Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jared Kushner, Hope Hicks
Speak to Trump Grand Jury
Jul 13, 2023 7:00 PM CDT
Jared Kushner, Hope Hicks Speak to Trump Grand Jury
Prosecutors ask inner circle whether former president conceded that he lost election
- The federal grand jury investigating former President Trump's involvement in efforts to overturn the 2020 election has reached into his inner White House circle in recent weeks, hearing testimony from senior aides including Jared Kushner and Hope Hicks. The prosecutors' questioning has centered on whether Trump conceded in private...
Oct 1, 2020 8:57 PM CDT
Hope Hicks Tests Positive
Aide has traveled with the president several times this week
- One of President Trump's top aides has tested positive for the coronavirus. Hope Hicks, 31, traveled with the president as recently as Wednesday on Air Force One. She went to Cleveland with him for the presidential debate Tuesday, the
reports. Hicks was photographed without a mask getting...
Hope Hicks Heading
Back to White House
Feb 13, 2020 10:35 AM CST
Hope Hicks Heading Back to White House
Trump adviser left almost 2 years ago
- President Trump is known for firing people , but apparently he's also sometimes open to rehiring them. Hope Hicks, one of Trump's closest and longest-term advisers, is going back to the White House after an almost two-year absence. Hicks, 31, was communications director when she resigned in 2018 ; she...
Panel Chair Kept Calling
Hope Hicks 'Ms. Lewandowski'
Jun 21, 2019 1:51 AM CDT
Panel Chair Kept Calling Hope Hicks 'Ms. Lewandowski'
She refused to answer 155 questions
- Former President Trump aide Hope Hicks was blocked by White House lawyers from answering most questions at a House Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday—but one she would probably have been happy to answer is "Can you confirm your name?" According to a transcript of the closed-door hearing released Thursday,...
Call Hope Hicks'
Jun 19, 2019 1:25 PM CDT
Democrats Call Hope Hicks' Testimony 'Ridiculous'
Some cite the high level of objections to questions
- So how much is Hope Hicks saying before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday? Not enough, at least according to Democratic Rep. David Cicilline, who told reporters Hicks has answered "some" questions but is largely claiming immunity regarding her time in the White House. NBC News quotes him as...
Hope Hicks to
Talk Today, but
How Much Will
Jun 19, 2019 8:50 AM CDT
Hope Hicks to Talk Today, but How Much Will She Say?
Trump instructs former communications director not to answer certain questions
- Wednesday marks the first time House lawmakers will get to question someone close to President Trump since the Mueller report dropped, but it's unclear just how much the House Judiciary Committee will be able to glean from Hope Hicks. She'll sit for a private interview with the committee,...
Jun 12, 2019 6:02 PM CDT
Hope Hicks to Testify Next Week
Former Trump aide agrees to answer committee questions behind closed doors
- The House Judiciary Committee, which subpoenaed Hope Hicks for public testimony, will hear from her—but it will happen behind closed doors. The former aide to President Trump "understands that the Committee will be free to pose questions as it sees fit," Chairman Jerrold Nadler said in a...
Tells Hope Hicks
to Defy Subpoena
Jun 4, 2019 12:26 PM CDT
White House Tells Hope Hicks to Defy Subpoena
Annie Donaldson given the same instruction
- Just say no. That was the White House's line to former Trump aide Hope Hicks and the former chief of staff for Don McGahn, both of whom had faced a Tuesday deadline to turn over documents to the House Judiciary Committee as part of its investigation into potential corruption,...
House Panel Ramps Up
Fight With 2 More Subpoenas
May 21, 2019 4:05 PM CDT
House Panel Ramps Up Fight With 2 More Subpoenas
This time for Hope Hicks and a former McGahn aide
- The House Judiciary Committee has subpoenaed former White House communications director Hope Hicks and a former aide in the White House counsel's office as Democrats continue their investigations of President Trump. The committee subpoenaed Hicks for documents and for testimony at a public hearing, the AP reports. It subpoenaed...
Hope Hicks Lands
Her Next Gig
Oct 8, 2018 12:24 PM CDT
Hope Hicks Lands Her Next Gig
She'll head corporate communications for Fox
- Hope Hicks has landed her post-White House gig. President Trump's former communications director, who left the administration earlier this year , is now the head of corporate communications for Fox. Hicks will assume the role for the new version of the company that will emerge after Disney purchases 21st Century...
Kellyanne Conway Is Trump's
No. 1 Leaker, Book Claims
Apr 2, 2018 12:33 AM CDT
Kellyanne Conway Is Trump's No. 1 Leaker, Book Claims
Author Ronald Kessler's book is out this week
- A new book about the Trump administration zeroes in on Kellyanne Conway as the person responsible for much of the anonymous information springing from the Oval Office. According to Ronald Kessler, author of
The Trump White House: Changing the Rules of the Game,
Conway is the "number one leaker"...
What Trump Told Hope Hicks
When She Resigned
Mar 20, 2018 9:15 AM CDT
What Trump Told Hope Hicks When She Resigned
'I'm sorry for everything you've been through'
magazine is out with a lengthy profile of former presidential aide Hope Hicks that provides some behind-the-scenes snapshots of her stint in the White House and her close, daughterly relationship with President Trump. (He would regularly summon her to his office by shouting, "Hopester!" or...
Trump's Personal Assistant
Is Escorted From White House
Mar 13, 2018 1:55 PM CDT
Trump's Personal Assistant Is Escorted From White House
John McEntee fired from White House post, then hired by the Trump campaign
- Another White House departure is making headlines Tuesday, and it's one that President Trump won't be happy about. The president's personal assistant, John McEntee, was abruptly fired and escorted out of the White House over some kind of security clearance issue, reports the
Wall Street Journal
Mar 8, 2018 5:24 PM CST
Hope Hicks' Email Account Reportedly Hacked
Sources say she told House Intelligence Committee while under questioning
- One of Hope Hicks' email accounts was hacked at some point, she revealed while being interviewed by the House Intelligence Committee last week. Hicks, who was questioned by the committee the day before she stepped down as White House communications director, said while replying to a question that there are...
Baldwin: Hicks 'Like a
Daughter. So Smart. So Hot.'
Mar 4, 2018 8:00 AM CST
Baldwin: Hicks 'Like a Daughter. So Smart. So Hot.'
Actor returns to 'SNL' to mock his favorite target in wake of recent feud
- As President Trump was busily trading jabs with the media at the Gridiron Dinner, Alec Baldwin was merrily mocking his favorite target's chaotic week on
Saturday Night Live,
joking that the recently departed Hope Hicks is "like a daughter to me. So smart, so hot. You know, I...
What Hope Hicks'
Mar 1, 2018 1:03 AM CST
What Hope Hicks' Departure Means
Reactions to the resignation of the latest White House communications director
- Hope Hicks is out: She's the fourth White House communications director to resign during President Trump's tenure, and she was also one of the president's closest and most long-standing aides. At the
Washington Post ,
Jennifer Rubin calls the timing of Hicks' departure "curious," given that...
Trump Loses Another
Comms Director as
Hope Hicks Quits
Feb 28, 2018 4:30 PM CST
Trump Loses Another Comms Director as Hope Hicks Quits
Hicks was one of Trump's longest-tenured advisers
- The White House is losing yet another communications director. The
New York Times
reports Hope Hicks announced her pending resignation from the Trump administration Wednesday. The 29-year-old Hicks is one of President Trump's longest-tenured advisers and one of the few aides to follow him from his company to his...
Report: Hope Hicks
Admits Lying for Trump
Feb 28, 2018 6:11 AM CST
Report: Hope Hicks Admits Lying for Trump
But 'white lies' didn't involve Russia, she says
- White House Communications Director Hope Hicks didn't answer all of investigators' questions during a House intelligence committee interview Tuesday, insiders say—but she was honest about occasionally being dishonest. Sources tell the
New York Times
that Hicks admitted that working for President Trump had required her to tell "...
Hope Hicks Not Answering
All of Investigators' Questions
Feb 27, 2018 5:04 PM CST
Hope Hicks Not Answering All of Investigators' Questions
She draws the line at questions about her time in the White House
- President Donald Trump's longtime aide Hope Hicks is declining to answer questions about her time in the White House in a closed-door interview Tuesday with the House intelligence committee, the AP reports. The panel is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and any contacts between Trump's campaign...
New Name in Spotlight
in Mueller Investigation
Feb 1, 2018 3:00 PM CST
New Name in Spotlight in Mueller Investigation
White House communications director Hope Hicks is under scrutiny
- A new name may play an unexpectedly big role in the Robert Mueller investigation: Hope Hicks. The 29-year-old director of White House communications is coming under scrutiny for comments she allegedly made in regard to Donald Trump Jr.'s controversial meeting with Russians during the campaign, reports the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
No Shutdown: Congress' Surprise Deal Is Approved
Incurable Disease Is Plaguing Young Workers
He Took a Legendary Cookie Recipe to His Grave. Maybe
Police Shove Officials in Election Document Raid
Overturned Truck With Toxic Cargo Causes 'Multiple' Deaths
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.