broadcast networks, and political humor might be among the losers. Cedric the Entertainer, who will host the show, has signaled he won't revisit...
Cuomo Just Lost His Emmy
Aug 24, 2021 6:38 PM CDT
Cuomo Just Lost His Emmy
Award granted for COVID briefings was rescinded hours after he left office
- Andrew Cuomo is now an ex-governor—and an ex-Emmy winner. The former New York governor, who resigned amid sexual harassment allegations, has been stripped of the award he was granted last year , reports Politico . The move was announced by the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences hours after Cuomo...
Here Are This Year's
Jul 13, 2021 12:00 PM CDT
Here Are This Year's Emmy Nominees
The Crown and The Mandalorian have the most nominations
- "The Crown" tied with "The Mandalorian" for the most Emmy nominations Tuesday with 24 apiece, but the Marvel universe also got bragging rights with runner-up "WandaVision." The nominations reinforced the rapid rise of streaming, with the top-nominated scripted shows on services that largely emerged in the...
Cicely Tyson Played
Roles of 'Real Substance'
Jan 28, 2021 7:00 PM CST
Cicely Tyson Played Roles of 'Real Substance'
Groundbreaking actor starred in 'Sounder' and 'The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman'
- Cicely Tyson, the pioneering Black actor who received an Oscar nomination for her role as a sharecropper’s wife in
, won a Tony Award in 2013 at age 88, and touched TV viewers’ hearts in
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
, died Thursday at age 96. Tyson's death...
Cuomo Is Getting an
Emmy. No, the Other One
Nov 21, 2020 3:10 PM CST
Cuomo Is Getting an Emmy. No, the Other One
New York's governor is applauded for his 'masterful use of television'
- And the Emmy award goes to ... New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced Friday that it was giving Cuomo an international Emmy for his "masterful use of television to inform and calm people around the world" during the pandemic, the
Loved Jen Aniston's
Firefighting at Emmys
Sep 21, 2020 8:20 AM CDT
Not Everyone Loved Jen Aniston's Firefighting at Emmys
Some say joke involving a flaming trash can was insensitive to those affected by Calif. wildfires
- At any moment during the past eight months or so, have you felt like just setting everything on fire? In that regard, Jimmy Kimmel was all of us Sunday night at the Emmy Awards, and Jennifer Aniston was the hero who swooped in to temper our fears and put out...
This Show Just Made
History at the Emmys
Sep 21, 2020 6:53 AM CDT
This Show Just Made History at the Emmys
'Schitt's Creek' sweeps comedy awards
, the little Canadian show about a fish-out-of-water family, made history at Sunday's Emmy Awards with a comedy awards sweep, something even TV greats including
failed to achieve, the AP reports. The awards for the Pop TV series included best comedy series and...
A Big Wish
at Tonight's Emmys
Sep 20, 2020 7:44 AM CDT
A Big Wish for
at Tonight's Emmys
Rachel Simon hopes the underdog wins for once
- The Emmys are tonight, and Rachel Simon is rooting for the underdog—albeit, an underdog that managed to rack up 15 nominations for its sixth and final season. She's lobbying for
the beloved Canadian sitcom that follows a family who lost their fortune and ends up...
Emmys Could Take You
Into Celebrities' Bedrooms
Jul 30, 2020 12:30 AM CDT
Emmys Could Take You Into Celebrities' Bedrooms
Awards show tells celebs 'we'll come to you!'
- The Emmys will be held virtually, host Jimmy Kimmel and the producers of the awards show confirmed Wednesday. "As you’ve probably guessed, we’re not going to be asking you to come to the Microsoft Theatre in downtown LA on September 20th," reads a letter sent to...
Singled Me Out
Oct 10, 2019 1:16 PM CDT
Mindy Kaling: Emmys Organizers Singled Me Out
Television Academy insists it did not
- In a new interview with
, Mindy Kaling revealed that in her early days on
, the Television Academy wanted to cut her (the only woman of color on the production team) from the list of producers when the show was nominated for an Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy, because...
Emmys Took a Dig
at Felicity Huffman
Sep 23, 2019 7:53 AM CDT
Emmys Took a Dig at Felicity Huffman
Commentator jokes about previous winners watching from prison
- One of the jokes during the Emmy broadcast Sunday night drew more attention than the rest. The show didn't have a host, but it did have a commentator in comedian Thomas Lennon, and he delivered a clear jab at Felicity Huffman. “The producers have asked me to give...
A Major Upset,
a Historic Win at
This Year's Emmys
Sep 23, 2019 6:42 AM CDT
A Major Upset, a Historic Win at This Year's Emmys
Julia Louis-Dreyfus lost out
- The no-host, three-hour 71st annual Emmy Awards kicked off at 8pm ET Sunday, with Ben Stiller handing out the first award for best supporting actor in a comedy series to Tony Shalhoub for
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
—after a chat with Bob Newhart. Presenters included Lin-Manuel Miranda, Hugh Laurie, Maya...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Investigation Lobs Disturbing Allegations Against Candy Giant
A 'Familiar Maternal Face on TV' Dead at 93
Morgan Names Royals Who Made Alleged Racist Comments
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.