Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Carlson Addresses His
Hate Texts on Trump
Mar 22, 2023 9:55 AM CDT
Carlson Addresses His Hate Texts on Trump
Fox host says he 'wounded' former president, told him 'I love Trump' when Trump called him
- An upset Donald Trump called Tucker Carlson after the public airing of private text messages in which the Fox News host claimed to passionately hate the former president . "I was absolutely infuriated," Carlson said Monday about the release of his texts and emails as part of Dominion Voting...
'A Shock to All': Mom Charged
With Cyberbullying Own Teen
Dec 21, 2022 8:06 AM CST
'A Shock to All': Mom Charged With Cyberbullying Own Teen
Kendra Licari faces 5 charges after allegedly sending 'tens of thousands' of mean texts
- A mother in Michigan is facing five felony charges after allegedly sending thousands of bullying messages to teens—including her own daughter. Prosecutors say the harassment began in early 2021 when Kendra Licari was working as a basketball coach at her daughter's school. The 42-year-old actually helped investigate the...
Lawyers 'Messed Up,' Sending
Alex Jones' Texts to Opponents
Aug 3, 2022 7:15 PM CDT
Lawyers 'Messed Up,' Sending Alex Jones' Texts to Opponents
Infowars host had said under oath that there was nothing on his phone about Sandy Hook killings
- Alex Jones said in a sworn deposition that there's nothing on his cellphone about the Sandy Hook school massacre. That position became uncomfortable Wednesday when the Infowars host was on the stand in his defamation trial in Texas and learned that his lawyers "messed up." Mark Bankston,...
Are Missing, Too
Jul 29, 2022 12:00 PM CDT
Texts From DHS Officials Are Missing, Too
Inspector General Joseph Cuffari failed to notify Congress: 'Washington Post'
- Texts from Secret Service agents related to Jan. 6, 2021, aren't the only messages to have escaped the peering eyes of the House select committee. According to the
, texts between the two top officials at the Department of Homeland Security under former President Trump sent in the...
Secret Service Finds 1 Text.
'I Smell a Rat,' Raskin Says
Jul 20, 2022 6:25 PM CDT
Secret Service Finds 1 Text. 'I Smell a Rat,' Raskin Says
Jan. 6 committee member finds agency's loss of messages an odd coincidence
- A subpoena for Secret Service text messages issued by the House committee investigating the Capitol attack has yielded precisely one transmission. The communication turned over was a request for help sent Jan. 6 by Steven Sund, a Capitol police officer at the time. "That's all that we have,...
Secret Service Over
Jul 16, 2022 1:35 PM CDT
Committee Subpoenas Secret Service Over Text Messages
Agency says it will answer Jan. 6 panel quickly
: The House committee investigating the attack on the Capitol has issued a subpoena for Secret Service text messages sent on Jan. 5 and 6, 2021. The committee had been told Thursday that the agency deleted the records. Democratic Chairman Bennie Thompson wrote the Secret Service that the committee wants...
In New Texts Between Hannity
and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Apr 30, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
In New Texts Between Hannity and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Fox host went from 'staunch supporter' of election lies to warning against 'fing lunatics,' per CNN
- CNN has more texts from Mark Meadows , this time dozens of them between the former White House chief of staff and Fox News host Sean Hannity. The two exchanged more than 80 messages between Election Day 2020 and President Biden's inauguration, which the news outlet says show "...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Consider Letting That Text
Just Sit There a While
Feb 24, 2022 7:03 PM CST
Consider Letting That Text Just Sit There a While
We shouldn't feel pressured to answer every work communication instantly, Eric Dhawan writes
- Ghosting in a personal relationship context gets more attention, but there's plenty of it on the job, too. An Indeed survey found it's common for employers and job candidates to flake out on interviews. Erica Dhawan makes a case in an opinion piece in the
New York Times
Final Text Revealed From
Family Who Died on Trail
Feb 19, 2022 8:30 AM CST
Final Text Revealed From Family Who Died on Trail
From Jonathan Gerrish's phone: 'can you help us. ... No water or ver [over] heating with baby'
More is now known about the final hours of a California family who perished on a hike near Yosemite over the summer, thanks to dad Jonathan Gerrish's cellphone, reports CNN . Per the Mariposa County Sheriff's Office , some of the last things that Gerrish, wife Ellen Chung, and...
Guilty to Manslaughter
in Boyfriend's Suicide
Dec 24, 2021 12:05 AM CST
Woman Pleads Guilty to Manslaughter in Boyfriend's Suicide
Prosecutors say she told him to take his life 'hundreds of times'
The girlfriend of a Boston College student who jumped to his death on the morning of his graduation day has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in connection with his 2019 death. Inyoung You, now 23, received a two-and-a-half-year jail sentence, but it's suspended for 10 years, meaning as...
Jan. 6 Text to
Is Hurting All of Us'
Dec 14, 2021 6:23 AM CST
Fox Host's Jan. 6 Text to Meadows: 'This Is Hurting All of Us'
Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade all frantically messaged Trump's then-chief of staff
- On Monday evening, a House panel probing what happened during the Capitol riot voted unanimously to recommend Mark Meadows, the chief of staff for former President Trump, be held in contempt of Congress. Among the evidence read aloud before the vote were a series of text messages sent to Meadows...
Netflix Film Reveals Last Texts
of Chris and Shanann Watts
Sep 30, 2020 10:15 AM CDT
Netflix Film Reveals Last Texts of Chris and Shanann Watts
Final messages between doomed Colo. mom, husband ranged from loving to mundane
- As Chris Watts serves life without parole in a Wisconsin maximum security prison, the story of what got him there is debuting on Netflix.
American Murder: The Family Next Door
, which begins streaming Wednesday, is, per Mashable , a "stomach-churning, emotional missing-persons story," focusing on the August 2018 disappearance...
Aug 26, 2020 8:41 AM CDT
After 550 'G-Rated' Texts to Colleague, Alaska AG Steps Down
A married Kevin Clarkson sent the messages to much younger female worker's personal phone
- Alaska's attorney general is stepping down after a joint investigation by the
Alaska Daily News
and ProPublica revealed a series of "uncomfortable" texts he'd sent to a much younger female colleague. Per the
, Gov. Mike Dunleavy said on Tuesday that Kevin Clarkson had resigned, after first...
Shares a 'Little
Secret' on His
Jun 6, 2020 8:15 AM CDT
Prince William Shares a 'Little Secret' on His Lockdown Activities
The Duke of Cambridge has secretly been volunteering for a mental crisis hotline
- It's hard to imagine what royal family members do during lockdown, but Britain's Prince William just filled us in on one of his activities. Per CNN , the Duke of Cambridge, along with wife Kate Middleton, brother Harry, and Harry's wife, Meghan Markle, helped start Shout, the UK'...
Coronavirus Hits Family of
'Wrong Number' Thanksgiving
Apr 10, 2020 1:00 AM CDT
Coronavirus Hits Family of 'Wrong Number' Thanksgiving
Lonnie Dench, husband of grandma who texted the wrong teen, dies of COVID-19
- A tragic chapter in the otherwise uplifting story of a grandma who texted the wrong teen about Thanksgiving dinner and ended up starting a sweet holiday tradition that has lasted years : Lonnie Dench, the husband of that grandma, has died of COVID-19. Jamal Hinton, who was 17 when Wanda Dench...
Case Is Out
Jan 23, 2020 10:40 AM CST
Woman in Texting Suicide Case Is Out
Michelle Carter released early for good behavior
- The woman convicted in Massachusetts' "suicide by text" case was released from jail Thursday. Michelle Carter, now 23, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for, when she was 17, encouraging her 18-year-old boyfriend, Conrad Roy III, to go through with his planned suicide. She called and texted him as he...
FedEx: Those Texts, Emails
You're Getting Aren't From Us
Jan 23, 2020 9:17 AM CST
FedEx: Those Texts, Emails You're Getting Aren't From Us
Company warns it's not sending out package information with bad links to consumers
- That text or email you just got from FedEx about your package that starts "Hello mate"? Don't open it, or if you do by mistake, don't click on any of its links. That's because it's a scam, the delivery giant says, and one that'...
After Long Denial,
on Argento Texts
Dec 18, 2019 10:25 AM CST
After Long Denial, Rain Dove Fesses Up on Argento Texts
LGBTQ activist makes confessional video, admits to selling texts for $10K to TMZ
- Rain Dove has long denied being the one who leaked the text messages in which Asia Argento appears to admit to having had sex in 2013, when she was 37, with a then-17-year-old Jimmy Bennett. Now, Dove has put out a confessional video titled "Exposing Myself: Sharing Lies &...
His Take on
'DT' and 'JK'
Jun 22, 2019 5:00 PM CDT
Secret Manafort Texts Reveal His Take on 'DT' and 'JK'
And show his strong alliance with Sean Hannity
- In newly unsealed text messages with Sean Hannity, Paul Manafort said he would never "give up" two people to the special counsel—and you can guess who tops the list. "They would want me to give up DT or family, esp JK," Manafort wrote the Fox News...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Bundchen: 'Now I'm Living,' Not Just 'Surviving'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.