Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Paul Pelosi Testifies
About Hammer Attack
Nov 14, 2023 12:30 AM CST
Paul Pelosi Testifies About Hammer Attack
It was his first public recounting of 2022 attack
- Paul Pelosi recounted publicly for the first time Monday what happened the night he was attacked by a man in the San Francisco home he shares with former US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, recalling how shocking it was to see a man standing at his bedroom door, then how the...
One of McHenry's
First Acts: Ordering
Pelosi to Vacate Office
Oct 4, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
One of McHenry's First Acts: Ordering Pelosi to Vacate Office
He'll apparently be using former speaker's so-called 'hideaway' office
- Within hours of becoming the acting House speaker, Rep. Patrick McHenry ordered Nancy Pelosi out of her "hideaway" office at the US Capitol. "Please vacate the space tomorrow, the room will be re-keyed," reads an email sent to Pelosi's office Tuesday and seen by Politico . The...
Nancy Pelosi: I'm Running
Again for My House Seat
Sep 8, 2023 11:52 AM CDT
Nancy Pelosi: I'm Running Again for My House Seat
It's a yes for 2024 for the 83-year-old Democratic congresswoman from California
- Nancy Pelosi may be well above the median age (58) for members of the House of Representatives, but the 83-year-old Democratic congresswoman has no intentions of leaving anytime soon. Although the former speaker stepped away from any possible leadership post in Congress last fall, Pelosi announced Friday that she plans...
A Key Feinstein Helper:
Nancy Pelosi's Daughter
May 18, 2023 12:41 PM CDT
A Key Feinstein Helper: Nancy Pelosi's Daughter
Some see a political strategy behind it
- After 89-year-old Dianne Feinstein returned to the Senate earlier this month, the
San Francisco Chronicle
was the first to note that Nancy Pelosi's oldest daughter has been a regular presence by her side. Feinstein and Pelosi are longtime friends, and the appearance of Nancy Corinne Prowda, Pelosi's daughter,...
Police Release Bodycam
Video of Paul Pelosi Attack
Jan 27, 2023 12:34 PM CST
Police Release Bodycam Video of Paul Pelosi Attack
Shows moment police open door and confront assailant next to Pelosi
- Video released Friday shows the husband of Nancy Pelosi fighting for control of a hammer with his assailant during a brutal attack in the couple's San Francisco home last year. The body-camera footage shows suspect David DePape wrest the tool from 82-year-old Paul Pelosi and lunge toward him with...
Nancy Pelosi Details Husband's
Recovery in Emotional Interview
Jan 21, 2023 9:00 AM CST
Nancy Pelosi Details Husband's Recovery in Emotional Interview
'My dear husband, who's not even that political actually, paid the price,' she tells Chris Wallace
- Nancy Pelosi has made no secret that it's going to be "a long haul" for Paul Pelosi , as he recuperates after an October attack in the couple's San Francisco home. Now, the former House speaker is talking more on that recovery process, in an emotional interview on...
John Boehner's Tears
Return to the Capitol
Dec 16, 2022 9:35 AM CST
John Boehner's Tears Return to the Capitol
Former GOP speaker of the House gets misty-eyed at ceremonial unveiling of Nancy Pelosi portrait
- On Wednesday, an official portrait for outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was unveiled in the US Capitol's Statuary Hall, honoring her role as the first woman speaker. The
notes that "a generation of congressional leaders fought back tears" during the ceremony—including one of the most...
Daughter's Film on
Nancy Pelosi Shows
'It's Not an Act'
Dec 13, 2022 10:10 AM CST
Daughter's Film on Nancy Pelosi Shows 'It's Not an Act'
Alexandra Pelosi discusses new film and the attack that 'destroyed my faith in humanity'
- Alexandra Pelosi is a bit biased, but she believes her mother is a master at her game. Hence why she's made a documentary on Nancy Pelosi's three-decade career in politics, debuting Tuesday night on HBO.
Pelosi in the House
is technically "not authorized," the filmmaker and...
House Clears Landmark Bill
Protecting Same-Sex Marriage
Dec 8, 2022 12:06 PM CST
House Clears Landmark Bill Protecting Same-Sex Marriage
Nancy Pelosi presides over 258-169 vote in one of her final acts as speaker
- The House gave final approval Thursday to legislation protecting same-sex marriages, a monumental step in a decades-long battle for nationwide recognition of such unions that reflects a stunning turnaround in societal attitudes, per the AP . President Biden is expected to promptly sign the measure, which requires all states to recognize...
At Jan. 6 Medal Ceremony,
Officers Ignore GOP Leaders
Dec 6, 2022 4:29 PM CST
At Jan. 6 Medal Ceremony, Officers Ignore GOP Leaders
Honorees have criticized response of McConnell, McCarthy to the attack
- Police officers who defended the US Capitol during the Jan. 6 attack accepted Congressional Gold Medals on Tuesday but not the congratulations of Republican leaders. All senior congressional leaders took part in the ceremony honoring US Capitol Police officers; Washington, DC, Metropolitan Police; and others, Politico reports. "May this...
The House Elects a
New Generation of Leaders
Nov 30, 2022 10:51 AM CST
The House Elects a New Generation of Leaders
Rep. Hakeem Jeffries becomes minority leader, but Rep. James Clyburn stays in the game
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries made history on Wednesday: With his election as House minority leader, the 52-year-old Democrat became the first Black lawmaker to head a political party in Congress, per the AP .
points out it's not the only first, flagging the fact that the "top ranks of...
Biden Asks Congress
to Block Rail Shutdown
Nov 28, 2022 7:40 PM CST
Biden Asks Congress to Block Rail Shutdown
Pelosi agrees to have House take up legislation this week
- President Biden urged Congress on Monday evening to immediately approve legislation that would head off a railroad shutdown by forcing workers and companies to enact the tentative agreement they reached in September. Without final approval of the deal, a shutdown could begin Dec. 9, per Axios . "As a proud...
Woman Accused of
Stealing Pelosi's Laptop
Convicted on 6 Counts
Nov 22, 2022 1:55 AM CST
Woman Accused of Stealing Pelosi's Laptop Convicted on 6 Counts
Though not, however, the one involving the laptop
- A Pennsylvania woman linked to the far-right “Groyper” movement was convicted Monday of several federal charges after prosecutors said she was part of a group that stormed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, the AP reports. Riley June Williams...
What We Know About
Pelosi's Expected Successor
Nov 18, 2022 9:40 AM CST
What We Know About Pelosi's Expected Successor
Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York is a self-described Black progressive
- As Nancy Pelosi steps down from her leadership post among House Democrats, she promises not to be a meddling "mother-in-law in the kitchen" as a new generation takes over, per the Daily Beast . And while her successor as party leader in the chamber has not been officially chosen, pretty...
Nancy Pelosi Giving Up
Party Leadership Post
Nov 17, 2022 11:36 AM CST
Nancy Pelosi Giving Up Party Leadership Post
But she is not retiring from Congress
- Nancy Pelosi won't be House speaker next year , but she's not retiring from Congress, either. In a speech Thursday to the House, Pelosi told her fellow lawmakers that she would continue to represent her San Francisco constituents but would not seek re-election to a leadership position in the...
When Told to
Nov 10, 2022 6:57 AM CST
Pelosi Suspect When Told to Drop Hammer: 'Ummm Nope'
Charging document details what happened between Paul Pelosi, suspect in Oct. 28 break-in
- David DePape, the suspect in the attack last month on Paul Pelosi , was indicted Wednesday on charges of assault and attempted kidnapping. Politico notes these charges handed down by a federal grand jury supplant similar ones filed in an earlier complaint . The six-page document details how the San Francisco Police...
Youngkin Sends Nancy Pelosi
'Personal Note' of Apology
Nov 10, 2022 5:02 AM CST
Youngkin Sends Nancy Pelosi 'Personal Note' of Apology
Governor told rally that GOP voters were sending her to be with husband after attack
- Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin says he has sent House Speaker Nancy Pelosi a personal note to apologize for remarks he made about the Oct. 28 attack on her husband. "There’s no room for violence anywhere, but we’re going to send her back to be with him in...
'I Never Thought
It Would Be Paul,'
Nov 7, 2022 7:25 PM CST
'I Never Thought It Would Be Paul,' Pelosi Says
Speaker says attack will affect her decision on whether to retire
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday that the attack on her husband will influence her decision on whether to retire from office if Republicans win control of the House from Democrats in Tuesday's midterm elections. Pelosi made the comment in an interview with CNN scheduled to be shown Monday...
Pelosi Speaks on Husband's
Nov 5, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Pelosi Speaks on Husband's Attack, Midterms
House speaker says Paul Pelosi is home after 'tragic' assault in their San Francisco home
- A week after her husband was brutally attacked in their San Francisco home, Nancy Pelosi emerged to make her first public comments. "It's with a grateful heart that I thank you for being here," Pelosi said in a video she posted to her Twitter and YouTube accounts...
Alleged Pelosi Attacker
May Be Deported
Nov 4, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
Alleged Pelosi Attacker May Be Deported
Canadian David DePape was in US illegally after traveling legally here in 2008
- The man suspected of attacking Paul Pelosi , the 82-year-old husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, last Friday isn't in the United States legally, though he came here legally nearly 15 years ago. That's per Department of Homeland Security officials, who said Thursday that 42-year-old Canadian David DePape entered...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
The Opioid Crisis Is Crossing Over to Something Darker
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
Mother of Burlington Suspect: He Thinks 'World Is a Mess'
NFL Player Got Creative to Avoid Trash-Talk Penalties
She Had a Day Job as a Baker. Then Came 'Mr. Big Stuff'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.