Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Pence: Errant Comma in Book
Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Nov 28, 2023 8:11 AM CST
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
ABC News also reports former VP nearly skipped the Jan. 6 certification process
- Mike Pence became public enemy No. 1 to supporters of then-President Trump when he certified the 2020 election results on Jan. 6, 2021. But a report from ABC News suggests the former vice president came close to skipping the proceedings altogether. Days before the certification, Pence wrote in his personal...
to Answer 'Stolen
Nov 6, 2023 12:30 AM CST
Scalise Refuses to Answer 'Stolen Election' Question Multiple Times
A clearly frustrated George Stephanopoulos eventually cut off the interview
- At least seven times during a sit-down Sunday on ABC News'
, host George Stephanopoulos tried to get a straight answer from House Majority Leader Steve Scalise on whether he believes the 2020 presidential election was stolen. And at least seven times, Scalise avoided answering the question. The Hill...
Before Grand Jury
After Being Granted
Oct 25, 2023 2:00 AM CDT
Meadows Testified Before Grand Jury After Being Granted Immunity: Sources
Sources say Trump's former chief of staff testified in federal election interference case
- Mark Meadows reportedly testified before a federal grand jury in the election interference case against former President Trump, according to sources who spoke to ABC News . The sources say Meadows, Trump's former chief of staff, has talked to special counsel Jack Smith's team at least two other times...
Oprah: No, I Didn't Ask Romney
to Run for White House With Me
Oct 19, 2023 12:20 PM CDT
Oprah: No, I Didn't Ask Romney to Run for White House With Me
She disputes claim in new book
- Oprah Winfrey is disputing a new book's assertion that she once called Mitt Romney to suggest they run for the White House on the same ticket. Yes, the spokesperson says, Winfrey did indeed call the Utah Republican in the run-up to the 2020 election, but not to float a...
GOP Senators Vote to Fire
Nonpartisan Elections Boss
Sep 14, 2023 6:45 PM CDT
GOP Senators Vote to Fire Nonpartisan Elections Boss
Meagan Wolfe immediately files suit to keep her Wisconsin job
- Republicans in the Wisconsin Senate voted Thursday to fire the state's top elections official from her nonpartisan job. An hour later, saying they didn't have the authority to remove her, Meagan Wolfe sued them. The 22-11 vote means that, until the courts decide whether Wolfe keeps her job...
Grand Jury Recommended
Charges Against Graham
Sep 8, 2023 10:06 AM CDT
Grand Jury Recommended Charges Against Graham
But Georgia prosecutors opted not to bring an indictment against the GOP senator
- It appears Lindsey Graham dodged a legal bullet in Georgia. The special grand jury that investigated former President Trump recommended charging many more people who did not ultimately get indicted, including the South Carolina senator, two former senators from Georgia (Kelly Loeffler and David Purdue), and longtime Trump ally Michael...
Giuliani Loses Georgia
Election Worker Lawsuit
Aug 30, 2023 12:12 PM CDT
Giuliani Loses Georgia Election Worker Lawsuit
Trial will determine how much he owes to mother, daughter who sued for defamation
- Rudy Giuliani's financial problems might soon be getting worse. In a default judgment, the former New York City mayor and Trump lawyer was held liable in a defamation lawsuit filed by two election workers in Georgia, CNBC reports. A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Giuliani had defamed mother and...
Clinton on TV
as Trump News
Broke: 'I Can't
Aug 15, 2023 12:30 PM CDT
Clinton on TV as Trump News Broke: 'I Can't Believe This'
She talks to Rachel Maddow in real time, says she feels no satisfaction
- Hillary Clinton booked an appearance on Rachel Maddow's MSNBC show Monday night to talk about her new
essay on the politicization of social issues. But just before the interview began, news broke that a grand jury in Georgia had returned indictments in its investigation of Donald Trump and...
A Georgia Worry for Trump:
Aug 14, 2023 10:25 AM CDT
A Georgia Worry for Trump: Pardon-Proof Charges
Former president is expected to be indicted on state charges soon
- It looks like the fourth indictment of Donald Trump could come as soon as Tuesday , this time out of Georgia. There, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has been investigating the former president's efforts to overturn his narrow 2020 election loss in the state. A grand jury is on...
Georgia's Case Against Trump
to Reach Grand Jury This Week
Aug 13, 2023 11:20 AM CDT
Georgia's Case Against Trump to Reach Grand Jury This Week
Witnesses report they're to testify Tuesday
- Witnesses including a former lieutenant governor say they expect to testify on Tuesday, an indication that a Georgia grand jury will begin hearing the election interference case against former President Donald Trump this week. Former Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan and independent journalist George Chidi confirmed their appearances have been scheduled,...
Pence: If Called
to Testify in Trump
Case, Here's What I'll Do
Aug 7, 2023 12:30 AM CDT
Pence: If Called to Testify in Trump Case, Here's What I'll Do
Former VP says he'll comply with the law, tell the truth
- What will Mike Pence do if called to testify in the case against former President Trump for alleged election interference? "I have no plans to testify, but, look, we'll always comply with the law," he said in a CNN interview that aired Sunday on
State of the
Aug 4, 2023 5:25 PM CDT
DeSantis: Trump Election Claims Were False
'All those theories' about fraud didn't pan out, GOP rival says
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis did not give Donald Trump the kind of fellow-Republican support the former president is looking for after his arraignment Thursday on federal criminal charges. While campaigning in Iowa on Friday, DeSantis made his most direct statement yet about his rival's accusations that the 2020 presidential...
Trump Pressured Pence
in Christmas Day Call
Aug 2, 2023 12:00 AM CDT
Indictment: Trump Pressured Pence in Christmas Day Call
And again on New Year's Day, indictment says
- On Christmas Day in 2020, then-VP Mike Pence called then-President Donald Trump to wish him a happy holiday. Trump, however, "quickly turned the conversation to January 6 and his request that the Vice President reject electoral votes that day," according to the unsealed indictment against Trump for alleged...
Indictment: Trump Knew
Election Claims Were Lies
Aug 1, 2023 7:01 PM CDT
Indictment: Trump Knew Election Claims Were Lies
'Despite having lost, the Defendant was determined to remain in power'
- "Despite having lost, the Defendant was determined to remain in power," a federal indictment filed against former President Trump Tuesday states. Trump was charged on four counts , including conspiracy to defraud the US, over his attempts to overturn the results of the 2020 election. The 45-page indictment filed...
Trump Indicted for
Efforts to Overturn Election
Aug 1, 2023 4:54 PM CDT
Trump Indicted for Efforts to Overturn Election
Charges include conspiracy to defraud the US
This story has been updated with new details
. Donald Trump has been charged by the Justice Department for his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. The indictment from a federal grand jury focuses on schemes by Trump and his allies to subvert the transfer of power...
A Big Filing in Defamation
Case Against Rudy Giuliani
Jul 26, 2023 8:53 AM CDT
A Big Filing in Defamation Case Against Rudy Giuliani
He concedes his statements about 2 election workers 'carry meaning that is defamatory'
- In a move intended to push a defamation lawsuit against him toward resolution, Rudy Giuliani stated in a late-night Tuesday filing that he "does not contest" the accusations made by two Georgia election workers against him though "without admitting to the truth of the allegations." Ruby Freeman...
16 'False Electors'
Charged With Felonies
Jul 18, 2023 6:11 PM CDT
16 'False Electors' Charged With Felonies
Michigan AG says they were part of effort to 'circumvent lawfully cast ballots'
- The "false electors" in Michigan who sought to overturn President Biden's 2020 election victory are facing some very real criminal charges. State Attorney General Dana Nessel announced Tuesday that the 16 Republicans have each been charged with eight felonies, including conspiracy to commit election law forgery, the
Georgia Supreme Court
Rejects Blocking Trump Case
Jul 17, 2023 7:40 PM CDT
Georgia Supreme Court Rejects Blocking Trump Case
Unanimous ruling lets district attorney's investigation into election interference proceed
- Georgia's Supreme Court quickly and unanimously rejected former President Donald Trump's attempt to put a stop to an investigation into interference in the state's 2020 presidential election results on Monday, just days after the motion was filed. Trump's lawyers asked the court to remove Fulton County...
Jul 7, 2023 4:20 PM CDT
DC Panel: Giuliani Deserves Disbarment
Former Trump lawyer says he'll fight punishment over false election claims
- "He claimed massive election fraud but had no evidence of it," a Washington, DC, bar committee said Friday of Rudy Giuliani. "By prosecuting that destructive case Mr. Giuliani, a sworn officer of the Court, forfeited his right to practice law." The three-member discipline panel thus unanimously...
Ex-Trump Lawyer Retires
Rather Than Face Disbarment
Jul 5, 2023 6:25 PM CDT
Ex-Trump Lawyer Retires Rather Than Face Disbarment
Lin Wood tells Bar he realizes that's the end of his legal career
- A lawyer who repeatedly went to court to challenge the 2020 presidential election results on behalf of Donald Trump has put in for retirement in the face of legal actions against him—including possible disbarment. Lin Wood wrote to the State Bar of Georgia on Tuesday asking to be granted...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
Ecologists Want People to 'Adopt' These 'Water Monsters'
Police Raid Moscow Gay Bars After Anti-LGBTQ+ Ruling
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.