Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dunkin' Fans Revolt
After Chain Changes
Oct 11, 2022 6:48 AM CDT
Dunkin' Fans Revolt After Chain Changes Rewards Program
Drama erupted on social media after the switch
- Dunkin' fans are revolting after the coffee and donuts chain updated its rewards program to what customers say is a much worse deal. Tweets on the matter, which are worth perusing Twitter for, include such gems as "The new dunkin rewards system is my villain origin story" and "...
'Free Coffee Mondays'
Feb 1, 2021 1:57 PM CST
Dunkin' Introduces 'Free Coffee Mondays'
Promotion will last through 'home stretch of winter'
- Dunkin'— formerly known as Dunkin' Donuts—says it is offering its fans a "little extra boost" to get through the "home stretch of winter." The chain says it is introducing "Free Coffee Mondays" from Feb. 1 through to Feb. 22, Delish reports. Members of the...
Bright Spot in
Jun 9, 2020 12:03 AM CDT
Dunkin' Offers Bright Spot in Job Market
Chain will be hiring as many as 25K workers
- The job market has been pretty dismal of late , but amid signs of recovery , CBS News reports one chain plans to hire as many as 25,000 workers. Dunkin', which has kept 90% of its locations open (with modifications) amid the COVID-19 pandemic, plans to hire that many counter workers...
It's Losing Donuts ...
but Not the Doughnuts
Sep 25, 2018 2:01 PM CDT
It's Losing Donuts ... but Not the Doughnuts
Dunkin' Donuts to go by one word starting in January
- First WW , now another high-profile name change. Dunkin' Donuts will as of January be known simply as Dunkin', in what NBC News reports is a rebranding designed to reflect its broadened focus on coffee and other beverages and up its appeal to a younger audience. CNN describes it as wanting...
Corruption Runs on Dunkin'
Dec 9, 2017 11:56 AM CST
Prosecutors: Ex-Senator's Corruption Runs on Dunkin'
Brian Joyce accused of accepting hundreds of pounds of coffee as part of bribes, kickbacks
- A former Massachusetts state senator was arrested Friday on charges he accepted about $1 million in bribes and kickbacks, laundered through his law firm, between 2010 and 2016, the
reports. Part of those bribes and kickbacks? Hundreds of pounds of free Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Brian Joyce has been...
Not a Fan of
Coffee Shop Slogan
May 31, 2017 3:03 PM CDT
Dunkin' Donuts Not a Fan of Independent Coffee Shop Slogan
Sends cease-and-desist letter to local joint
- A Massachusetts coffee shop owner says he received a cease-and-desist letter from Dunkin' Donuts claiming trademark infringement for riffing on the chain's catchphrase, the AP reports. Steve Copoulos tells the
he added window art reading "North now runs on Mike's" on his Mike's Coffee...
Guy Sues After
Asking for Butter,
Getting Fake Butter
Mar 31, 2017 7:41 PM CDT
Guy Sues After Asking for Butter, Getting Fake Butter
He won a settlement against Dunkin' Donuts owners
- A Massachusetts man who sued a pair of Dunkin' Donuts owners because he said he was given a butter substitute when he asked for real butter on his bagel has won a settlement, the AP reports. The
reports that Jan Polanik's suits name two companies that together...
Sep 26, 2016 7:41 AM CDT
Despite Vows, Dunkin' Can't Quit Styrofoam
Chain believes eco-unfriendly foam is still the best way to serve your coffee
- Six years after vowing to give up Styrofoam, Dunkin' Donuts is still using its iconic, eco-unfriendly cups, reports Business Insider
The coffee chain declared ridding itself of Styrofoam the "#1 sustainability priority" in 2010, yet a majority of outlets still use cups made of Styrofoam, or polystyrene, which is...
Popular on Newser
She Turned to Podcasters Over Sister's Killing. It Ended Badly
'80s Power Ballad Bands Are Going On Tour Together
Taylor Swift Hits a 10-Figure Milestone
For 2 Years in a Row, Man Has Won $10M at Same Store
Actor Hit Big With Love Story
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.