Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Sandy Hook Elementary School
Stories 1 - 20 |
Connecticut State Trooper Has
Kept His Sandy Hook Promise
Dec 14, 2022 6:55 AM CST
Connecticut State Trooper Has Kept His Sandy Hook Promise
Survivors, family members, first responders, and others look back on 10th anniversary of massacre
- Wednesday is the 10th anniversary of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary , in which a gunman massacred 20 first-graders and six adults in Newtown, Connecticut. In the decade since, the victims' families have struggled with a painful new life without their loved ones, and the town of Newtown has...
Newtown Quietly Opens
Memorial to 26 Victims
Nov 13, 2022 4:00 PM CST
Newtown Quietly Opens Memorial to 26 Victims
Site is 'perfectly appointed' for contemplation, mother of slain 6-year-old says
- A memorial to the 20 first graders and six educators killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting opened to the public Sunday, a month before the 10th anniversary of the massacre. No ceremony was planned at the site a short distance from the Connecticut school. It has become a...
Alex Jones Owes $473M More
Nov 10, 2022 2:49 PM CST
Alex Jones Owes $473M More
Infowars host calls judge's decision in Sandy Hook case on punitive damages 'a joke'
- Infowars host Alex Jones and his company were ordered by a judge Thursday to pay an extra $473 million for promoting false conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook school massacre, bringing the total judgment against him in a lawsuit filed by the victims’ families to a staggering $1.44 billion....
Alex Jones Calls Judgment
a Joke and Asks for Money
Oct 12, 2022 7:15 PM CDT
Alex Jones Calls Judgment a Joke and Asks for Money
Sandy Hook families listen quietly in court, then weep
- Instead of being in the Connecticut courtroom when he was being ordered Wednesday to pay the families of Sandy Hook mass shooting victims almost $1 billion for insisting the massacre was a hoax, Alex Jones was hosting his Infowars show. That allowed him to mock the court and lobby his...
Alex Jones Erupts
Sep 22, 2022 6:55 PM CDT
Alex Jones Erupts in Courtroom
Infowars host testifies that he's through apologizing for false claims
- Alex Jones took the stand Thursday at his Connecticut defamation trial, acknowledging he had promoted the conspiracy theory that the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax, but angrily refusing to keep apologizing for that. More than a dozen relatives of the 26 shooting victims showed up to observe his...
Sep 16, 2022 3:40 PM CDT
Infowars Representative Takes Stand
Families' lawyer asks how seriously company is taking trial
- Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who is on trial in Connecticut for calling the 2012 Sandy Hook massacre a hoax, continued Friday to describe the proceedings as a "kangaroo court" from his Infowars studio in Texas. Jones' commentary became a focus of testimony on the fourth day of the trial,...
Roger Stone Asks
People to Donate
to Alex Jones
Aug 8, 2022 12:30 AM CDT
Roger Stone Asks People to Donate to Alex Jones
Trump ally made the call after punitive damages verdict came out
- Roger Stone is calling for supporters to send donations to Alex Jones after the Infowars host was ordered to pay $45.2 million in punitive damages to the parents of a child killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre. Jones was also hit with a verdict of $4.1...
Jury Awards Punitive Damages
in Alex Jones Case of $45M
Aug 5, 2022 5:47 PM CDT
Jury Awards Punitive Damages in Alex Jones Case of $45M
Lawyer had asked jurors to send a message to "stop the monetization of misinformation'
- The jury in Alex Jones' defamation trial on Friday awarded the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School punitive damages of $45.2 million. Jones' lawyer immediately objected, the
New York Times
reports, pointing out to the judge that Texas law limits punitive...
Jury Tells Alex Jones
to Pay Parents $4M
Aug 4, 2022 4:52 PM CDT
Jury Tells Alex Jones to Pay Parents $4M
Jury will decide punitive damages next
- A Texas jury on Thursday ordered conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay more than $4 million in compensatory damages to the parents of a 6-year-old boy who was killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, marking the first time the Infowars host has been held financially liable for repeatedly...
Judge to Alex Jones:
No Mistrial, for 'the 17th Time'
Aug 4, 2022 2:04 PM CDT
Judge to Alex Jones: No Mistrial, for 'the 17th Time'
Attorney says his own gaffe over Jones' texts warrants a new trial, but judge disagrees
- After Wednesday's surprise development in the Alex Jones trial—the revelation that his attorneys accidentally turned over two years' worth of Jones' texts to prosecutors—the defense asked for a mistrial on Thursday. But the judge, sounding a little exasperated, wasn't having it. “That’s like the...
of Slain 6-Year-Old
Aug 3, 2022 12:10 AM CDT
Alex Jones Takes Stand, Addresses Parents of Slain 6-Year-Old
Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis got into a heated exchange with him later
- The parents of Jesse Lewis, who was murdered at 6 years old in the Sandy Hook massacre, took the stand Tuesday in the trial to determine what damages Alex Jones owes for defamation. Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis said the conspiracy theorist Infowars radio host made their lives "hell,...
How Alex Jones'
Trial Relates to the
Aug 2, 2022 4:51 PM CDT
How Alex Jones' Trial Relates to the First Amendment
All defamation suits are First Amendment cases
- Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones arrived at a Texas courthouse for his defamation trial for calling the Sandy Hook Elementary School attack a hoax with the words "Save the 1st" scrawled on tape covering his mouth. Although Jones portrays the lawsuit as an assault on the First Amendment, parents say...
Psychiatrist: Alex Jones
Caused Sandy Hook
Parents to Live in Fear
Aug 1, 2022 2:21 PM CDT
Psychiatrist: Alex Jones Caused Sandy Hook Parents to Live in Fear
Sandy Hook parents 'very, very frightened' by Alex Jones' followers
- The parents of a Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victim live with a complex form of post-traumatic stress disorder and a constant fear that followers of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones will kill them, a psychiatrist testified Monday at Jones' defamation trial. Neil Heslin and Scarlett Lewis, parents of 6-year-old Jesse...
Sandy Hook Family Has a
Dollar Amount for Alex Jones
Jul 27, 2022 6:30 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Family Has a Dollar Amount for Alex Jones
They say he should pay them $150M
- For the first time, a Sandy Hook victim's family has named a price they believe Alex Jones should pay for defaming them with his lies about the Dec. 14, 2012, mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. The lawyer for the parents of Jesse Lewis, one of the 20...
Sandy Hook Mom: I 'Know
What They Will Endure' for Life
May 25, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Mom: I 'Know What They Will Endure' for Life
Nicole Hockley's son Dylan was killed nearly 10 years ago
- As America grieves for the families of those killed in the Uvalde mass shooting , Nicole Hockley expresses a different kind of grief: a knowing one. Her son Dylan was murdered nearly 10 years ago in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, and she writes that she knows "the unspeakable...
on Texas School
Shooting Goes Viral
May 25, 2022 7:01 AM CDT
Senator's Angry, Heartbroken Speech on Texas School Shooting Goes Viral
Chris Murphy addresses 'another Sandy Hook'
- Sen. Chris Murphy came to Congress representing the Connecticut community where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012. Prior to taking office as a senator in 2013 less than a month after the massacre, he represented Newtown, Conn., where the school was located,...
to Be Paid
Apr 16, 2022 3:10 PM CDT
Court Fines to Be Paid Back to Alex Jones
Infowars host eventually showed up for deposition in Sandy Hook case
- Infowars host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones will be getting back the $75,000 in fines he paid to a Connecticut court for failing to appear at a deposition last month in a lawsuit over his assertions that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a hoax, a judge has...
After $75K in Fines,
Alex Jones Finally
Sits for Deposition
Apr 7, 2022 1:19 AM CDT
After $75K in Fines, Alex Jones Finally Sits for Deposition
He then immediately applied for the money to be returned to him
- Alex Jones was questioned Wednesday by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition, the AP reports. Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012...
Nix Alex Jones'
Mar 30, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
Sandy Hook Families Quickly Nix Alex Jones' Settlement Offer
Lawyers say Jones is just trying to 'escape a public reckoning'
- Infowars host Alex Jones offered to pay $120,000 per plaintiff to resolve a lawsuit by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims who said he defamed them by asserting the massacre never happened, according to court filings Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the families, the AP...
In a First, Gun Maker Is
Held Liable for Mass Shooting
Feb 15, 2022 12:36 PM CST
In a First, Gun Maker Is Held Liable for Mass Shooting
Sandy Hook relatives and a survivor reach $73M settlement with Remington
(This summary has been updated throughout with new details.)
The families of nine victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have agreed to a $73 million settlement of a lawsuit against the maker of the rifle used to kill 20 first graders and six educators in 2012, per...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
China Responds to Balloon Hit, but Its Options Are Limited
Missing Missouri Children Found in Florida Supermarket
Hashtag 'Died Suddenly' Is Up 740% in 2 Months
Watch Fighter Jet Take Down China's Balloon
Women Are Suffering Unnecessarily From Menopause
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.