Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Disneyland Visitors Injured
by Falling Lamppost
Nov 20, 2023 6:30 PM CST
Disneyland Visitors Injured by Falling Lamppost
One visitor was hospitalized after Main Street USA incident
- A person was seriously injured Monday morning by a falling lamppost in Main Street, USA, authorities say. The visitor was hospitalized and two other people were treated for minor injuries after the post fell amid strong winds at Disneyland in Anaheim, California, KTLA reports. The lamppost, in a flower bed...
Disney Is Going
Big With Park
Nov 20, 2023 10:25 AM CST
Disney Is Going Big With Park Expansions
'Frozen' attraction opens in Hong Kong as part of a $60B expansion over a decade
- Hong Kong's Disneyland opened its first
-themed attraction on Monday, with thousands of eager visitors turning up to experience the new rides, some lining up for hours to get an early start. Based on Disney's wildly popular
animated film, the new section of the park features landscapes...
Cops Say Man Killed Himself
Instead of Carrying Out Plot
Oct 31, 2023 7:00 PM CDT
Cops Say Man Killed Himself Instead of Carrying Out Plot
Colorado man found dead at amusement park was heavily armed, had multiple IEDs, sheriff's office says
- A heavily armed man killed himself rather than carry out an apparent plan to shoot up a mountaintop amusement park in Colorado, with his body discovered in a bathroom next to the words scrawled on the wall, "I am not a killer, I just wanted to get into the...
Park Patrons Get More Thrills
Than They Bargained For
Sep 25, 2023 1:22 PM CDT
Park Patrons Get More Thrills Than They Bargained For
Riders on Canada's Wonderland Lumberjack attraction dangled upside down for 25 minutes
- Thrill-seekers at a Canadian amusement park got more thrills than they bargained for over the weekend when the ride they were on came to an abrupt halt, leaving them dangling upside down for nearly 30 minutes. CP24 reports the apparent malfunction happened Saturday night at Canada's Wonderland, located in...
'No-Boo' Necklace at Horror
Attraction Gets Booed
Aug 31, 2023 1:44 PM CDT
'No-Boo' Necklace at Horror Attraction Gets Booed
Preview of the 50th anniversary edition of Knott's Scary Farm was met with cheers, too
- Each fall, California theme park Knott's Berry Farm transforms into Knott's Scary Farm for its beloved Halloween event. It's so beloved that hundreds of people attended a live preview of the event last week in Buena Park, though not all fans were happy with what they saw....
Man Records Frightening
Video of This Park Ride
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jul 8, 2023 1:10 PM CDT
Man Records Frightening Video of This Park Ride
Clip shows now-shuttered roller coaster at North Carolina's Carowinds with crack in support beam
- A popular roller coaster at a North Carolina amusement park has been shut down indefinitely after a patron in the parking lot spotted something terrifying. Carowinds, located in Charlotte, said in a Sunday statement that its Fury 325 ride— billed on its site as the "tallest, fastest, longest giga...
a Truly Bonkers
Mar 22, 2023 11:45 AM CDT
Fan Completes a Truly Bonkers Disney Challenge
Nathan Firesheets rode every available ride at all 12 Disney theme parks in 12 days
- It's fair to call Nathan Firesheets a Disney superfan, especially after he ventured to all 12 Disney theme parks, spread across the globe from Paris to Tokyo, in exactly 12 days. And not just to take a quick look at each. To prove his dedication, Firesheets made it onto...
After a Drowning,
Ride Closes for Good
Feb 7, 2023 10:00 AM CST
After a Drowning, Amusement Park Ride Closes for Good
Adventureland in Iowa is being sued over the 2021 incident
- An amusement park in Iowa has permanently closed a ride on which an 11-year-old boy drowned in 2021. Adventureland announced that its Raging River ride is closed for good, reports the
. The family of victim Michael Jaramillo is suing the park, alleging negligence after a 1,700-pound raft...
Popular Disney Ride Has
Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
in case you missed it
Jan 29, 2023 7:25 AM CST
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
People are hawking water they say is from Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain for thousands of dollars
- Splash Mountain has officially gone dry, at least for now. The popular log-flume ride in Disney World's Magic Kingdom, which opened in 1992, transported its last fans on Sunday, with the theme park shuttering the attraction to work on a reimagining of it. The new incarnation, set to open...
Shanghai Disney Visitors Just
Got an Unpleasant Surprise
Oct 31, 2022 11:53 AM CDT
Shanghai Disney Visitors Just Got an Unpleasant Surprise
Park closed indefinitely on Monday, and guests inside can't leave till they show negative COVID test
- An NPR headline from early Monday morning notes that, due to COVID, Shanghai Disney and its adjacent shopping community will be closed indefinitely from Halloween on forward. What that headline fails to mention is that all the visitors at the theme park when officials decided to abruptly close the gates...
'Happiest Place on Earth' Has
Decidedly Unhappy Moment
Jul 22, 2022 8:04 AM CDT
'Happiest Place on Earth' Has Decidedly Unhappy Moment
One person was injured, 3 arrested in Disney World brawl
- Three people were arrested after what witnesses said was a massive brawl involving two family groups at Walt Disney World in Florida. A witness to the Wednesday night violence tells Fox 35 that the fight was in Fantasyland, behind Cinderella's Castle. He says it took around two minutes for...
Video Not What
It Looks Like
Jul 19, 2022 1:00 AM CDT
Sesame Place: Viral Parade Video Not What It Looks Like
Rosita did not purposely ignore Black girls, theme park says
- In a video shared widely on social media, a Sesame Place employee dressed as the
character Rosita appears to ignore two young Black girls as they reached out to her. Worse, she first appears to waggle her fingers 'no' at them before moving on, and their mother...
With Some Attractions Closed,
Disneyland Raises Prices
Oct 26, 2021 5:39 PM CDT
With Some Attractions Closed, Disneyland Raises Prices
Park stands to make money even if attendance briefly dips
- If you want to go to the happiest place on Earth, be prepared to spend a lot of money. And no, we aren’t talking about Finland . Disneyland introduced tiered pricing, raising the cost of a ticket on high-demand days, in 2016. And it raised prices on all five tiers...
Parents Take Action
After Girl's Horrific
Death on Ride
Oct 21, 2021 1:00 AM CDT
Parents Take Action After Girl's Horrific Death on Ride
They say Glenwood Caverns' recklessness is to blame
The parents of the 6-year-old girl who died while reportedly unrestrained on a Colorado thrill ride that drops 110 feet in three seconds are suing the amusement park where she died. The lawsuit alleges Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park's recklessness caused Wongel Estifanos' death, the AP reports. It also...
Woman Waiting to Ride Roller
Coaster Hit by 'Metal Object'
Aug 21, 2021 5:30 AM CDT
Woman Waiting to Ride Roller Coaster Hit by 'Metal Object'
Top Thrill Dragster, world's 2nd-tallest roller coaster, shut down at Ohio's Cedar Point
- The world's second-tallest roller coaster won't open again this year after a person standing in line was hit in the head by a metal object that flew off the ride last weekend at Cedar Point amusement park. The 420-foot-tall Top Thrill Dragster roller coaster will remain closed as...
Pastor Says It's a Miracle Teen
Survived Water Ride Accident
Jul 7, 2021 2:21 PM CDT
Pastor Says It's a Miracle Teen Survived Water Ride Accident
David Jaramillo turned 16 on life support Wednesday
- A teenager injured in an accident on an Iowa amusement ride that killed his younger brother remained on life support Wednesday as he turned 16, his family pastor said. David Jaramillo has been in a medically induced coma since Saturday’s accident on the Raging River at Adventureland Park in...
Rafting Ride Accident at
Theme Park Leaves One Dead
Jul 5, 2021 8:30 AM CDT
Rafting Ride Accident at Theme Park Leaves One Dead
4 had been hospitalized after raft overturned Saturday at Adventureland Park in Altoona, Iowa
- A holiday weekend outing at an Iowa amusement park has left one dead and three others hospitalized after an accident on one of the rides. WHO13 reports that the incident on the Raging River attraction happened Saturday evening, with the park noting in a statement that a raft on the...
Park Heats Up
Feb 25, 2021 7:32 AM CST
Taylor Swift's Battle With Utah Theme Park Heats Up
Singer files suit against park named Evermore
- Taylor Swift isn't shaking this one off. Earlier this month, a fantasy theme park named Evermore sued the pop star over the name of her latest album, also
, which she released in December. The Pleasant Grove, Utah, park claimed copyright infringement, complaining that Google searches for the park...
'Devil' Coaster Coming This
Year Will Smash 3 Records
Jan 28, 2021 3:00 AM CST
'Devil' Coaster Coming This Year Will Smash 3 Records
Six Flags Great Adventure's roller coaster in NJ will be the world's tallest, longest, and fastest
- If a "tension-building ascent" up 13 stories, followed by zooming along a track at nearly 60mph is your idea of a good time, Six Flags Great Adventure has a ride coming later this year that might pique your interest. Per CBS Philadelphia , the Jersey Devil Coaster will open over...
Disneyland to Redo
on Jungle Cruise
Jan 26, 2021 2:00 AM CST
Disneyland to Redo Offensive Scenes on Jungle Cruise
Theme park says it will remove 'negative depictions of native people'
- The Jungle Cruise, a Disneyland staple since 1955, has regularly undergone tweaks. It's now in for a broader rethinking, the Walt Disney Co. announced Monday. The goals are to make the ride more inclusive and racially sensitive, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. That will be achieved partly by eliminating...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
From Sleeper Hit to 'Generational Anthem'
How the Most Precious Color on Earth Vanished
She Is One of Only Eight in the World
He Killed Parents, Classmates. His Sister Tells Her Story
U Penn President Steps Down After Outcry
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.