Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
to Grimes Dating
Mar 16, 2022 8:20 AM CDT
Musk's Response to Grimes Dating Rumor Leans Transphobic
Tesla CEO posted a bizarre meme; he also changed his name to 'Elona Musk' on Twitter
- Whether or not Grimes is actually dating military whistleblower Chelsea Manning is still up in the air, but it looks like her ex isn't happy about the rumor—and he's expressing it in an eyebrow-raising way. After the whispers about Grimes and Manning, a transgender woman, started circulating...
Grimes' Secret Baby May
Not Be Her Only Secret
Mar 12, 2022 11:00 AM CST
Grimes' Secret Baby May Not Be Her Only Secret
Page Six reports that Elon Musk's ex is dating military whistleblower Chelsea Manning
- Just this week, we found out Grimes has a second child with Elon Musk. In a
profile written by Devin Gordon that revealed that nugget, Grimes called her relationship with Musk "fluid," referring to him as a boyfriend she wants to have "three or four"...
Canada to Manning: Come
Here So We Can Deport You
Oct 8, 2021 8:31 AM CDT
Canada to Manning: Come Here So We Can Deport You
'Confounding' request was made ahead of hearing on admissibility to country
- Chelsea Manning is fighting to be allowed into Canada, and the Canadian government recently made her an offer that she decided to refuse. In advance of a hearing that started Thursday, the former Army intelligence analyst was invited to attend in person in Montreal—so that border agents could physically...
Mar 12, 2020 6:35 PM CDT
Judge Orders Chelsea Manning Freed
Grand jury that subpoenaed her testimony no longer exists
- A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning, who has been incarcerated since May for refusing to testify to a grand jury. US District Judge Anthony Trenga ordered Manning's release from jail after prosecutors reported that the grand jury that subpoenaed her...
End It All
Mar 12, 2020 1:07 AM CDT
Lawyers: Chelsea Manning Tries to End It All
The former intelligence officer has been in jail for refusing to testify
- Chelsea Manning's legal team said Wednesday that the former intelligence analyst tried to take her own life Wednesday, but was transported to a hospital where she is recovering, the AP reports. Manning has been in jail since May 2019 for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating WikiLeaks....
A World-Famous Hacker Died
in Senior Living Facility at 37
in case you missed it
Sep 28, 2019 2:00 PM CDT
A World-Famous Hacker Died in Senior Living Facility at 37
NPR traces the strange life and death of Adrian Lamo
- He was, writes Dina Temple-Raston of NPR , once one of the most famous hackers in all the world. That was back in the early 2000s when Adrian Lamo made a name for himself hacking into corporate websites—not for financial gain but to expose weaknesses. He even ended up with...
Is Headed Back to Jail
May 16, 2019 4:14 PM CDT
Chelsea Manning Is Headed Back to Jail
She's still refusing to testify before a grand jury
- Chelsea Manning has been sent to jail—again—for refusing to testify to a grand jury, the AP reports. A judge on Thursday ordered Manning back to the Alexandria Detention Center until she agrees to testify to a grand jury investigating Wikileaks or until the grand jury term expires in...
Chelsea Manning Freed,
but Maybe Not for Long
May 10, 2019 12:58 AM CDT
Chelsea Manning Freed, but Maybe Not for Long
She has been ordered to appear before a new grand jury May 17
- Chelsea Manning has been freed after 62 days in jail—but she might be returning soon. Manning was sent to jail for contempt of court in March for refusing to testify in front of a grand jury investigating WikiLeaks. Her lawyers say that grand jury's term has now expired,...
Court to Assange: Will
You Surrender to US?
May 2, 2019 6:34 AM CDT
Court to Assange: Will You Surrender to US?
WikiLeakers founder says he'll fight extradition, and it could take months to iron out
- Julian Assange learned Wednesday he'll have to spend nearly a year in jail in the UK for skipping out on bail seven years ago. On Thursday, he told a court that he won't go along willingly with something that could lead to a more severe punishment: extradition to...
Apr 11, 2019 9:20 AM CDT
What Assange Was Shouting During Arrest
He's heard saying the UK 'must resist,' apparently in reference to his extradition to US
- Julian Assange did not appear to go willingly when he was arrested Thursday in London. Video shown on CNN shows police officers pulling a clearly agitated Assange from the Ecuadorian Embassy and ushering him into a police van. The 47-year-old Assange, seen with a full gray beard and gray hair,...
Supporters: Chelsea Manning
Is in Solitary Confinement
Mar 25, 2019 4:58 PM CDT
Supporters: Chelsea Manning Is in Solitary Confinement
But officials say that's not a fair assessment
- Supporters of Chelsea Manning have called for her release from prolonged solitary confinement at a Virginia jail, but an official disputes that she's being held in those conditions, the AP reports. Former Army intelligence analyst Manning was sent to jail March 8 for refusing to testify before a grand...
Chelsea Manning Sent to
Jail for Contempt of Court
Mar 8, 2019 2:30 PM CST
Chelsea Manning Sent to Jail for Contempt of Court
Judge says she won't get out until she testifies or grand jury finishes work
- On Thursday, Chelsea Manning said she'd stand her ground and refuse to testify in front of a secret grand jury investigating WikiLeaks. "I am prepared to face the consequences of my refusal," she said in a statement . Those consequences came Friday, with Manning taken into custody after...
Australia to Chelsea Manning:
You're Not Welcome
Aug 30, 2018 4:18 PM CDT
Australia to Chelsea Manning: You're Not Welcome
New Zealand is still deciding whether to let her in
- Chelsea Manning won't be permitted to enter Australia for a speaking tour scheduled to kick off at the Sydney Opera House on Sunday after that country's Department of Home Affairs deemed the American classified document leaker failed to meet character requirements. While the Australian government won't address...
Chelsea Manning 'Safe' After
Window Ledge Jumper Photo
May 28, 2018 5:30 PM CDT
Chelsea Manning 'Safe' After Window Ledge Jumper Photo
The 30-year-old took down the photo after about 10 minutes
- A close friend and colleague of Chelsea Manning said Monday that the convicted leaker of government secrets and longshot candidate for US Senate is safe after a photo on her Twitter account apparently showed the 30-year-old woman standing on the edge of an upper-story window ledge. The photo was posted...
Hacker Who Told Feds About
Chelsea Manning Dead at 37
Mar 17, 2018 6:08 AM CDT
Hacker Who Told Feds About Chelsea Manning Dead at 37
Adrian Lamo was found dead in Wichita on Wednesday
- Julian Assange didn't shy away from speaking ill of the dead on Friday. The BBC reports he called hacker Adrian Lamo, who has died at age 37, a "petty conman and betrayer of basic human decency." The bad blood traces back to Lamo's central role in...
Files Bid for
Jan 13, 2018 2:18 PM CST
Chelsea Manning Files Bid for US Senate
She's running in Maryland
- Chelsea Manning will run for the US Senate in Maryland, the AP reports. The transgender former Army soldier who was convicted of leaking classified documents filed her statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday. The
reported Saturday that Manning will challenge Democrat Ben Cardin. He...
Sep 26, 2017 2:43 AM CDT
Canada Declares Chelsea Manning 'Inadmissible'
She says she plans to appeal decision
- Chelsea Manning says Canada has "permanently banned" her—but she's planning to appeal the decision. Manning tweeted a photo Monday of a letter from Canadian authorities describing her as "inadmissible on grounds of serious criminality" because of her conviction under the US Espionage Act, the CBC reports....
Manning Talks Dystopias,
Privacy, Being Called a 'Traitor'
Sep 18, 2017 8:42 AM CDT
Manning Talks Dystopias, Privacy, Being Called a 'Traitor'
Transgender activist spoke in Massachusetts, noting: 'I did the best I could'
- Harvard withdrew its fellowship offer to Chelsea Manning last week after CIA Director Mike Pompeo refused to speak there (he called Manning an "American traitor"), but the military whistleblower and transgender activist pushed back on that assessment during a weekend appearance in Massachusetts. The
reports that Manning...
Chelsea Manning Offer
Sep 15, 2017 4:42 AM CDT
Harvard Withdraws Chelsea Manning Offer
University faced backlash from intelligence officials
- Harvard University has withdrawn a fellowship invitation to Chelsea Manning after outrage from intelligence officials, including CIA Director Mike Pompeo, who canceled a Thursday speaking engagement and called her an "American traitor." Douglas Elmendorf, dean of Harvard Kennedy School, says Manning is still invited to speak at the...
Internet Reacts to
Aug 11, 2017 6:50 AM CDT
Internet Reacts to Chelsea Manning's
Annie Leibovitz photographed Manning for the September issue
- If you've ever wanted to know the effect that liberation has on a person, Chelsea Manning is glad to show you. ABC News reports that the transgender soldier released from prison earlier this year posted a photo Thursday to her social media accounts that shows her smiling at the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
Taylor Swift Hits a 10-Figure Milestone
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
High School Killer Gets Life
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.