Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Colorado Town Suffers
2nd Bear Attack in 2 Months
Oct 4, 2022 8:56 AM CDT
Colorado Town Suffers 2nd Bear Attack in 2 Months
New Castle man is expected to recover after animal went after him in his yard
- A Colorado man is recuperating after a bear attacked him at his home over the weekend—the second such attack in his town since late August. Per a release from Colorado Parks & Wildlife cited by KKTV , the New Castle resident heard noises coming from his backyard around 10:30pm...
Cops: Kangaroo Kills
Man in 86-Year First
Sep 13, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Cops: Kangaroo Kills Man in 86-Year First
Alpaca breeder Peter Eades had already dug his own grave
- An animal lover in Australia has died following an attack by his pet kangaroo in what the BBC reports is the first fatal kangaroo attack reported in the country in 86 years. A relative found 77-year-old alpaca breeder Peter Eades with serious injuries on his property in Western Australia on...
Gator Took His Arm, Then
He Got Lost for 3 Days
Sep 12, 2022 11:40 AM CDT
Gator Took His Arm, Then He Got Lost for 3 Days
Eric Merda of Florida lived to tell the tale
- It's one thing to get lost in a Florida swamp for three days before finding your way out. It's another for that to happen
an alligator has bitten your arm off. All of the above happened to 43-year-old Eric Merda of Sarasota, reports the
. In July,...
Cruise Ship Passenger
Killed in Shark Attack
Sep 7, 2022 9:50 AM CDT
Cruise Ship Passenger Killed in Shark Attack
The US mom was snorkeling when she suffered fatal bites from bull shark
- An American cruise ship passenger has died in a rare shark attack while snorkeling in the Bahamas. The 58-year-old mother from Pennsylvania was on a snorkeling excursion near a private island off Nassau shortly after 2pm Tuesday when a bull shark attacked, officials said, adding that relatives witnessed the encounter...
After Fatal Antelope Goring
at Zoo, 'We're All Grieving'
Aug 29, 2022 8:46 AM CDT
After Fatal Antelope Goring at Zoo, 'We're All Grieving'
Employee in Sweden was reportedly taking animals into stables at the end of the day
- An employee of an animal park in southeastern Sweden was gored to death by a large antelope, the attraction's owner said Monday. The goring happened late Sunday at the Oland Animal and Entertainment Park on the island of Oland. Police said the case is being considered a "workplace...
in the Arctic
Aug 8, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Camper in the Arctic Injured by Polar Bear
French tourist survives, but bear in Norway is killed
- A polar bear attacked a campsite Monday in Norway's remote Arctic Svalbard Islands, injuring a French tourist, per the AP . Her wounds weren't life-threatening, and the bear was later killed. The woman, who wasn't identified, was part of a tour group of 25 people camping at Sveasletta,...
Attacks Continue After
Japanese Monkey Killed
Jul 27, 2022 8:39 AM CDT
Attacks Continue After Japanese Monkey Killed
At least 56 people have now been injured by macaques in Yamaguchi
- There's one less monkey terrorizing Yamaguchi, Japan , but the problem isn't solved. One of a group of Japanese macaques thought to be responsible for attacks on 56 people in recent weeks was euthanized Tuesday after it was found on the grounds of a high school. The male simian,...
Protective Monk Seal Attacks
Swimmer Who Got Too Close
Jul 26, 2022 4:12 PM CDT
Protective Monk Seal Attacks Swimmer Who Got Too Close
The 60-year-old woman suffered lacerations to her face, arm, and back
- A swimmer at a beach in Waikiki was injured this weekend after encountering an endangered Hawaiian monk seal known as Rocky and her young pup. The Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources said in a statement that the victim is a 60-year-old elementary school teacher from California. A witness...
Japanese City Averaging
2.4 Monkey Attacks Per Day
Jul 26, 2022 10:59 AM CDT
Japanese City Averaging 2.4 Monkey Attacks Per Day
At least 45 people have been bitten or scratched in Yamaguchi
A Japanese city thought it had a problem with one wild monkey. Now, however, it appears the problem is wild monkeys, plural. At least 45 people around the Japanese city of Yamaguchi have been attacked in 19 days, according to a government official. The rare attacks have doubled in...
Man Who Needed Rescue
From Snake Has Died
Jul 25, 2022 12:18 PM CDT
Man Who Needed Rescue From Snake Has Died
Police in Pennsylvania shot a reptile strangling Elliot Senseman
A Pennsylvania man who needed to be rescued from a snake last week has died from his injuries, reports the
. Elliot Senseman, 27, was being strangled by a large snake—possibly a reticulated python—at his home when a police officer shot and killed the animal to...
Report Makes Disturbing
Find on Grizzly Attack
Jul 19, 2022 9:34 AM CDT
Report Makes Disturbing Find on Grizzly Attack
Leah Lokan died instantly of broken neck, severed spine in rare predatory attack
- A woman fatally mauled in Montana last summer was the victim of a rare predatory attack by a grizzly bear that had learned to seek out human food, according to a new report. Leah Davis Lokan of Chico, Calif., was participating in a long-distance bike trip when she stopped to...
'Tragic, Freak Accident' in
SC Pond Also a Rare One
Jun 27, 2022 10:20 AM CDT
'Tragic, Freak Accident' in SC Pond Also a Rare One
Officials say alligator yanked victim into retention pond, killed him in Myrtle Beach
- There have been only three recorded human deaths due to alligator attacks in South Carolina, but on Friday, a fourth fatality was added to that list. In a Friday Facebook post , the Horry County Police Department reported that shortly before noon that day, a call came in to local firefighters...
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by
Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
May 17, 2022 7:37 AM CDT
After Girl, 7, Mauled to Death by Dog, 4 Family Members Charged
Olivia Floyd died after Rottweiler attacked her in Va.; grandparents charged with murder
- A family tragedy around the horrific death of a 7-year-old Virginia girl has been compounded by the arrests of her grandparents and parents. Earlier this year, WHSV reported on a dog attack in Augusta County, Va., in which Olivia Grace Floyd was killed. Police who arrived at a Waynesboro residence...
Shark Attack Was
So Brutal It Lost a Tooth
Mar 30, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Shark Attack Was So Brutal It Lost a Tooth
Great white carried out fatal Dec. 24 assault on Tomas Butterfield in Morro Bay, Calif.
- A California bodyboarder killed on Christmas Eve met a great white shark, who left huge bite marks and a tooth behind, according to an autopsy report. Tomas Abraham Butterfield, 42, of Sacramento left his mother's home in Morro Bay, which he was visiting for the holidays, to head to...
Officials: Missing Hiker
Was Mauled by Grizzly
Mar 26, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Officials: Missing Hiker Was Mauled by Grizzly
Montana's Craig Clouatre was found Friday after 'extensive search' in Paradise Valley
- A dad of four from Livingston, Mont., never met back up with a friend after they got separated during a hike in Paradise Valley Wednesday, and now, a sad development. Local authorities say it appears 40-year-old Craig Clouatre was fatally mauled by a grizzly bear in the Six Mile Creek...
His Odds of Surviving Were
'About Zero,' Yet He Did
Nov 11, 2021 12:47 PM CST
His Odds of Surviving Were 'About Zero,' Yet He Did
Aussie man fends off crocodile with a pocketknife
- An Australian senior's day of fishing last week was marred by a crocodile attack, and authorities say it's amazing he's alive. AFP reports the 60-year-old Queensland man headed to a river on his property in the far reaches of the Cape York Peninsula and found a bull...
She Heard a
Noise in the Kitchen.
Then, a 'Big Paw
Right on My Face'
Nov 6, 2021 7:30 AM CDT
She Heard a Noise in the Kitchen. Then, a 'Big Paw Right on My Face'
Laurel-Rose von Hoffmann-Curzi, who has cancer, fought off bear in her Lake Tahoe vacation cabin
- For Laurel-Rose von Hoffmann-Curzi, her Lake Tahoe vacation home has been a refuge during the pandemic, especially since she has stage 4 non-Hodgkin lymphoma and is particularly vulnerable to COVID. But the 66-year-old retired doctor says she won't be going back to the cabin anytime soon after a black...
Otters Are On the
Attack in This City
Sep 27, 2021 9:01 AM CDT
Otters Are On the Attack in This City
Woman, boy bitten in Anchorage, Alaska; officials aren't sure why the rare attacks are taking place
has lifted its paywall on a recent story to deliver a very important message to locals: "Beware of aggressive river otters." Friday's warning from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game came after a woman, a child, and at least two dogs were attacked...
Child's Evening Frolic
on Cape Cod Beach
Ends With Coyote Bite
Aug 14, 2021 7:00 AM CDT
Child's Evening Frolic on Cape Cod Beach Ends With Coyote Bite
Luckily, animal didn't have rabies; child said to be recovering from non-life-threatening injuries
- A child's visit to a Provincetown beach turned ugly on Wednesday evening. A coyote bit the unidentified youngster at North Herring Cove Beach, part of the Cape Cod National Seashore, around 8:30pm, sending the child to Cape Cod Hospital with what the National Park Service says were non-life-threatening...
A Bird Swoops
and a Baby Dies
Aug 10, 2021 10:20 AM CDT
A Bird Swoops and a Baby Dies
Magpie removed from Brisbane park after causing 5-month-old's fatal fall
- The lord mayor of Brisbane, Australia, says the city has been "shocked to its absolute core" by the death of a 5-month-old girl, triggered by a bird attack. The mother was cradling the infant in her arms at a park on Sunday when a magpie—a protected bird known...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
George Santos Is Expelled From Congress
Red Lobster Misjudged Diners' Hunger for Endless Shrimp
Report: Israel Had Details of Hamas Attack for Over a Year
Couple's NC Wyeth Windfall Collapses
Supreme Court's First Female Justice Dead at 93
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.