Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
A Job Ad
Causes a Fuss
Sep 30, 2019 8:41 AM CDT
A Job Ad on Breitbart Causes a Fuss
LAPD chief wondered if it was a spoof to 'discredit' department
- "Choose your future. LAPD is hiring!" The ad itself certainly isn't offensive—but the Los Angeles Police Department indicated the placement of it was. The department launched an inquiry over the weekend after being asked about the recruitment ad's appearance on Breitbart, a right-wing website that...
Breitbart Posts Video of Google
Execs' Reaction to Trump Win
Sep 13, 2018 6:59 AM CDT
Breitbart Posts Video of Google Execs' Reaction to Trump Win
Site says it's evidence of bias, but Google says personal opinions don't affect products
- Breitbart is out with a headline-generating video of Google executives reacting to the election of Donald Trump at the first staff meeting following his win. In Breitbart's view, the hour-long video "reveals an atmosphere of panic and dismay amongst the tech giant’s leadership, coupled with a...
US Ambassador's Interview
Causes a Ruckus in Germany
Jun 5, 2018 11:40 AM CDT
US Ambassador's Interview Causes a Ruckus in Germany
Richard Grenell accused of politicizing his post by expressing support for right-wing groups
- When Richard Grenell began serving as US ambassador to Germany in May, he was accused of offending his hosts on his very first day with a tweet about how German businesses should get out of Iran. A month later, Grenell has once again raised the ire of German politicians, this...
Made a Big
Jan 10, 2018 10:46 AM CST
Steve Bannon Made a Big Mistake With Trump
He forgot who was the 'boss' and who was the 'underling,' writes one analyst. So what's next?
- Now that he's out of the White House, lost his main financial backer , and been ousted from Breitbart News , what comes next for Steve Bannon? That remained very much unclear on Wednesday, although one thing was clarified: "Fox News will not be hiring Steve Bannon," a network...
Steve Bannon Is Out
at Breitbart News
Jan 9, 2018 3:20 PM CST
Steve Bannon Is Out at Breitbart News
Denunciation by President Trump may have doomed him
- Steve Bannon is gone from Breitbart News, the apparent result of the fallout over his inflammatory comments in the new Trump book . Breitbart announced the move Tuesday but did not provide a reason. Bannon had served as executive chairman of the right-wing news outlet since 2012. The
New York Times
Key Backer Abandons Bannon
Jan 5, 2018 5:42 AM CST
Key Backer Abandons Bannon
His future at Breitbart may be in doubt
- Thursday was not a good day for Steve Bannon—or the revolution against the GOP establishment he hoped to lead this year. Allies are abandoning the former White House strategist after his split with President Trump, including Breitbart co-owner Rebekah Mercer, a key financial backer. "I support President Trump...
Vows to Sue
Nov 13, 2017 5:44 AM CST
Roy Moore Vows to Sue
Breitbart is targeting his accusers
- Senior Republicans are backing away from Roy Moore amid allegations of sexual misconduct—but Breitbart.com is still firmly on the Alabama US Senate candidate's side. Steve Bannon has sent at least two reporters to Alabama in an attempt to discredit Moore's accusers, Axios reports. Leigh Corfman says...
Pence Pick Is 'the
Price We Pay'
Oct 11, 2017 7:21 AM CDT
Bannon Emails: Pence Pick Is 'the Price We Pay'
He called Trump's vice presidential selection 'an unfortunate necessity'
- Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon referred to Mike Pence as "an unfortunate necessity" during the 2016 presidential election. Responding to an email from former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos, who asked Bannon's thoughts on Pence on the day he was announced as Trump's running mate, Breitbart'...
9 Arrests as Conservative
Firebrand Speaks at Berkeley
Sep 15, 2017 10:21 AM CDT
9 Arrests as Conservative Firebrand Speaks at Berkeley
School spends $600K on security for Ben Shapiro appearance
- A phalanx of police and a campus on virtual lockdown Thursday accomplished the University of California, Berkeley, administration's goal of allowing a conservative to speak at the famously liberal university, one that has become known more recently for its violent demonstrations between those with opposing viewpoints. Outside, hundreds of...
Aug 22, 2017 5:31 AM CDT
Breitbart Slams Trump 'Flip-Flop' on Afghanistan
Generals talked Trump into changing mind
- In what some of his critics on the right saw as a decision as bad as looking at the eclipse without glasses , President Trump announced Monday night that he is going against his "original instinct" and reaffirming the US commitment in Afghanistan instead of pulling troops out. Trump had...
Breitbart's Low-Profile Editor:
Bias Is in Story Selection
Aug 16, 2017 5:26 PM CDT
Breitbart's Low-Profile Editor: Bias Is in Story Selection
Alex Marlow is hearing critics from both the left and right
- Even those with more than a passing familiarity to Breitbart News might be hard pressed to name its editor. That is intentional, explains a
New York Times Magazine
feature on 31-year-old Alex Marlow. He has been Breitbart's editor for four years now and keeps a low profile, even among...
Breitbart in Danger of Losing
Capitol Hill Press Credentials
Apr 25, 2017 1:21 PM CDT
Breitbart in Danger of Losing Capitol Hill Press Credentials
There are concerns it's too closely tied to a GOP advocacy group
- Breitbart's temporary press credentials to cover Congress won't be extended, and its application for permanent credentials is no longer being considered, Politico reports. The secretary for the Capitol Hill Standing Committee of Correspondents, which oversees credentialing, tells
that Breitbart simply is "not ready." The...
Mar 16, 2017 12:48 PM CDT
Breitbart Editor Explains His Wiretapping Story
Joel Pollak wrote piece after hearing radio's Mark Levin lay out theory
- As the Trump wiretapping hubbub continues to hover, NBC's Chuck Todd has offered some insight on where the president may have come up with his theory. On Wednesday's
Meet the Press Daily
, Todd chatted with Breitbart News editor Joel Pollak , author of a connect-the-dots piece on the site...
Breitbart Releases Old Audio
of Ryan Dissing Trump
Mar 14, 2017 10:27 AM CDT
Breitbart Releases Old Audio of Ryan Dissing Trump
Move comes amid speaker's struggle to push health care plan in Congress
- Breitbart News is going after Paul Ryan as the House speaker tries to push the GOP's alternative to ObamaCare through Congress. The website released audio of Ryan on a call with House Republicans from back in October, just after the leak of the infamous "grab her by...
German Police 'in Disbelief'
Over False Breitbart Story
Jan 7, 2017 1:06 PM CST
German Police 'in Disbelief' Over False Breitbart Story
Breitbart accused of spreading 'fake news, hate, and propaganda'
- German police say they're "in disbelief" over a false story published by Breitbart, which a local publication claims was trying to create "an image of chaotic civil war-like conditions in Germany, caused by Islamist aggressors." The AFP reports Breitbart ran a story titled "1,000-man...
Weather Channel to Breitbart:
You're Using Our Video
to Mislead People
Dec 7, 2016 7:52 AM CST
Weather Channel to Breitbart: You're Using Our Video to Mislead People
Climate change is real, channel tells conservative site
- The world is getting warmer—and Breitbart.com just got burned. The Weather Channel laid into the conservative site Tuesday for using one of its videos in what it says was a misleading article , which claimed the "last three years may eventually come to be seen as the final...
Dec 1, 2016 4:07 AM CST
Breitbart Has Declared War on Kellogg
Conservative site fumes over ad pull
- In a development future historians may see as quintessentially 2016, Breitbart.com has declared war on Kellogg. The news site's declaration of "#WAR" and call for a boycott came after Kellogg announced that it will no longer advertise on the right-wing site because it isn't "aligned...
Kellogg Pulls Ads
Nov 30, 2016 12:24 AM CST
Kellogg Pulls Ads From Breitbart
Conservative site calls move 'un-American'
- Kellogg has announced that it will no longer advertise on Breitbart.com, the website formerly run by one of President-elect Donald Trump's top aides, Steve Bannon, reports the AP . The food manufacturer decided to discontinue advertising on the site as soon as it was alerted by consumers to the...
Steve Bannon Is
Who 'Wants to
Burn It All Down':
Nov 14, 2016 6:52 PM CST
Steve Bannon Is 'Terrifying Man' Who 'Wants to Burn It All Down': Glenn Beck
Trump's chief strategist draws fire from all sides
- Glenn Beck has joined a chorus of voices expressing deep concern about Donald Trump's appointment of Steve Bannon as his chief strategist, Mediaite reports. Beck, who rose to prominence much like Bannon did—as a fiery, fear-mongering voice in conservative circles—minced no words Monday, calling Bannon "a...
Meet Trump's 'Dangerous'
New Campaign Chief
Aug 18, 2016 6:11 AM CDT
Meet Trump's 'Dangerous' New Campaign Chief
Breitbart co-founder 'loves the fight'
- Donald Trump has doubled down on Trumpism with the appointment of new campaign CEO Stephen Bannon —and many people, including some who worked with him at Breitbart News, sound pretty worried about where he's going to take the campaign. One thing is clear: It's not a move...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UN Has Harsh Words for Iran Over Child's Execution
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
On the Day the Rats Arrived, He Filled 18 Bags With Bodies
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cause of Death Released for Former Child Star
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.