Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Kyiv Asks Residents
to Stop Driving
May 1, 2022 11:02 AM CDT
Kyiv Asks Residents to Stop Driving
Zelensky says he's working on solving fuel shortage but it's not easy
- Long lines of cars form at gas stations in Ukraine—if they have any fuel to sell. Many flash a zero on their signs next to each fuel type, meaning there's no supply. At most stations with gas, drivers are allowed to only to buy about 2½ gallons at...
At Gas Pumps, 'Dire Situation'
May Be Here Awhile
Mar 8, 2022 12:48 PM CST
At Gas Pumps, 'Dire Situation' May Be Here Awhile
Russia's invasion of Ukraine sent US into 'hyper-supply crunch;' it's not expected to improve soon
- We haven't seen gas prices this high in the US since 2008, with Russia's invasion of Ukraine being a primary driver. AAA reports that the average cost of a gallon of gas was $4.17 as of Tuesday morning, per CNN Business . That's a 10-cents-per-gallon increase just...
Gas Situation in the UK
Is a Little Crazy Right Now
Sep 27, 2021 10:40 AM CDT
Gas Situation in the UK Is a Little Crazy Right Now
Shortage of truck drivers so severe that troops may have to fill in
- Lines of cars formed at British gas stations for a fourth day on Monday, as the government mulled sending in the army to help ease the supply disruptions triggered by a shortage of truck drivers. As unions called for emergency workers to be given priority for fuel supplies, Petrol Retailers...
Some Gas Stations
Are Running Out of Gas
Jun 29, 2021 2:51 AM CDT
Some Gas Stations Are Running Out of Gas
As the July 4 holiday weekend looms
- Not only are gas prices their highest in nearly seven years—in some parts of the US, you might struggle even to be able to get gas at all. Stations are running out of fuel, CNN reports, due to a tank truck driver shortage and rising demand leading to supply...
Guy in Hummer Fills Up 4
Gas Containers. Then, Flames
May 14, 2021 6:29 AM CDT
Guy in Hummer Fills Up 4 Gas Containers. Then, Flames
Vehicle burst into flames shortly after
- The latest in the US gasoline panic: A Hummer burst into flames at a Florida gas station moments after the driver filled up four 5-gallon gas containers Wednesday morning. Citrus County Fire Rescue crews were called to an intersection near the Homosassa gas station around 11am to find the vehicle...
Colonial Paid Ransom
to Hackers: Bloomberg
May 13, 2021 12:39 PM CDT
Colonial Paid Ransom to Hackers: Bloomberg
Drivers in Southeastern states can expect 'headaches' for another week or longer
- Colonial Pipeline said this week it had no intention of paying ransom to the hackers who crippled its fuel shipments . So how did the company manage to begin restoring operations on Wednesday? As it turns out, Colonial paid a ransom after all, reports Bloomberg . The outlet says the company shelled...
Cops: Gas Thief Drilled
Holes in U-Haul Trucks
May 13, 2021 9:07 AM CDT
Cops: Gas Thief Drilled Holes in U-Haul Trucks
Suspect spilled a lot more than he stole
- Police in Griffin, Ga., are looking for a gas thief—and they're pretty sure they're not dealing with the finest criminal mind of a generation. Police say the suspect drilled holes in the tanks of parked U-Haul trucks and stole around 5 gallons of gas, spilling another 35...
Feds Warn Against Hoarding
Gasoline in Plastic Bags
May 12, 2021 1:49 PM CDT
Feds Warn Against Hoarding Gasoline in Plastic Bags
GasBuddy app buckles under demand
- The government says there's no need for Americans to be hoarding gasoline—especially not if they're going to be putting it in plastic bags. "Do not fill plastic bags with gasoline," the Consumer Product Safety Commission said in a tweet Wednesday. Other tweets urged consumers to...
as Gas Shortage
Hits N. Korea
Apr 27, 2017 6:03 AM CDT
Rumors Swirl as Gas Shortage Hits N. Korea
Beijing may have tightened supply
- An acute shortage of gasoline in the North Korean capital of Pyongyang that has sparked price hikes and hoarding is raising fears of potentially crippling pain at the pumps if things don't get better soon—and driving rumors that China is to blame. The shortage, which is extremely unusual...
Sandy's Gas Shortage
Fuels Panic, Tempers
Nov 1, 2012 2:15 PM CDT
Sandy's Gas Shortage Fuels Panic, Tempers
NYC cab companies have to ground fuel-less fleets
- Some gas stations in New York and New Jersey are still without power, while others have gone dry, prompting panic among residents looking to fuel their cars and backup generators until things return to normal, reports Reuters . At least half of all service stations in NYC can't sell gas,...
Popular on Newser
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
Taylor Swift Hits a 10-Figure Milestone
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
For 2 Years in a Row, Man Has Won $10M at Same Store
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.