Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Comedian Says Reaction to
MH370 Joke Is 'Ridiculous'
Jun 14, 2023 5:31 PM CDT
Comedian Says Reaction to MH370 Joke Is 'Ridiculous'
Jocelyn Chia says 'edgy' humor was meant for American comedy club audience
- Joceyln Chia says it is "ridiculous" for Malaysian police to get Interpol involved in their investigation of a joke she made about missing flight MH370. The American comedian tells the BBC that she joked about the flight in a New York City comedy club and a clip posted on...
Company Teases New Evidence
of MH370's Location
Mar 10, 2023 4:15 PM CST
Company Teases New Evidence of MH370's Location
US-based Ocean Infinity wants Malaysia's approval to launch another search
- Nine years after Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 vanished over the Indian Ocean, leaving little evidence of its tragic fate, one of the biggest mysteries in aviation continues to baffle, as evidenced by Netflix's new documentary exploring what might have happened to the Boeing 777 along its route from Kuala...
Barnacles May Hold Clues
in Lost-at-Sea Searches
Feb 26, 2021 12:44 PM CST
Barnacles May Hold Clues in Lost-at-Sea Searches
Researchers say Lepas anserifera can reveal debris drift times and patterns
- Never underestimate barnacles. According to researchers in Australia, they might just help in tracing people lost at sea. Species of the
genus of goose barnacle are among the most common found in biofouling, a fancy word for the buildup of organisms on a surface, and "play an...
MH370, 5 Years
Later: 'The Riddle
May Not Be Deep'
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jun 23, 2019 7:50 AM CDT
MH370, 5 Years Later: 'The Riddle May Not Be Deep'
'Atlantic' follows detective work of 'beachcomber' Blaine Gibson, wonders what Malaysian cops know
- It's been more than five years since Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, and it doesn't seem we're much closer to knowing where it is now than we were immediately after the plane with 239 on board vanished on March 8,...
Aviation Chief Quits Over
Flight That Vanished in 2014
Jul 31, 2018 3:12 AM CDT
Aviation Chief Quits Over Flight That Vanished in 2014
Report on MH370 highlighted Malaysia air traffic control shortcomings
- Malaysia's civil aviation chief said Tuesday he has resigned to take responsibility after an independent investigative report highlighted shortcomings in the air traffic control center during Flight 370's disappearance four years ago. The report released Monday raised the possibility that the jet may have been hijacked even though...
Long Search for MH370
Is Going to End
May 29, 2018 7:19 AM CDT
Long Search for MH370 Is Going to End
Malaysia's new government wants 'closure'
- The question of what on Earth happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 may have to be answered by future generations, if anybody: The search being carried out by American company Ocean Infinity has ended after searching the Indian Ocean seabed for more than three months without a trace of the...
Aussie Official Spurns Theory,
Cites MH370 Pilot's Weight
May 22, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
Aussie Official Spurns Theory, Cites MH370 Pilot's Weight
Peter Foley says Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah would have gotten decompression sickness
- The debate over MH370's demise rages on, this time in the Australian Senate, where an official with the country's Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) threw cold water on a recently pushed theory . In an episode of Australia's
, experts alleged that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah intentionally crashed...
Theory: MH370 Dipped Its Wing
as Part of a Nostalgic Goodbye
May 14, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Theory: MH370 Dipped Its Wing as Part of a Nostalgic Goodbye
Australia's '60 Minutes' delved into the theories on Sunday
- Four years after MH370 vanished without a trace we still have no answers—but we do have a theory. Australia's
on Sunday ran an episode that tries to get at what happened to the doomed plane and presents Senior Boeing 777 pilot and instructor Simon Hardy's...
Hunt for MH370 Turns Up
Indian Ocean's Deepest Wrecks
May 4, 2018 8:40 AM CDT
Hunt for MH370 Turns Up Indian Ocean's Deepest Wrecks
They're 2.3 miles below the ocean's surface
- A four-year search of the depths of the Indian Ocean has failed to find Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. But the unprecedented sonar hunt for the missing airliner might be close to solving 19th-century mysteries—the locations of two sailing ships that vanished with cargoes of coal, reports the AP . Maritime...
While Searching for MH370,
Ship, Too, Disappears
Feb 6, 2018 8:54 AM CST
While Searching for MH370, Ship, Too, Disappears
Seabed Constructor resurfaces after 3 days in Indian Ocean
- Just when you thought the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 couldn't get any more mystifying, it has. While searching for the Boeing 777 that vanished with 239 people on board after departing Kuala Lumpur in March 2014, a ship itself disappeared more than 1,200 miles off Western...
Final Report: Mystery of MH370
Oct 3, 2017 7:11 AM CDT
Final Report: Mystery of MH370 'Almost Inconceivable'
ATSB investigators say they 'deeply regret' the Malaysia Airlines plane was never found
- The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was officially nixed in January, and now Australian Transport Safety Bureau investigators have submitted their final report , per the BBC . In it, they say it's "almost inconceivable" that, three and a half years after the Boeing 777 plunged into the water...
New Black Boxes Won't
Slumber on the Ocean Floor
Oct 2, 2017 11:50 AM CDT
New Black Boxes Won't Slumber on the Ocean Floor
Airbus' next generation is designed to float
- There have been a number of instances where a plane has gone down at sea and the black box was never found—most recently in the case of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 . When it comes to avoiding that fate, the ultimate goal is to get the flight recorders off the...
Experts Say MH370
Could Be in 1 of 3 Spots
Aug 16, 2017 8:59 AM CDT
Experts Say MH370 Could Be in 1 of 3 Spots
New areas based on 2014 satellite images
- Scientists have potentially narrowed the search area for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 to three specific locations in the southern Indian Ocean through new satellite and drift analysis of the 2014 crash released Wednesday, reports the AP . But the Australian Transport Safety Bureau cautioned that the drift analysis by Australian science...
MH370 in Wrong
Dec 20, 2016 7:53 AM CST
We've Been Searching for MH370 in Wrong Place: Report
Experts believe plane lies north of the search area
- The only boat left searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 isn't likely to find it, experts say. A new report from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau says "there is a high degree of confidence" that the plane that disappeared from radar on March 8, 2014, isn't in...
Dec 13, 2016 9:46 AM CST
Last MH370 Search Boat Departs on Final Mission
It will scan trouble areas for the next month
- A Pennsylvania-sized patch of the Indian Ocean has been combed in a $150 million search effort for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370—and that search is now coming to a close with the mystery still unsolved. The last boat still looking for the plane left the Australian port of Fremantle on...
MH370 Wing Flap
Is Clue to Plane's
Nov 2, 2016 8:05 AM CDT
MH370 Wing Flap Is Clue to Plane's Last Moments
Wing flap likely hadn't been deployed: ATSB report
- A piece of debris holds a big potential clue, or so finds a new report on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau. Of the more than 20 pieces of aircraft debris that have been found since MH370 went down in March 2014, three have been verified...
MH370 Was Crashed
on Purpose: Expert
Aug 1, 2016 7:47 AM CDT
'Definite Evidence' MH370 Was Crashed on Purpose: Expert
Canadian air-crash ace says photos of wing section support 'rogue pilot' theory
- Last week, Australian officials said someone had plotted an Indian Ocean course on the flight simulator belonging to the pilot of missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370. This week, a renowned air-crash expert adds onto that, saying he believes the jet was deliberately brought down into the water, the BBC reports....
'Plotted Indian Ocean
Course in Simulator'
Jul 28, 2016 3:48 AM CDT
MH370 Captain 'Plotted Indian Ocean Course in Simulator'
This shows 'the possibility of planning,' Australia says
- Australian officials have confirmed that data recovered from a home flight simulator owned by the captain of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 showed that someone used the device to plot a course to the southern Indian Ocean, where the missing jet is believed to have crashed, the AP reports. There has...
MH370 Decision Could
Leave Mystery Unsolved
Jul 22, 2016 4:49 AM CDT
MH370 Decision Could Leave Mystery Unsolved
Search will be suspended once the current search area is exhausted
- The hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 will be suspended once the current search area in the Indian Ocean has been completely scoured, the ministers of the three countries conducting the operation announced Friday, possibly ending all hopes of solving aviation's greatest mystery. In the absence of new evidence,...
2-Year Search for MH370 May Have Been in Wrong Place
Jul 21, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
2-Year Search for MH370 May Have Been in Wrong Place
If it was manned at the end, the search area is totally wrong
- Roughly 15 months ago, Malaysia, China, and Australia decided that if they couldn't find the wreckage of Flight MH370 in the designated search area—a portion of the southern Indian Ocean the size of Greece, reports Reuters —that that would basically be it: no expansion of the area...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.